Zomo MC1000 - Traktor / Pioneer DJ Controller

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: Zomo MC1000 - Traktor / Pioneer DJ ControllerReply
Zomo MC1000 - Traktor / Pioneer DJ Controller
Posted on: 07.12.2012 by Coleman Runningen
Hey guys,
i am believeing about to get me the Zomo MC1000 midi controller. They ve reduced the price from 299 to 189 bucks Anybody have it at home or have experience?
I want to control my Traktor software with it, sometimes virtual DJ too, to mix videos.
I saw some posts a while ago about the zomo, but i wasn t interested in this time. Now i am, but can t find them
Is it also possible to use the controller as an audio interface, like an Audio 8 card to play timecode cds?
thanks!

464_5.jpg
Ellamae Goodkin
Originally Posted by mdcdesign
I am indeed With the right custom mapping, the Zomo is in a whole different league compared to the stock configuration
how did you managed to work with stock configuration?
Doreen Schurle
Originally Posted by M.Beijer
Ah, you are Michael right?

Weird that mappings which is on this community doesnt show up in google results
I am indeed With the right custom mapping, the Zomo is in a whole different league compared to the stock configuration
Mimi Mahaffee

Mimi Mahaffee
Originally Posted by muffintop
Best price in the USA for the mc1000 is b&h for 199 no shipping
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ist&sku=889885
Originally Posted by EllenElia
Hey there,
it was working with my Traktor Version 2.1. Now I ve updated Traktor to 2.5 and its running without issues.
But i don t use the soundcard of it, just using it as controller.
are you using any official mapping or made your own?
had a hard time finding a mapping for traktor..
Coleman Runningen
check this link: http://www.zomodjusa.com/where-to-buy
Originally Posted by soundinsurgent712
Has anyone found a place in the States from where I can get the mounting kit from?? Thanks for all the info thus far fellas........
Silva Oatis
I live in Canada and got my Zomo from the same eBay listing. Even with duty and shipping costs I got mine for $180. Still a huge bargain. You can't even find a 2nd hand Traktor Audio 8 for that price around here. Just a side note. Mine arrived missing the mounting stand as advertised. SonicFiber corrected their mistake by sending me one free of charge once I contacted them. Great seller. I recommend buying from them
Brunilda Kora
Someone in the US is gonna get a bargain:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Zomo-MC-10...item232fae032d
Ellamae Goodkin
After some time and digging on internet I managed to map myself basic controls on my MC-1000, I will upload soon .tsi file for 2 decks basic controls, and picture with details for every control I mapped. This is mapping for traktor pro 2.
Maybe works with other versions of traktor but I didn't tested yet.

BR
Ra
Ellamae Goodkin
how did you managed to work with stock configuration?
Silva Oatis
SonicFibre's eBay store . New but open box full 1 year warranty $129 US. I just ordered one today . There is a few left http://www.ebay.com/viewitem?sbk=1&n...d=151088530123
Doreen Schurle

Mimi Mahaffee

Doreen Schurle
https://maps.djranking s.com/mappings/1346

Gaynell Rydberg
mcdesign here has a pretty good mapping for it. It should be uploaded.
Mimi Mahaffee
Originally Posted by muffintop
Hey there,
it was working with my Traktor Version 2.1. Now I ve updated Traktor to 2.5 and its running without issues.
are you using any official mapping or made your own?
had a hard time finding a mapping for traktor..
Nana Mohs
Coleman Runningen
check this link: http://www.zomodjusa.com/where-to-buy
Has anyone found a place in the States from where I can get the mounting kit from?? Thanks for all the info thus far fellas........
Xenia Gorin
Rolanda Clodfelder
@EllenElia

You do Realize thats Euro right which = $249 USD ?
Coleman Runningen
Hey there,

Im also interested in the mc1000, however it doesnt seem like so many people are using it. I believe there is a onboard soundcard but i dont believe it would work with traktor since it not certified, correct me if im wrong.

anyhow i would use the djm 900 soundcard. My local shop doesnt keep the unit in stock but i could order it, would just like to read some reviews of it first.
Coleman Runningen
Where did you find it for that price at??
http://www.recordcase.de/en/zomo-mid...-1000_e,i4.htm
Hilde Yousefzadeh
I want controller that its ready made for it.

Cliff Lohman
I believe I paid $205 for mine on eBay brand new.. It was a "Make an Offer" listing that I believe had the orig price listed for $225.. I never saw them below $200 anywhere on the web but thought 205 shipped was a good deal at the time
Rolanda Clodfelder
Amazon had em for that price on black friday .. if they are still about anywhere love to know
Xenia Gorin
Hey guys,
i am believeing about to get me the Zomo MC1000 midi controller. They ve reduced the price from 299 to 189 bucks464_5.jpg
Cliff Lohman
I got one recently to replace my x1.. Its pretty nice but i got a few gripes:
1. There is no manual or support anywhere on the web.. Wtf.. Not that its hard to figure out but again.. Wtf
2. The shift layer could be alot better.. Different colors would be great otherwise u forget its on shift mode. Or a momentary hold for the shift layer would be nice. I delete my hotcues all the time cuz i forget to look at lil shift light.
3. Color led output - not the best implementation - would love to see an editor that lets u tweak colors or lighting blinks etc. like #2, its very discrete when u switch to deck b and d (tiny light by lever). Smetimes i forget to look..
4. Pitch bend - i like the little lever but i cant seem to map it any differently than a fader knob (i was kinda expecting some kind of true pitch bend)
5. Remapping of b and d layers for stuff like fx knobs.. U basically hve a different midi channel per deck on the zomo.. A is 1, b is 2, c is 3 and d is 4.. Which is cool but u basically need to remap the "shared functions" like fx knobs and buttons.

All in all, its a nice, compact unit that is well laid out and fits great over a mixer with the mounting kit. If u can deal with above, id recommend it. I havent tried the soundcard but i dont believe its great from other reviews ive seen.

High quality build across the board on the build.. Feels better than pio cdj but u can tell they went for that look and feel.

Chroma caps fit perfectly but the stock knobs are very nice.
Oretha Afful
Wow never actually seen this before. Looks great actually.

Love the fact it can mount over top of the mixer like that.
Mimi Mahaffee
Im also interested in the mc1000, however it doesnt seem like so many people are using it. I believe there is a onboard soundcard but i dont believe it would work with traktor since it not certified, correct me if im wrong.

anyhow i would use the djm 900 soundcard. My local shop doesnt keep the unit in stock but i could order it, would just like to read some reviews of it first.

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy