Looking to purchase this set on ebay, looks like a killer deal

CDJ200 nexus (2) and DJM900 nexus (1)

Lets hear some thoughts

Untitledsdasdas.jpg
Nikole Resende
Originally Posted by DJSigma
It's almost certainly not legit. There are 2 things that set off alarm bells: -

1. The price. Obviously.

2. If you look above the item description, it says that he is giving 100% of the final sale price to UNICEF. Sure, some charitable soul might be listing 3 sets of DJ gear for $1,000 each and giving all the money to charity, but do you believe that's likely here? If I was going to do that, I would auction the goods off for the charity, or set the buy it now price to $4,000 or something, because I'd want to raise as much money as possible.

I suspect that the eBay account in question has been hijacked and that if you bought the items, the seller would contact you and ask you to pay some other way instead of using PayPal. Listing it as a charity auction is likely just a ruse to make you believe that they are doing a good deed, so when they contact you and say "can you pay this way instead?" you won't want to let the charity down by not paying up. It's just a little extra convincer.

Personally I wouldn't touch that listing with a 10 foot pole.
+ 1000

If a deal looks too good to be true, it probably is. Better learn this from us now than learn it the hard way on ebay after purchasing the set.
Qiana Castellucci
Originally Posted by zagabrendan
I've seen some crazy deals on ebay that's why I'm asking,

Presumably that's why a lot of people even bother checking ebay no? In the hopes for a deal of a lifetime
Just curiosity,.

Anyways, wouldn't the buyer protection cover me regardless
I cant see all of the ad. as its too small - post the link and i'll have a look. But frankly it IS too good to be true.
Qiana Castellucci
Elaborate why? @Nudedudewithattitude
Seriously? if I'm reading that right a Buy It Now of $1000 for whats probably $6000 worth of gear and you need an explanation?
Ping Feiring
Looking to purchase this set on ebay, looks like a killer deal

CDJ200 nexus (2) and DJM900 nexus (1)

Lets hear some thoughts

Untitledsdasdas.jpg
Lina Rawie
When I looked at the listing earlier, it said 3 available - 1 sold. Now it says 5 available - 1 sold, so he's added 2 more to the listing in the last couple of hours. It's definitely not legit. I've reported it to eBay as potentially fraudulent, but to be honest, they're often useless when it comes to this stuff.

Originally Posted by eBay employee
A guy who's never sold DJ gear before selling 10 brand new Nexus 2000s and 5 brand new DJM-900s for less than 25% of the retail price and giving all the money to charity? Seems legit to me!
Nikole Resende
Originally Posted by DJSigma

1. The price. Obviously.

2. If you look above the item description, it says that he is giving 100% of the final sale price to UNICEF. Sure, some charitable soul might be listing 3 sets of DJ gear for $1,000 each and giving all the money to charity, but do you believe that's likely here? If I was going to do that, I would auction the goods off for the charity, or set the buy it now price to $4,000 or something, because I'd want to raise as much money as possible.

I suspect that the eBay account in question has been hijacked and that if you bought the items, the seller would contact you and ask you to pay some other way instead of using PayPal. Listing it as a charity auction is likely just a ruse to make you believe that they are doing a good deed, so when they contact you and say "can you pay this way instead?" you won't want to let the charity down by not paying up. It's just a little extra convincer.

+ 1000

If a deal looks too good to be true, it probably is. Better learn this from us now than learn it the hard way on ebay after purchasing the set.
Lina Rawie

1. The price. Obviously.

Qiana Castellucci

Presumably that's why a lot of people even bother checking ebay no? In the hopes for a deal of a lifetime
Just curiosity,.

I cant see all of the ad. as its too small - post the link and i'll have a look. But frankly it IS too good to be true.
Ping Feiring

Just curiosity,.

Qiana Castellucci
Seriously? if I'm reading that right a Buy It Now of $1000 for whats probably $6000 worth of gear and you need an explanation?
Ping Feiring
Marcelina Hanaway
yep

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy