Reloop RMX-80 help

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: Reloop RMX-80 helpReply
Reloop RMX-80 help
Posted on: 25.10.2013 by Hank Guidas
Yesterday I bought this mixer and it's great and all. But I got a question, which some of you may be able to answer, regardless if you have the mixer or not.

I tried using the effect cue button, but it doesn't really serve a purpose. It only works if: channel fader is up and when the effect engage button has been pressed. The result is that I can't preview the effect, it basically just allowe me to hear the effect in my headphone. It wasn't like that with my old rmx-40 iirc

Can this be true?
Hank Guidas
Yesterday I bought this mixer and it's great and all. But I got a question, which some of you may be able to answer, regardless if you have the mixer or not.

I tried using the effect cue button, but it doesn't really serve a purpose. It only works if: channel fader is up and when the effect engage button has been pressed. The result is that I can't preview the effect, it basically just allowe me to hear the effect in my headphone. It wasn't like that with my old rmx-40 iirc

Can this be true?
Hank Guidas
Firmware update has fixed this. I have yet to update though, because I don't have the right cable.
Hank Guidas
It wasn't like that on their old mixers.. It's weird
Isa Erik
Just checked: on my little denon mixer volume fader also needs to be up, never noticed that before (although, to be honest I don't believe I ever used efx cue). So, yes - basically you can only preview efx on master output.
But efx on button doesn't need to be on, have no idea why it's like that on reloop O.o
Hank Guidas
Nop, nothing works. To get sound from the efx cue I need to press the engage button.. It's really weird. Gonna write reloop about this.
Alphonso Deitchman
What position is your Cue Mix dial in? Try a really obvious effect like Filter and play around with the time parameter.

Only certain FX can be previewed on my DJM too - Filter, Flanger, and Phaser can all be previewed for example.
Hank Guidas
I believe ive tried that, that's how it worked on my old mixer, but i will get back with results. Gonna reply when I have an update.

update: Effect cue only works when the button is on...
Isa Erik
Don't press the effect engage button, just twist the dry/wet knob to like, half. Make sure you have selected a effect that can be previewed (on my denon mixer not all can be) and also make sure you have selected the right channel to have effects applied and headphone cue is only on effects.

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy