Cheaper Pad Controllers

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: Cheaper Pad ControllersReply
Cheaper Pad Controllers
Posted on: 26.11.2013 by Ellsworth Kozelka
Im looking at getting a pad controller for samplers effects etc for my DJing

Have my eye on 2 the AKAI LPD8 which has 8 pads plus 8 or so knobs

Or the KORG nano pad which has just 16 pads

Im believeing the AKAI becuase it has the nobs etc but i could always map alot more effects samplers with the korg.

Does anyone have any exspreience with either of them?
Armando Waithour
well, I got the nanopad2 for 30
Waldo Sinegal
i wouldn't rule out the traktor kontrol f1. i have that and its awesome with the remix decks and theres some sick effect mappings out there. also it comes with the full version of traktor (which is half the reason i got it). its probably $100 more than you wanted to spend but its a really nice controller. theres usually some for sale by users for fairly cheap in the community here (if you don't mind used and can get it with the software). the main difference from the controllers you were looking at (i believe i don't have either of them) is it the f1 does not have velocity sensitive pads
Armando Waithour
Armando Waithour
Armando Waithour
Klara Kinnebrew
If you are trying to go a cheaper router but still want something that will take some abusebi suggest the vestax padONE. built like a brick shit house and I believe you can find them on the net for like $70. The nanopad is a nice cheap piece of gear but if it is used a decent amount it needs to be replaced quiet often. I have went through 2. The padONE just takes so much abuse.

Emelina Chillson
My launchpad is badass. Most useful midi pad in existence.
Nana Mohs
I love my launchpad. If you just want pads, it is for sure the way to go. There are a couple great mappings on djtt for it as well.

If you want to figure out a little scripting, try midimasher. I rarely use my LP (not because I don't like it… more because I've been using as minimal of a setup as possible. Before I got my 2d I played most of my sets only on my launchpad), but when I do I use it with midimasher.
Tracy Wansing
Originally Posted by c0nsul
well, I got the nanopad2 for 30 €!!
gosh, do they make the nanopads any better these days?

they were terrible when they first released. would break right away. even djtt stopped promoting them.
Armando Waithour
Ervin Calvery
Originally Posted by arsman
If that is cheap for you then you must be loaded
BASE is super expensive compared to QuNeo, which you can grab from DJTT for a ridiculous $141.55 today.

However, compared to Push ($600) and Maschine mkII($600), BASE in sort of in the middle. It's about half the price of flagship controllers like the MPC Renaissance or Maschine Studio.

I believe that's fair to say.
Kellie Myrum
I'm not really... got one (or two) for free :P
Petra Arra
Originally Posted by Stewe
Livid BASE all day.
Armando Waithour
don
Ellsworth Kozelka
a few weeks ago I had to make the same decision!
i choosed the nanopad2. I never played around with the LPD8 so I can just talk about the nanopad2:

pros
xy-pad
16 pads in 4 banks (every note is assignable and each pad can fire up to 4 notes)

cons
-no LEDs & no knobs
-pads sensibility is critical when it comes to play quiet notes on DAWs (issue&workaround: )
-xy-pad is global, so you can
Armando Waithour
i choosed the nanopad2. I never played around with the LPD8 so I can just talk about the nanopad2:

pros
xy-pad
16 pads in 4 banks (every note is assignable and each pad can fire up to 4 notes)

cons
-no LEDs & no knobs
-pads sensibility is critical when it comes to play quiet notes on DAWs (issue&workaround: )
Ellsworth Kozelka
Im looking at getting a pad controller for samplers effects etc for my DJing

Have my eye on 2 the AKAI LPD8 which has 8 pads plus 8 or so knobs

Or the KORG nano pad which has just 16 pads

Im believeing the AKAI becuase it has the nobs etc but i could always map alot more effects samplers with the korg.

Does anyone have any exspreience with either of them?
Tracy Wansing
well, I got the nanopad2 for 30 €!!
gosh, do they make the nanopads any better these days?

they were terrible when they first released. would break right away. even djtt stopped promoting them.
April Burnap
If I was you, I'd go for a launchpad (S?), purely because of the amount of options it gives you... That, plus something like TouchOSC or the MIDI designer app, would rock. That's essentially my DJing set up, and it works a treat. Super minimal and light!
Petra Arra
believeing of getting a launchpad mini and launch control. at 99$ each, its not cheap like the lpd or nanopad but i kinda liking those 2
Armando Waithour
Ervin Calvery
BASE is super expensive compared to QuNeo, which you can grab from DJTT for a ridiculous $141.55 today.

However, compared to Push ($600) and Maschine mkII($600), BASE in sort of in the middle. It's about half the price of flagship controllers like the MPC Renaissance or Maschine Studio.

I believe that's fair to say.
Kellie Myrum
But seriously, I'd check this pads out

Dirty cheap for amount of control that comes on board.
Kellie Myrum
I'm not really... got one (or two) for free :P
Petra Arra
Originally Posted by Stewe
Livid BASE all day.
Ervin Calvery
QuNeo all day.
Kellie Myrum
Livid BASE all day.
Armando Waithour
don
Ellsworth Kozelka

pros
xy-pad

cons
-no LEDs & no knobs
Armando Waithour

pros
xy-pad

cons
-no LEDs & no knobs

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy