Pioneer RMX-1000 with Traktor / S4

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: Pioneer RMX-1000 with Traktor / S4Reply
Pioneer RMX-1000 with Traktor / S4
Posted on: 25.03.2012 by Merry Piesik
Although the price of the Pioneer RMX-1000 is steep it looks pretty cool and has made me curious... how would you go about integrating it with a setup of Traktor and a S4 or VCI-400?
Florene Tolo
Originally Posted by The Mighty FV
I will be buying a RMX and running it like this - you have total control over the sound output and effect intensity on the unit, it's all controllable - no need to worry.

When people use the FX on, for example, a Pioneer 800, they will have them set to 'master' alot of the time anyway - only certain FX work well being signed to one channel, like echo or delay.

I don't see a full master FX unit being an issue at all - just buy it man!
Thanks for the reply dude. I didn't know that about the Pioneer effects. I have a MidiFighter 3d so I'd be okay with using the Traktor delays and echos if I have to use them on one deck only. I generally only play one track at a time so I didn't believe it would be a huge deal but I kept hearing people saying the RMX is pointless without send/return. Thanks again for the heads up.
Joesph Kasian
Originally Posted by markage
Anybody here end up buying the RMX1000 to use with their S4 (or S2/VCI400, etc)? If so, do you love it or do you regret it?

I really want to buy a RMX but I'm worried that running it through master-out will be disappointing, or have other technical issues like the effects being too loud/overbearing, etc. Running it through Ableton like stated above is a little too much work (although I would definitely use the VST for production).

My buddy has a DJM2000 and I've always loved the Pioneer effects over Traktors, but the lack of a send/return has me wondering if I should even bother. Thoughts and opinions?
I will be buying a RMX and running it like this - you have total control over the sound output and effect intensity on the unit, it's all controllable - no need to worry.

When people use the FX on, for example, a Pioneer 800, they will have them set to 'master' alot of the time anyway - only certain FX work well being signed to one channel, like echo or delay.

Tomiko Schellenberger
Originally Posted by shogg
Okay,so lets say i have two turntables and a mixer with send/return and i use Traktor with Timecode vinyl.Can i connect the RMX-1000 to the send/return of the mixer and use it with Traktor just like i would use it with a pair of CDJs and a mixer?
Yep this is how I use my RMX 1000
Merry Piesik
Although the price of the Pioneer RMX-1000 is steep it looks pretty cool and has made me curious... how would you go about integrating it with a setup of Traktor and a S4 or VCI-400?
Jamee Zaborny
In my experience, you CAN use the RMX-1000 w/ the Kontrol s4; however, it's not ideal and recording the FX is not possible, at all.

Basically, if you are using the Kontrol s4, you are using a unit that does not support SEND/RETURN. This will hold true if you are using any system without a SEND/RETURN. In order for you to experience what the RMX-1000 has to offer, you will need to connect the master output of your mixer into the input of the RMX-1000 and the output of the RMX-1000 to the stereo amplifier/speaker. With this setup you will only be able to hear the effects applied out of the stereo amplifier directly. No more, no less.

Hope this helps some. If you are using the Kontrol s4, you should stick to the FX in Traktor. MANY, if not all of what the RMX-1000 can do, you can natively do in Traktor.

With that said, I'm willing to sell my RMX-1000 for $650. I used it for 5 minutes to verify the above comments are accurate. It's practically brand new and $150 less than you'd get it in stores.
Florene Tolo
Originally Posted by The Mighty FV

Thanks for the reply dude. I didn't know that about the Pioneer effects. I have a MidiFighter 3d so I'd be okay with using the Traktor delays and echos if I have to use them on one deck only. I generally only play one track at a time so I didn't believe it would be a huge deal but I kept hearing people saying the RMX is pointless without send/return. Thanks again for the heads up.
Nevada Edgette
Thinking about getting an RMX1000 for my set up. I would have to go the master out route since im using the Z2.
Joesph Kasian
Originally Posted by markage
Anybody here end up buying the RMX1000 to use with their S4 (or S2/VCI400, etc)? If so, do you love it or do you regret it?

I really want to buy a RMX but I'm worried that running it through master-out will be disappointing, or have other technical issues like the effects being too loud/overbearing, etc. Running it through Ableton like stated above is a little too much work (although I would definitely use the VST for production).

My buddy has a DJM2000 and I've always loved the Pioneer effects over Traktors, but the lack of a send/return has me wondering if I should even bother. Thoughts and opinions?

Tomiko Schellenberger
Originally Posted by shogg
Okay,so lets say i have two turntables and a mixer with send/return and i use Traktor with Timecode vinyl.Can i connect the RMX-1000 to the send/return of the mixer and use it with Traktor just like i would use it with a pair of CDJs and a mixer?
Yep this is how I use my RMX 1000
Jordon Atterholt
Florene Tolo

Bertie Metro
You can always get a Y splitter for your headphones, when you're not using the headphones to cue up a next track, use it to send the deck you want to the fx box. Then you set the fx out to a free input on the s4, in sound preferences choose this input for the aux input, it should work. It will be pre fader, but it's better than having no options at all.

Just don't forget to kill the fx/turn down the aux return before cueing another track, or you'll be creating a mess.
Nedra Fresneda
Not sure about the VCI but with the S4 (there is no send/return routing when mixing in internal mode) the only way to hook it up is to the Master out, meaning you won't be able to process decks individually.

A workaround is to route Traktor to Ableton and load the VST it ships with for each deck there. Big downside with doing this is you lose the channel faders inside Traktor (since you need to set it to external mixing) so you need to map Ableton to do this, the problem? You will have to use Regular MIDI instead of NHL, meaning you won't be able to use the default map and you will lose a lot of resolution with the jogs and pitch faders.

IMO it's not the wisest investment, specially if you won't be able to use it to it's full extend without having quite a few headaches.
Daine Ziadeh
I don't believe you'd need a separete effect unit when you can use traktor's or serato's effects. It's different for CDJ's and mixers that lack that much effects.

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy