Traktor X1 MK2 Pitch Slider Mapping Question

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: Traktor X1 MK2 Pitch Slider Mapping QuestionReply
Traktor X1 MK2 Pitch Slider Mapping Question
Posted on: 07.12.2013 by Trula Mottes
Hi Everybody,

I recently purchased an X1 Mk2 and love it! I have been trying to figure out how to program the loop knobs to have a secondary pitch slider function. I have seen in a couple of other posts that this can her done, but am wondering how anyone has done it.

Thank you in advance for the help!

Alex
Arielle Goodling
Originally Posted by mralpaca
That was exactly what I was looking for! Thank you! I can change the sensitivity of the jumps by adjusting the slider range but I would optimally like to keep a range of like 14% and also have jumps at around .1 bpm. Do you know how to tweak that?

Thanks again!
Sorry for little late response.

Go to Traktor --> Preferences --> Controller manager
Select Device ---> X1 Mk2

Add in --> Modifier #1, press "Learn" and then "Sync" button on your X1, press "Learn" again (to turn it off)
Type of controller: button, interaction mode: hold, NO tick in "Override factory mapping" slot.
Button options, set to value = 1

Add in --> Tempo adjust, set controller as left loop encoder
Modifier controls ---> Modifier M1, value 1
Type of controller: Encoder, Interaction mode: Relative, select Override factory mapping, Assignment Deck A
Then tweak the Rotary sensitivity to your taste, something around 5-15% percent might be good. Just try and see

Repeat for other deck(s), but change the Modifier numbers, deck assignments and physical controls accordingly.

Please note that this makes SYNC button to behave a bit... oddly. In default mapping holding the button and releasing it will not toggle SYNC, but with this custom mode it will. Didn't figure out a way to fix this

Edit: Came to my mind that you can of course use any button as modifier button, such as FLUX or SHIFT (that might mess the beatjump though). Play around with the maping tool and find out the suitable combo yourself
Trula Mottes
Originally Posted by Ozei
Do you want to modify default mapping or are you creating one from a scratch? Because in default mapping, if you hold SYNC and twist the loop encoder it changes the deck's pitch

That was exactly what I was looking for! Thank you! I can change the sensitivity of the jumps by adjusting the slider range but I would optimally like to keep a range of like 14% and also have jumps at around .1 bpm. Do you know how to tweak that?

Thanks again!
Trula Mottes
Hi Everybody,

I recently purchased an X1 Mk2 and love it! I have been trying to figure out how to program the loop knobs to have a secondary pitch slider function. I have seen in a couple of other posts that this can her done, but am wondering how anyone has done it.

Thank you in advance for the help!

Alex
Arielle Goodling
Originally Posted by mralpaca

Thanks again!
Sorry for little late response.

Go to Traktor --> Preferences --> Controller manager
Select Device ---> X1 Mk2

Add in --> Modifier #1, press "Learn" and then "Sync" button on your X1, press "Learn" again (to turn it off)
Type of controller: button, interaction mode: hold, NO tick in "Override factory mapping" slot.
Button options, set to value = 1

Add in --> Tempo adjust, set controller as left loop encoder
Modifier controls ---> Modifier M1, value 1
Type of controller: Encoder, Interaction mode: Relative, select Override factory mapping, Assignment Deck A
Then tweak the Rotary sensitivity to your taste, something around 5-15% percent might be good. Just try and see

Repeat for other deck(s), but change the Modifier numbers, deck assignments and physical controls accordingly.

Please note that this makes SYNC button to behave a bit... oddly. In default mapping holding the button and releasing it will not toggle SYNC, but with this custom mode it will. Didn't figure out a way to fix this

Edit: Came to my mind that you can of course use any button as modifier button, such as FLUX or SHIFT (that might mess the beatjump though). Play around with the maping tool and find out the suitable combo yourself
Trula Mottes
Originally Posted by Ozei
Do you want to modify default mapping or are you creating one from a scratch? Because in default mapping, if you hold SYNC and twist the loop encoder it changes the deck's pitch

Thanks again!
Arielle Goodling

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy