Traktor 2 cueing problem

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: Traktor 2 cueing problemReply
Traktor 2 cueing problem
Posted on: 02.12.2013 by Ellsworth Kozelka
Basically i believe i have set it all up correctly i am using traktor pro 2 and a hercules rmx controller but basically the sound thats ment to be comming out of the speakers is comming out of the headphones and vice versa.

So when i do a transition you can hear it change in the headphones but doesnt change out of the speakers

How do i change this?
Iliana Toepel
Originally Posted by Macco
I am using a asio driver, could this be why? Seems i can only use a asio driver to get sound to work from both speakers and headphones when on Virtual DJ i can do it seprately
Check the hercules icon in windows tray they have a settings function in there that has to be changed before you open Traktor Pro they also have gains of RMX2 version which can make the mic really loud as well.
Ellsworth Kozelka
Originally Posted by robdquick
I have never had any problems getting Traktor's main output volume to be loud enough. Are you using an ASIO driver for the RMX soundcard? How far does the volume meter at the top of the screen go up when it's at full volume?? I'm trying to believe of anything else it could be and coming up a bit short here!!!

I am using a asio driver, could this be why? Seems i can only use a asio driver to get sound to work from both speakers and headphones when on Virtual DJ i can do it seprately
Ellsworth Kozelka
Originally Posted by VanGogo
This is from the RMX product description.

HEADPHONE CONTROLS
1 rotary Monitor Select potentiometer
The Monitor Select potentiometer lets the DJ select the music played on the headphone output, either:
Previewing (the track selected with the Cue Select buttons), or Deck A + Deck B,
Or a mix of the 2 tracks, when the Monitor Select position is between these 2 settings.
2 Cue Select buttons (1 per deck)
Selects the deck the DJ previews on the headphones: Cue Select Deck A or Cue Select Deck B.
1 rotary Headphone volume potentiometer
Sets the volume on the headphone output, whether the headphones are plugged into the top or front panel of the controller.

Basically iv got it working but the sound coming from the speakers is alot quieter than it is in Virtual DJ, in virtual DJ i can change the laptops volume when i press the volume control in the bottom right hand corner of the screen and it comes with 2 volume controls 1 for the laptop and one for the headphones.But in Traktor it only comes up with one which doesn't even change the volume? its just like dead? How can i can i make it louder for in Traktor?
By the way my line faders are turned up fully and the master volume fader up or down doesn't seem to do anything either on my RMX.

Any help would be appreciated thank you
Ellsworth Kozelka

HEADPHONE CONTROLS
The Monitor Select potentiometer lets the DJ select the music played on the headphone output, either:
Previewing (the track selected with the Cue Select buttons), or Deck A + Deck B,
Or a mix of the 2 tracks, when the Monitor Select position is between these 2 settings.
Selects the deck the DJ previews on the headphones: Cue Select Deck A or Cue Select Deck B.
Sets the volume on the headphone output, whether the headphones are plugged into the top or front panel of the controller.

So is there any way i can change it so i can preview the songs?
Ellsworth Kozelka
Basically i believe i have set it all up correctly i am using traktor pro 2 and a hercules rmx controller but basically the sound thats ment to be comming out of the speakers is comming out of the headphones and vice versa.

So when i do a transition you can hear it change in the headphones but doesnt change out of the speakers

How do i change this?
Iliana Toepel
Originally Posted by Macco
Check the hercules icon in windows tray they have a settings function in there that has to be changed before you open Traktor Pro they also have gains of RMX2 version which can make the mic really loud as well.
Ellsworth Kozelka
Originally Posted by robdquick
I have never had any problems getting Traktor's main output volume to be loud enough. Are you using an ASIO driver for the RMX soundcard? How far does the volume meter at the top of the screen go up when it's at full volume?? I'm trying to believe of anything else it could be and coming up a bit short here!!!

Cassie Sangermano
Ellsworth Kozelka
I believe it was the map i used for my controller that was the problem for my master volume, but its still not as lad as it could be. Not being able to change the volume on the pc and all.

And i was in internal mixing mode robdquick !
Charline Dye
In preferences their is a headroom setting, check to make sure it isn't too low. Also there is a main out volume knob in the software, at the top of the screen in the middle, and slightly to the left.
Cassie Sangermano
Are you in external or internal mixing mode??? That's the only thing I can believe of where changing the volume in traktor doesn't change the volume. Can you screenshot you audio output settings so we can take a look at them??
Ellsworth Kozelka

HEADPHONE CONTROLS

Basically iv got it working but the sound coming from the speakers is alot quieter than it is in Virtual DJ, in virtual DJ i can change the laptops volume when i press the volume control in the bottom right hand corner of the screen and it comes with 2 volume controls 1 for the laptop and one for the headphones.But in Traktor it only comes up with one which doesn't even change the volume? its just like dead? How can i can i make it louder for in Traktor?
By the way my line faders are turned up fully and the master volume fader up or down doesn't seem to do anything either on my RMX.

Any help would be appreciated thank you
Ellsworth Kozelka

HEADPHONE CONTROLS

So is there any way i can change it so i can preview the songs?
Charline Dye

HEADPHONE CONTROLS
Ellsworth Kozelka
Have changed it to that, now its just doing exactly wat it does through the speakers, how do i pre listen to the next track on its own ?
Charline Dye
In preferences your output channels need to be switched. Change the Master outs (L&R) to 1 & 2 if they are on 3 & 4, or the opposite. Also do the same for the Monitor outs.

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy