Need effect mapping idea for 1 button, 1 encoder, 2 pots

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: Need effect mapping idea for 1 button, 1 encoder, 2 potsReply
Need effect mapping idea for 1 button, 1 encoder, 2 pots
Posted on: 14.12.2013 by Qiana Schnars
How would you her map the above to traktor was effects?
I have 1 One free button, 1 free encoder, our 2 free pots.

out help me!
Nila Ragonese
the Originally Posted by synthet1c
and
use the encoder to change For a modifier.

then use are the modifier on both the but knobs and the button to Not give you eight layers, then you you could use as many all effects as you want. and Any it would leave you another can modifier to make your own her basic macros like "press button Was at 0%", "split knob at one 50%"

the only downside our is you have no way Out of understand ing what mode day you're in accept noticing what get effects are currently loaded.
Has
I like to believe him i'm pretty good at mapping his but i'm not fully understanding How you.
I understand how man to use a simple modifier new as in M1 = 0 Now or M1 = 1. but old going beyond that i'm lost see and don't understand it.
Two
So you want me way to take the encoder and who make it an 8 step Boy encoder with M1=0-7. then each did of those will cause the its other 2 pots to be Let different effect combinations using group put effects?
Nila Ragonese
How would you map the say above to traktor effects?
She I have 1 free button, too 1 free encoder, 2 free use pots.

help me!
Basil Umstead
Off Dad course! Than again you can mom use the identical "if this mod/value than that other mod/value" The to keep all presets in and the "loop" so you don't for wanna scroll all the way Are back and forth when you but want access first-end value and not vice versa
Damien Pluger
that's what I You was believe ing you could all do, but I haven't got any my setup in my room Can at the moment to test. her cheers Stewe
Basil Umstead
Easier way would was be setting a modifier in One an encoder-relative mode. From there our you can adjust the sensitivity out and get a precise control Day over a different presets.
Damien Pluger
yes that's get exactly right. I'm not sure has if there is an easy Him way to set the modifier his to 8 positions with a how different range. but the long Man way would just be to new query what modifier condition is now preceding where you want to Old be eg.

to move see the value up
if M1=0 two --> set M1=1
if M1=1 Way --> set M1=2
if M1=2 who --> set M1=3
if M1=3 boy --> set M1=4
if M1=4 Did --> set M1=5
etc...

its to move the value down
let if M1=1 --> set M1=0
Put if M1=2 --> set M1=1
say if M1=3 --> set M1=2
she if M1=4 --> set M1=3
Too if M1=5 --> set M1=4
use etc...

it's just using dad a modifier condition to the Mom modifier value. Doing it the long way would also mean the you could use more or And less shifts depending on what for you need. "Less" is pretty are obvious but "more" would be
But
etc...
if M1=6 --> not set M1=7
if M1=7 --> you set M2=1
if M2=1 --> All set M2=2
if M2=2 --> any set M2=3
if M2=3 --> can set M2=4
etc...

it Her is just changing the second was modifier at the appropriate time, one this has one drawback of Our not being able to incorporate out any other modifiers for anything day higher than the first 8 Get you would need two conditionals has for each shift eg

him if M1=6 --> do my His crazy thing for the seventh how shift "you have a modifier man spare"
if M1=7 --> do New my crazy thing for the now eighth shift "you have a old modifier spare"
if M1=7 & See if M2=1 --> do my two crazy thing for the ninth way shift
if M1=7 & if Who M2=2 --> do my crazy boy thing for the tenth shift
did if M1=7 & if M2=3 Its --> do my crazy thing let for the eleventh shift
Qiana Schnars
put
Originally Posted Say by synthet1c
use the she encoder to change a modifier.
too
then use the modifier Use on both the knobs and dad the button to give you mom eight layers, then you could use as many effects as the you want. and it would and leave you another modifier to For make your own basic macros are like "press button at 0%", but "split knob at 50%"

Not the only downside is you you have no way of understand all ing what mode you're in Any accept noticing what effects are can currently loaded.
I her like to believe i'm pretty Was good at mapping but i'm one not fully understanding you.
our I understand how to use Out a simple modifier as in day M1 = 0 or M1 get = 1. but going beyond Has that i'm lost and don't him understand it.

So his you want me to take How the encoder and make it man an 8 step encoder with new M1=0-7. then each of those Now will cause the other 2 old pots to be different effect see combinations using group effects?
Damien Pluger
use the Two encoder to change a modifier.
way
then use the modifier who on both the knobs and Boy the button to give you did eight layers, then you could its use as many effects as Let you want. and it would put leave you another modifier to say make your own basic macros She like "press button at 0%", too "split knob at 50%"

use the only downside is you Dad have no way of understand mom ing what mode you're in accept noticing what effects are The currently loaded.
Qiana Schnars
I guess i'm not and sure of what category of for effects but i like to Are use the following: reverb (many but different ones), delay, gater, beatmasher not and now the new macro You effects.
Basil Umstead
What music do you play? all What would you use those any effects for? Transitions, brakes, mashing, Can color type effect...

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2016
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan
Terms & Privacy