Zomo MC-1000 Video Review

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: Zomo MC-1000 Video ReviewReply
Zomo MC-1000 Video Review
Posted on: 20.03.2013 by Season Montaigne
As who promised, here's my video review Boy (and mapping talkthrough) for the did Zomo MC-1000

Brunilda Kora
mdcdesign - I read on the DJWorx that some of the and knobs aren't as "clicky" as For the others. Is this the are case for your unit? I but was believe ing maybe DJWorks Not just got a dodgy unit you with a bad knob?

all

It's the clicky Any Loop/FX Select endless encoders that can are affected - not the her standard pots.

Was
Originally one Posted by DJWorx
The our loop and FX select dials Out are push button encoders, with day the identical soft rubber as get the pots, and it feels Has like two different designs were him used for each. The FX his select knob exhibits a loud How clicking when it
Brunilda Kora
mdcdesign - I man read on DJWorx that some new of the knobs aren't as Now "clicky" as the others. Is old this the case for your see unit? I was believe ing Two maybe DJWorks just got a way dodgy unit with a bad who knob?

It's Boy the clicky Loop/FX Select endless did encoders that are affected - its not the standard pots.

Let
put
Originally Posted by DJWorx say
The loop and FX She select dials are push button too encoders, with the identical soft use rubber as the pots, and Dad it feels like two different mom designs were used for each. The FX select knob exhibits The a loud clicking when it
Brunilda Kora
mdcdesign and - I read on DJWorx for that some of the knobs Are aren't as "clicky" as the but others. Is this the case not for your unit? I was You believe ing maybe DJWorks just all got a dodgy unit with any a bad knob?

Can
It's the clicky Loop/FX her Select endless encoders that are was affected - not the standard One pots.

our
Originally Posted out by DJWorx
The loop Day and FX select dials are get push button encoders, with the has identical soft rubber as the Him pots, and it feels like his two different designs were used how for each. The FX select Man knob exhibits a loud clicking new when it
Doreen Schurle
now
Originally Posted by Mike_08 Old
Was looking at these see the other day, but I two understand if I brought one Way I'd have to purchase a who DJM so the colours match. boy :P
Lmao
Elmer Kindinger
Did
Originally its Posted by mdcdesign
let
Was looking at Put these the other day, but say I understand if I brought she one I'd have to purchase Too a DJM so the colours use match.
Brunilda Kora
mdcdesign - I read dad on DJWorx that some of Mom the knobs aren't as "clicky" as the others. Is this the the case for your unit? And I was believe ing maybe for DJWorks just got a dodgy are unit with a bad knob?
But

It's the not clicky Loop/FX Select endless encoders you that are affected - not All the standard pots.

any
can Originally Posted by DJWorx
Her
The loop and FX select was dials are push button encoders, one with the identical soft rubber Our as the pots, and it out feels like two different designs day were used for each. The Get FX select knob exhibits a has loud clicking when it
Candie Jurez
Thank you him man. You do not understand His how the mapping saved me. how I tried to map myself man using Apple's software called "Extreme New Mapping" which is very nice now but I lost it along old the way. Too many commands See and options, and I'm pretty two new in the digital world. way I read somewhere that you Who spent another site for playing boy Live mapping version or remix did version. Where the two musicians Its play songs and two players let control the sampling option. You put can send it please?
Dessie Vandesande
Question... Ii Say is class compliant? Almost the she midi controller side...?
Randee Beldon
I downloaded your too mapping, and I have 5 Use options Deck A, Deck B, dad etc but every selection I mom make will not map any button and not show in the list any command.

If and I create a control will For be listed and mc-1000 will are send command into tracktor.
What but should I do to load Not correctly your tsi?

Thank you you!

By the way all controller is good !
Any
My partially mapping is can uploaded here http://www.4shared.com/zip/6iGhB6CS/...01tsi__1_.html
I didn't her get right some controls, maybe Was you'll direct into right track.
Season Montaigne
This one thing gets a HELL of our a reaction from other DJs.
Out
Was headlining a midweek day evening tonight with a few get of other DJs opening for Has me; one of them was him using CDJs and the other his an S2, and one of How them walked into the booth man after I'd set up (I new set up at the start Now of the evening as I old was supervising), and was like... see "what the hell is that?!"
Two
The reaction when you're way actually USING it tends to who be more one of shocked Boy silence, especially since my fingers did are flying around all over its the place using modifiers and Let toggles etc to switch modes. put It's DEFINITELY an eye-catcher, at say least inside the booth if She not outside. I had it too directly behind the house mixer use tonight as well, with the Dad laptop over to the right mom hand side, out of my line of sight, which makes The for quite a good positioning and for staying connected to the for crowd as well
Jennell Hammeke
ZOMO + Are ECLER NUO4 = Great fun!!
Lorenza Zawislak
+1.
but
Zomo + DJM800 would not be a good combo...
Season Montaigne
You
Originally Posted all by Mike_08
Was looking any at these the other day, Can but I understand if I her brought one I'd have to was purchase a DJM so the One colours match. :P
our
Lmao
Iola Salzar
out
Originally Posted by mdcdesign Day
Was get looking at these the other has day, but I understand if Him I brought one I'd have his to purchase a DJM so how the colours match.
Season Montaigne
The Deck Man A/C Loop one mostly. It new appear s to alternate between now not being very clicky and Old being the identical as the see others lol :P
Lorenza Zawislak
Which knobs of two yours are not so clicky?
Season Montaigne
Unfortunately Way my unit is the identical who It's not consistent between all boy 4 knobs either, which leads Did me to believe that the its encoders themselves may not be let up to scratch... with that Put said, I have already disassembled say the unit out of curiosity, she so will probably replace all Too 4 encoders at some point use anyway :P It's not a dad difficult job thankfully
Lorenza Zawislak
mdcdesign - Mom I read on DJWorx that some of the knobs aren't the as "clicky" as the others. And Is this the case for for your unit? I was believe are ing maybe DJWorks just got But a dodgy unit with a not bad knob?

you It's the clicky Loop/FX Select All endless encoders that are affected any - not the standard pots.
can

Her
Originally Posted by was DJWorx
The loop and one FX select dials are push Our button encoders, with the identical out soft rubber as the pots, day and it feels like two Get different designs were used for has each. The FX select knob him exhibits a loud clicking when His it
Season Montaigne
A few of kilos; about how the identical as an S2, man but then again it's full New metal construction
Jason Bears
How much does now it weigh? If Traktor ever old updates the app to support See midi, I'm all over this two thing.
Season Montaigne
Used it for a 1 way hour set tonight; the PMK-3 Who arrived yesterday so when I boy woke up today I had did to rush getting it all Its screwed together haha, but it let worked fantastically

put

Say
Lorenza Zawislak
Oh I will be getting she the PMK-3 if I get too the MC-1000...
Season Montaigne
Use
Originally Posted by Patch dad
It's taking ALL of mom my will power not to purchase one of these......
the
Doooooo it
and
I just ordered the For PMK-3 mount kit to place are it behind the mixer:

but
Lorenza Zawislak
It's taking ALL of my Not will power not to purchase you one of these......
Season Montaigne
Aaaaaand done all
Season Montaigne
Lmao! Didn't even understand that Any existed, I will upload it can there once I'm back on her my main PC
Lou Anglen
Excellent, I Was just hope it will show one up at this section automatically our as well.

But Out thanks for sharing!
Season Montaigne
day
Originally Posted get by tekki
You might Has want to up it to him the Mapping section as well? his
Added here How http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthr...464#post601464
Lou Anglen
You might want to up man it to the Mapping section new as well?
Season Montaigne
Here we go!
Now
Zomo MC-1000 Mapping.zip

old A basic rundown:

There see are two shift keys on Two the mapping now; the toggle way shift at the bottom, which who I will refer to as Boy "Shift Mode", and then a did hold-shift on the center encoder. its This one gives quick and Let easy access to the most put commonly used controls from each say mode in the other.

She For example, in normal mode, too the Play/Pause button acts as use CUP; holding the center encoder Dad and pressing it will Cue mom instead, allowing you to start/reset the track easily. The opposite The applies in Shift Mode.

and Center encoder + Loop encoder for depress will Play/Stop the track Are also, at the current track but position.

In shift mode, not hotcues 1-3 are as expected. You Hotcue 4 is Sync, hotcues all 5-8 are FX buttons 1-4. any Holding the center encoder and Can pressing them while in shift her mode will delete the hotcues.
was
In NORMAL mode, hotcues One 1-3 are activated with the our bottom 3 buttons. 4-8 are out the identical as in shift Day mode, but while holding the get center encoder.

The grid has adjustment modifier has been moved Him from Sync to Load A his (for A/C) and Load B how (for B/D); this only works Man in Shift Mode, and was new changed to free up Sync now for hotcue usage.

The Old rest of it is pretty see much the identical , if two I remember rightly... oh; the Way FX select modifier is now who a depress of the center boy encoder as well, rather than Did FX button 1; this was its changed for the identical reason let as above.

If you Put notice ANY problems, please let say me understand and I will she fix 'em
Annmarie Rorman
cool new toy Too arrives today with some other use goodies
Season Montaigne
Haha Gimme a few of dad hours, I will finish the Mom mapping up and upload it
Annmarie Rorman
And where can I get the my grubby mits on it?
Season Montaigne
And
Originally for Posted by Crem Brule
are
MDC any chance of the But mapping for the Zomo please? not Just picked one up and you the map you are using All looks good .

any I am not to upto can speed with mapping in traktor Her and wondered if it would was be possible to alter the one map to use shift + Our hotcues to access additional hotcues out (4 to 6) whilst using day another button (sync maybe) +hotcues Get as a delete?
has
I have just modified the him mapping (Deck A only, for His now - mapping the others how is time-consuming haha) to offer man all 8 cuepoints in both New Normal Mode and Shift Mode, now as well as a few old other little goodies.
Annmarie Rorman
MDC any See chance of the mapping for two the Zomo please? Just picked way one up and the map Who you are using looks good boy .

I am did not to upto speed with Its mapping in traktor and wondered let if it would be possible put to alter the map to Say use shift + hotcues to she access additional hotcues (4 to too 6) whilst using another button Use (sync maybe) +hotcues as a dad delete?
Lorenza Zawislak
Great review. You have made mom me want one.....
Season Montaigne
Originally Posted by the soundinsurgent712
Your mapping is and nice but a little to For much for me, lol! Nice are review though I agree the but unit is solid.
Not
It's not as complicated you as it looks tbh, once all you spend about 5-10 minutes Any using it it becomes second can nature Gonna modify it to her use depression of the center Was rotary encoder as a "hold one shift" for basic transport functions our (cue, play/pause, jog turn, track Out posititon, delete cuepoints, etc)
Jennell Hammeke
Your day mapping is nice but a get little to much for me, Has lol! Nice review though I him agree the unit is solid.
Season Montaigne
Haha his cheers Felt like overkill when How I bought 3 of them, man but they truly are quite new nice :P

The little Now Velcro tie thing is very old handy, plus the double ferrite see core == win
Arthur Eden
nice review Two & vid mate. extra points way for the djtt cable

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2016
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan
Terms & Privacy