Help!!! Bricked numark omni control after firmware update (not my fault!!!)

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: Help!!! Bricked numark omni control after firmware update (not my fault!!!)Reply
Help!!! Bricked numark omni control after firmware update (not my fault!!!)
Posted on: 04.12.2013 by Lizabeth Peight
So I got my old numark Omni out of the cupboard to gift to my 15 yr old God-daughter who has expressed an interest in Digital DJing and I wanted to give her the Omni to see if she takes to it, before the whole family splashes out on a bigger, better, more modern controller.

So i follow the firmware update to the letter (as it turns out have MANY others also), update failed, and now controller is bricked or firmwareless, and the update still does not work after some 50 tries. I spoke to Numark support and they basically said 'tough titty'. Junk it or spend 100-140 pounds getting the PCB replaced.

What is so galling is that scores of others have had this issue, there is obviously a problem here that Numark are taking no responsibility for, as they simply dont have to.

Is there any genius out there, who has a solution to this issue, or at least getting the PCB clean-wiped and active to a place where i can try installing again? (i was using MIDI-OX and C6 to try and update firmware.

It is only a piece of junk, but a lot of us are pretty angry at Numarks stance on this, so it woould be nice to have a solution we can throw back at them.

Any help greatly appreciated!!!!!
Jeannette Guck
Originally Posted by dillinger23
I've now solved this problem!!!!

MIDI-OX was the problem... tried a very old XP era program SENDSX, and it worked like a charm first time out!

enjoy!!

http://www.bome.com/products/sendsx
Im surprised how were you able to work that out. I tried using sendsx v 1.3 on my vista64 & then my XP, but the result is the same, the right select light continuously remains lit. This my sound foolish but can you please guide us with a step-by-step procedure how were you able to work this out. Im really stuck here. Will appreciate your help in this regard
Lizabeth Peight
So I got my old numark Omni out of the cupboard to gift to my 15 yr old God-daughter who has expressed an interest in Digital DJing and I wanted to give her the Omni to see if she takes to it, before the whole family splashes out on a bigger, better, more modern controller.

So i follow the firmware update to the letter (as it turns out have MANY others also), update failed, and now controller is bricked or firmwareless, and the update still does not work after some 50 tries. I spoke to Numark support and they basically said 'tough titty'. Junk it or spend 100-140 pounds getting the PCB replaced.

What is so galling is that scores of others have had this issue, there is obviously a problem here that Numark are taking no responsibility for, as they simply dont have to.

Is there any genius out there, who has a solution to this issue, or at least getting the PCB clean-wiped and active to a place where i can try installing again? (i was using MIDI-OX and C6 to try and update firmware.

It is only a piece of junk, but a lot of us are pretty angry at Numarks stance on this, so it woould be nice to have a solution we can throw back at them.

Any help greatly appreciated!!!!!
Jeannette Guck
Originally Posted by dillinger23

MIDI-OX was the problem... tried a very old XP era program SENDSX, and it worked like a charm first time out!

enjoy!!

Im surprised how were you able to work that out. I tried using sendsx v 1.3 on my vista64 & then my XP, but the result is the same, the right select light continuously remains lit. This my sound foolish but can you please guide us with a step-by-step procedure how were you able to work this out. Im really stuck here. Will appreciate your help in this regard
Lizabeth Peight

enjoy!!

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy