New DJ - controller for under $200?

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: New DJ - controller for under $200?Reply
New DJ - controller for under $200?
Posted on: 26.12.2013 by Cristie Yaw
Hey,

I'm trying to get myself into DJing- I got the MIDI Fighter 3D for production purposes, but I figured the DJing would be a good way for me to break out into a new world and will help me take a break from producing.

What would you guys recommend as a controller for under $200- ebay is fair game too in this bargaining process.

I was believeing of the S2 or S4- I would be willing to go over $200 if the price point saturates the value of what I'm getting.

Can you guys help me out?

TY
Angelika Passariello
I own a mixtrack pro 2. I've played some live gigs (local bars, birthday parties) and for me the soundcard was good enough. Sure, it's not loud, but it works. I had enough headroom to play around with the volume during a mix.
Kellie Myrum
a CMD Studio 4 A is worth checking out. The Mxtrack Pro 2 is slightly better build and feels nicer but man that sound card has one of the lowest volume output I've ever tested/heard.
Erinn Peregrina
check this link out;

http://www.digitaldjtips.com/dj-controllers-guide-2014/

I know they have a downloadable PDF version somewhere on the site. I used it when deciding on what to get last year. It gives Pro's / Con's and price info on most of the controllers available out there.

Hope it gives some help!!
Katie Ahmady
TC, how set are you on getting a controller with jog wheels? I ask because you mentioned two that do have jog wheels, but personally at that price point I'd prefer to use a Kontrol X1.
Kenda Raedel
Originally Posted by JudemanG
A Traktor Z1 is probably a good choice, as you get software and a controller. Plus it has a soundcard!
That would be my choice. Try to find one with a soundcard already. There is only so much you can do with a laptop's internal SC. Plus, you'll end up buying one later anyway. Then you'll have to Plug in an extra box. But there are plenty without a audio interface, if you have an audio interface already.
Shira Narwold
A Traktor Z1 is probably a good choice, as you get software and a controller. Plus it has a soundcard!
Cristie Yaw
Hey,

I'm trying to get myself into DJing- I got the MIDI Fighter 3D for production purposes, but I figured the DJing would be a good way for me to break out into a new world and will help me take a break from producing.

What would you guys recommend as a controller for under $200- ebay is fair game too in this bargaining process.

I was believeing of the S2 or S4- I would be willing to go over $200 if the price point saturates the value of what I'm getting.

Can you guys help me out?

TY
Yong Aptekar
Kooper has it right. Look around online, read reviews, and come back to us with some choices. You put in some work, and we will fill in the blanks for you. As for sub-$200 controllers, you aren't going to get much.
Bettyann Argenzio
Welcome, there are plenty of opportunities up here.
Kristofer Krauel
There are an abundance of threads in this community that give various responses to this question. Do a search and see what you find.

I'd also suggest a better route to take would be to research some controllers yourself and then come back with a few options and ask for opinions on those limited options.

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy