The APC40 All in One

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: The APC40 All in OneReply
The APC40 All in One
Posted on: 26.01.2012 by Rolanda Clodfelder
SO ... decided to get this up and about somewhere or else i'll get lazy and never get off my ass to finish it :P ..

The bits and bobs I have, and a final mockup below on what i want it to look like .. thoughts, ideas ?

I saw the wooded edges on a unit Elsewhere and it really does look super class!

The Power adaptor is from an EEE that's gone to the big computer recycling plant in the sky, its 12v 3A so should be able to provide me with power to the hub as well (not that i've ever needed it.. but anyhow), sound card I've mentioned in another thread is an Encore and the USB hub I've just had for years and its the only one i've had that has consistently been freaking amazing compared to belkins etc ..

I'm planning on using the footswitch inputs as an additional set of audio outs.

Rolanda Clodfelder
Originally Posted by sarasin
WICKED!

Stoked that you finished it!

Finished ? hardly - working, sure
Rolanda Clodfelder
Images are showing up ok for me - weird

Anyhoo attached for your viewing pleasure (or pain)IMG_0682.jpgIMG_0683.jpgIMG_0685.jpgIMG_0687.jpgIMG_0690.jpgIMG_0691.jpg
Rolanda Clodfelder
SO ... decided to get this up and about somewhere or else i'll get lazy and never get off my ass to finish it :P ..

The bits and bobs I have, and a final mockup below on what i want it to look like .. thoughts, ideas ?

I saw the wooded edges on a unit Elsewhere and it really does look super class!

The Power adaptor is from an EEE that's gone to the big computer recycling plant in the sky, its 12v 3A so should be able to provide me with power to the hub as well (not that i've ever needed it.. but anyhow), sound card I've mentioned in another thread is an Encore and the USB hub I've just had for years and its the only one i've had that has consistently been freaking amazing compared to belkins etc ..

I'm planning on using the footswitch inputs as an additional set of audio outs.

April Burnap
Very sexy, sir! Any chance of a performance demo/video?
Rolanda Clodfelder
Originally Posted by sarasin
WICKED!

Finished ? hardly - working, sure
Era Roka
cool bro, really awesome project!
Lilliana Perris
WICKED!

Rolanda Clodfelder
It Lives !

Tested and working

Wiring is a bit of a mess and there's a little too much is hot glued in place right now (didn't want to epoxy just yet) - but have a small gig at the weekend though so hopefully it works without a hitch after that i'll rework the cabling a bit. i'll prob add a headphone mini jack at the front and change the existing headphone jack to another output (or input) and get a USB extension plate to allow extra USB devices be hooked up directly to the hub.

Was a little worried about additional noise from the sound card - but signal seems clean surprisingly.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7306/1...d96689b8_z.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7389/1...369523c1_z.jpg
Era Roka
maybe it's caused by my location but thanks for re-posting them, looks great and can't wait to see more.
Rolanda Clodfelder
Images are showing up ok for me - weird

Anyhoo attached for your viewing pleasure (or pain)IMG_0682.jpgIMG_0683.jpgIMG_0685.jpgIMG_0687.jpgIMG_0690.jpgIMG_0691.jpg
Era Roka
The images are unavalable
Rolanda Clodfelder
Jeeze been a while since I posted this ... got back into gear and got the soldering iron out and everything works!

Next step cut some holes and install into the APC :-O

Soundcard

Asus EEE 2amp PSU to power both the hub and APC

Everything stuck together

Very Fancy USB Car Charger as voltage regulator for the USB hub 5v power supply - expensive @ $2

Angry Birds Hub that i picked up for a dollar stripped down and re-cabled - yes it works and better than some more expensive hub's I tried with multiple devices - no dropouts or issues even reading multiple flash drives at the same time.
Era Roka
stylish!
Rolanda Clodfelder
Been a while since I posted an update - got these delivered to me today after a longggggggg wait

The wooden wings look great but the size is a lil fucked up (too small) so they'll need to re-do them (damn!) the wood is Acacia which looks awesome when its polished up.

I've decided to use a 12-5v car cigarette lighter adaptor instead of the voltage regulator BTW seeing as I'd need a bloody big heatsink so It wouldn't burn out.

Rolanda Clodfelder
Just got a nice package - now just waiting for the jack plugs I ordered from china.

I decided to utilize the rest of the outputs as well, and mount them on the wooden sides.

I'm on the fence whether to use Mono Jacks for all outputs / Inputs or a Combo of both RCA and TRS, i'm not going to screw with the footswitch jacks - you never know when they might come in handy, right

10 of these on their way + 2 stereo versions.

Multimeter purchase needed tomorrow to test the Voltage regulator circuit does its job.

Oh and need someone to cut the wood for the sides :P
Lilliana Perris
Will like to see this one finished!

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy