Korg Volca

Korg Volca
Posted on: 28.12.2013 by Bethann Olortegui
Hardware question, not sure if this is in the right community as it covers a few areas but
Bethann Olortegui
Hardware question, not sure if this is in the right community as it covers a few areas but
Bethann Olortegui
Bethann Olortegui
Bethann Olortegui
Bethann Olortegui
Bethann Olortegui
Bethann Olortegui
Bethann Olortegui
Bethann Olortegui
Bethann Olortegui
Ming Devis
Originally Posted by tcmuc
since he said he's using vinyl, that option might just not be the ebst one for him...
true!!
Bethann Olortegui
Bethann Olortegui
Ah ok, so by using the TAP button I can keep the synth in time, adjusting the slight differences either with tempo adjust or vinyl beatmatching.

Thanks for all your input, I am now the wiser.
Jon Raffi
I love mixers with midi sync. They always churn out better music. I am believeing getting a good one. Maybe you guys can suggest some models. I'd really appreciate that.
Ming Devis
Originally Posted by tcmuc
since he said he's using vinyl, that option might just not be the ebst one for him...
true!!
Nikole Resende
Since he said he's using vinyl, that option might just not be the ebst one for him...
Ming Devis
If you are using Traktor or Ableton it might be an option to send midi out from a sound card if you have one with midi out.
Nikole Resende
The outputs are 1/8” stereo mini jacks, so you should be fine with a mini jack to RCA cable.

Regarding your other question:

Also, can I send any MIDI data from the Xone that will keep the synth in beat or would I need to match the tempo manually?
As botstein explained, you can use the midi out of the xone to send a midi clock to the volca to keep it synced to the clock.

But there is no way to automatically generate a midi clock out of the audio signal, so you'll have to tap in the tempo and then fine tune it with the "Tempo Adj" knob, which basically means you'll still have to adjust the tempo manually.
Bethann Olortegui
Cool, so MIDI out from the Xone into the Volca. Thanks.

Anyone know about audio outs?
Ervin Calvery
They have MIDI sync. You can get adapters to wire it into your mixer.

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy