Show Your Setup Forum Feedback

Home :: Q & A :: Show Your Setup Forum FeedbackReply
Show Your Setup Forum Feedback
Posted on: 07.03.2012 by Shantae Faile
Just a suggestion....

Please if its possible, remove any date/time restrictions on editing our posts. Some of us made timelines and would like to include the most up to date pics in the first page.

Thanks!
Precious Dawson
Originally Posted by scamo
Hi John,

Yes, I understand. But why recreate the wheel?

scamo
Because we can create a better wheel.
Romelia Stankard
Originally Posted by Louie_V
Just a suggestion....

Please if its possible, remove any date/time restrictions on editing our posts. Some of us made timelines and would like to include the most up to date pics in the first page.

Thanks!
1000 times this

Might as well just remove it for the entire community , not really sure why we need a limit in the first place?
Shantae Faile
Just a suggestion....

Thanks!
Chasidy Heckenbach
so long as the same username/password can be used on all areas of the site while only ever having to register once then it sounds good to me. the community "users page" is ofc very community centric so i can see that having something better isn't a bad idea. hooking into the community for user login auth still seems like the safest bet tho. "easiest" bet anyway since you can plug into that system quite easily.
Precious Dawson
Originally Posted by scamo
Hi John,

scamo
Because we can create a better wheel.
Rey Holubar
Hi John,

scamo
Precious Dawson
Hi scamo,

Very good ideas, you almost read my mind! We are trying to centralize the user profile data into one location and have a single sign-on for all parts of the site. Then features that are based on a particular user, like blog, show your setup, gigs etc will be based around a users DJTT profile. But, we are not going to use the community for that, we are going to add features like we did with the midimaps site to create a separate section of the DJTT network that is dedicated, but highly linked to other parts of the site. Think of it as the central stream where all information about what's going on in DJTT that is relavant to the user is displayed.

I hope that makes sense.

- John.
Rey Holubar
Hey John,

I'll throw this suggestion into this thread and maybe we can see what the users believe about the idea.

The vBulletin Suite has a built in "User Blog" add-on, which allows the users to become blog authors themselves. In this area, they could write about their set-ups, gigs and any other DJ (or life changing) experiences they may have had. This area also lets them edit their posts to their heart's desire and it is even more of a showcase type of environment for them to show their kit, their DJ prowess, basically to show their love and devotion for the digital DJ/Producer hobby/ job/ industry.

It does however, mean some more "policing" by the mods would be necessary. But, I believe with the right attitudes and rules for use set in the community and in the users' minds, it could be quite a nice addition to DJTT's already great site.

What do you all believe of the idea?

scamo
Precious Dawson
After a fairly lengthy discussion with the mods we have lifted the time limit for editing posts. If we find this causes a problem with spam or moderation then we will put it back.
Precious Dawson
I will discuss with the mods why there is this limit in the first place. If there isn't a valid reason then we can remove it.
Shantae Faile
any word on this?
Romelia Stankard
Originally Posted by Louie_V
Just a suggestion....

Thanks!
1000 times this

Might as well just remove it for the entire community , not really sure why we need a limit in the first place?

<< Back to Q & AReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy