Buy / Sell / Trade feedback and rules proposal to not allow people to derail sales...

Home :: Q & A :: Buy / Sell / Trade feedback and rules proposal to not allow people to derail sales...Reply
Buy / Sell / Trade feedback and rules proposal to not allow people to derail sales...
Posted on: 29.05.2012 by Romelia Stankard
I don't want to seem like this is just me complaining but it has happened several times to me before and i notice it quite a bit.

I see a trend in B/S/T of people coming into threads with no intention of buying and complaining about prices or purposely derailing threads and turning it into a discussion about what they believe is fair or not or telling people to go elsewhere. Most community s have clearly defined rules where it is not allowed to complain about prices and usually offers are often allowed to be made by PM only to stop lowballers.

It might not hurt to have some defined rules in place to keep this stuff in check and make it more of a classified listing instead of just letting people come in and muck everything up (which often has the motive of the person coming into the thread trying to sell their own items or to detract from another seller when they have their own thread up).

they should function more like classified threads and less like open discussions about the seller or products at hand.

re: http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=52785
Romelia Stankard
Originally Posted by photojojo
The kind of person that will do that is not the kind of person to check the posted rules to make sure it's okay to do that. Please report any such posts you see like that.

EDIT: I'm not saying we don't need, just that it probably won't discourage the idiots from doing it.
True. Established rules might help so people can point to them and there is a standard that it isn't acceptable. I see a few other posts with it happening now.

If someone wants to list a midifighter for $700 they should be able to without people whining about it.

http://community .djranking s.com/showthr...l=1#post484548
Romelia Stankard
I don't want to seem like this is just me complaining but it has happened several times to me before and i notice it quite a bit.

I see a trend in B/S/T of people coming into threads with no intention of buying and complaining about prices or purposely derailing threads and turning it into a discussion about what they believe is fair or not or telling people to go elsewhere. Most community s have clearly defined rules where it is not allowed to complain about prices and usually offers are often allowed to be made by PM only to stop lowballers.

It might not hurt to have some defined rules in place to keep this stuff in check and make it more of a classified listing instead of just letting people come in and muck everything up (which often has the motive of the person coming into the thread trying to sell their own items or to detract from another seller when they have their own thread up).

they should function more like classified threads and less like open discussions about the seller or products at hand.

re: http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=52785
Tiara Bastarache
+1 No one has the right to jump into a thread to bitch about the price. If you want to know why the price is high or any anything else just PM the seller.

I've had this happen to me a couple of times. The gentlemen who seemed to be trolling me was originally interested in a pair of Tech's I had for sale. He never came through on the sale and I ended up selling the Tech's to someone else. Fast forward 3 months and I'm selling a mixer. He decided to bitch about the price and after the crying no one seemed to be interested in the mixer on these community s. I ended up posting on another community and sold them there.
Claude Koveleski
+1 It's freakin a pain in the ass to wade through some guys whining to find to info for the items on sale.
Romelia Stankard
Originally Posted by photojojo
The kind of person that will do that is not the kind of person to check the posted rules to make sure it's okay to do that. Please report any such posts you see like that.

EDIT: I'm not saying we don't need, just that it probably won't discourage the idiots from doing it.
True. Established rules might help so people can point to them and there is a standard that it isn't acceptable. I see a few other posts with it happening now.

If someone wants to list a midifighter for $700 they should be able to without people whining about it.

http://community .djranking s.com/showthr...l=1#post484548
Leeanna Ayla

Julianna Riecken
+1
Linda Chavda
This man speaks the truth!
Brunilda Kora
Eye.
Albertina Fay
Ira Alsadi
All in favor.....

"I"
robin loo

<< Back to Q & AReply