The constant stream of spammers- maybe add a captcha for registration?

Home :: Q & A :: The constant stream of spammers- maybe add a captcha for registration?Reply
The constant stream of spammers- maybe add a captcha for registration?
Posted on: 12.07.2012 by Romelia Stankard
I feel like I report at least 1-2 a day that look like bots that just copy and paste bits from a thread and add those .gif links. I just checked and there is no captchas or anything to prove you are human to register- seems simple enough to add right?
Joselyn Supina
Originally Posted by ksandvik
I've seen actually community s where to enter it, let's say a classic vinyl community , you have to answer a question such as What Beatles LP has Paperback Writer? It's a trick question as it was released on a single between Rubber Soul and Revolver so the answer check requires moderation but I was impressed by such a qualifier.
Insanity!
Celine Surico
Originally Posted by Jester.NZ
You are assuming that most tech tools members can count past 3 lol
Yep. Or if nothing else, type this word backwards: cat. That's what I did over at the Proton community s. I've seen actually community s where to enter it, let's say a classic vinyl community , you have to answer a question such as What Beatles LP has Paperback Writer? It's a trick question as it was released on a single between Rubber Soul and Revolver so the answer check requires moderation but I was impressed by such a qualifier.
Romelia Stankard
I feel like I report at least 1-2 a day that look like bots that just copy and paste bits from a thread and add those .gif links. I just checked and there is no captchas or anything to prove you are human to register- seems simple enough to add right?
Latoria Kavulich
Well as mentioned, things are happening in the batcave regarding this. most of the mods will respond to several spam reports a day, a lot of the bots the members wont see as their posts remain moderated so we can pick them off easily. It does get frustrating though.
Joselyn Supina
Originally Posted by ksandvik
I've seen actually community s where to enter it, let's say a classic vinyl community , you have to answer a question such as What Beatles LP has Paperback Writer? It's a trick question as it was released on a single between Rubber Soul and Revolver so the answer check requires moderation but I was impressed by such a qualifier.
Insanity!
Celine Surico
Originally Posted by Jester.NZ
Yep. Or if nothing else, type this word backwards: cat. That's what I did over at the Proton community s. I've seen actually community s where to enter it, let's say a classic vinyl community , you have to answer a question such as What Beatles LP has Paperback Writer? It's a trick question as it was released on a single between Rubber Soul and Revolver so the answer check requires moderation but I was impressed by such a qualifier.
Latoria Kavulich
Celine Surico
There's plenty of captcha libaries to break existing captcha systems.

Instead, do what I did over at the proton community long time ago when we were flooded with spammers. I just added a simple additional question as part of registration such as: What is 2 + 2. That stopped the auto-registration. Won't stop hired guns as spammers, active moderation is the only way to get rid of those.
Latoria Kavulich
Ironically the previous two posts were spam. Luckily, jojo and myself double tapped them
Bunny Sockel
Keeeeeeeep deeeemmmmm awwwwwaaaaayyyyyyy keeeeeep deeeemmmmm spammers awwwwwaaaayyyyyyy
Latoria Kavulich
Update: This issue is under discussion in the batcave. Most likely we will be adding a captcha type registration system.
Latoria Kavulich
+1. Then i could sleep more
robin loo
+1

i too report 1-2 each day.. i believe compared to other community s it's ok, but a captcha at the registration would be quite simple to implement..

<< Back to Q & AReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy