Quality information diluted

Home :: Q & A :: Quality information dilutedReply
Quality information diluted
Posted on: 04.02.2013 by Evia Nitch
This week I was struck with a number of people moving away from here because there are so many threads that does not interest them.

I feel a bit the same.

I'm not going to move away, but post a suggestion.

I REALLY believe there should be a "setup help" subcommunity .

Take for instance the controllers, mods and gear revieuw subcommunity . It has a LOT of interesting info on it, but it's diluted by a tenfold of "help me getting started" or "what should I buy" and "I can draw a controller in MS paint, please help me buildig it"

I've been on many community s, and for a field as diverse as we're covering here, I feel that a few more splits in subcommunity s will greatly benefit the readability...

Suggestion for the case above:

-Gear reviews
-Mods and DIY
-Get buying advice
-Tech Set up techniques and questions
Evia Nitch
This week I was struck with a number of people moving away from here because there are so many threads that does not interest them.

I feel a bit the same.

I'm not going to move away, but post a suggestion.

I REALLY believe there should be a "setup help" subcommunity .

Take for instance the controllers, mods and gear revieuw subcommunity . It has a LOT of interesting info on it, but it's diluted by a tenfold of "help me getting started" or "what should I buy" and "I can draw a controller in MS paint, please help me buildig it"

I've been on many community s, and for a field as diverse as we're covering here, I feel that a few more splits in subcommunity s will greatly benefit the readability...

Suggestion for the case above:

-Gear reviews
-Mods and DIY
-Get buying advice
-Tech Set up techniques and questions
Random X
This basically is why the current community structure is setup as it is.

General discussion for the 'lighter questions', the specific community s for in depth.

What can be concluded from the threads is, that basically most of the information asked has already been digested many times, it's usually that a newer community member wants a quick answer.
Not a bad thing, but a little bit more patience before posting is encouraged.
Look at the 'what headphone do I need' community s which are sometimes opened within 10 minutes of the previous.

The "get buying advice" community could even be a part of the existing threads, i.e. General Discussion.
One of the few things we expect our users to do, is offer some kind of back story, or show some directions what they're shooting for.

Topics simply stating "what should I get?" and no more relevant information will be closed upon discovery.
Evia Nitch
Ok, I'll leave it to rest then. My experience is that it won't be a thread graveyard. There are many people who like to help new guys, but also many who come here for expret advice and like their info distilled.
Nedra Fresneda
We already discussed this a while ago (can't recall the thread name), the main problem with your suggestion is most people will ignore the "noob" subcommunity and it will become basically a thread graveyard.

I agree with you that that kind of thread has become more frequent but I don't believe further fragmenting the community s is the answer.

<< Back to Q & AReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy