Feedback & Suggestions

Home :: Q & A :: Feedback & SuggestionsReply
Feedback & Suggestions
Posted on: 18.08.2013 by Latoria Kavulich
Please post any general feedback or suggestions you may have regarding the site, mapping site etc in here.
All other queries or specific issues go in the main thread.

Cheers, J
Latoria Kavulich
Please post any general feedback or suggestions you may have regarding the site, mapping site etc in here.
All other queries or specific issues go in the main thread.

Cheers, J
Latoria Kavulich
A [Routine] prefix is a good idea.
However, until this is added, all mixes and routines under 30 minutes must go in the appropriate thread, if not they will be either moved or deleted at the mods discretion.
Nelida Ghouse
Recently I posted up a 12 minute routine video in the "mixes and production" section and it was removed because of the 30 minute length rule. I totally understand that the rule is there for a reason and you have to stick to it, but I feel like it could be amended slightly for cases like this.

Firstly, it's mixes and production, but a turntablist routine (or routines in general) isn't exactly a mix or a production. I'm guessing that the spirit of the 30 minute mix length rule is that you don't want the community flooded with people putting up mini mixes they spent an hour on and taking focus away from more substantial mixes/productions. I don't believe a scratch routine or controllerism routine are really against the spirit of the 30 minute mix rule since the idea is that MIXES have to be over 30 minutes, rather than performances in general... like a 30 minute video of someone drumming on a midifighter or a 30 minute DMC routine seems a bit overkill.

Secondly, I believe that while 30 minutes makes sense for audio, it's a bit ambitious for videos in general. Although a major part of the site is about mixing/mixes, there has been content about video production and making routine videos and stuff too.

So, my suggestion is that perhaps a distinct section for member videos could be a good idea, or at the very least a "Routine" tag in the mixes and productions section to distinguish a routine from a mix, so that it isn't required to be 30+ minutes long.

<< Back to Q & AReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy