Venue for gig tomorrow night CLOSED...

Venue for gig tomorrow night CLOSED...
Posted on: 15.06.2013 by Nana Mohs
So, I got a phone call this evening from the promoter of a gig that I had tomorrow evening to let me know that the venue closed down for good today. Ya, today... who need warning?

At first I was bummed, to say the least (my mom is in town, and was finally going to see me DJ).
Buuuuuut, after being bummed for a short while, I went out to see a friend DJ and talked to her about some sort of backup plan. Turns out, I'm not half bad at this last minute make a party happen situation.

Sure, I won't get paid for the backup party, but playing for my mom was way more important for me than a little cash money. Also, now it can be an all ages event, so I can play for some of my younger friends too!

What is with this town and venues? We cant' keep a good club open here to save our evening lifes.

Anyone else have a last minute gig cancellation horror story turned party rescue story?
Joesph Kasian
Originally Posted by muffintop
So, I got a phone call this evening from the promoter of a gig that I had tomorrow evening to let me know that the venue closed down for good today. Ya, today... who need warning?

At first I was bummed, to say the least (my mom is in town, and was finally going to see me DJ).
Buuuuuut, after being bummed for a short while, I went out to see a friend DJ and talked to her about some sort of backup plan. Turns out, I'm not half bad at this last minute make a party happen situation.

Sure, I won't get paid for the backup party, but playing for my mom was way more important for me than a little cash money. Also, now it can be an all ages event, so I can play for some of my younger friends too!

What is with this town and venues? We cant' keep a good club open here to save our evening lifes.

Anyone else have a last minute gig cancellation horror story turned party rescue story?
I like this story man, it's really positive...so I really hope the new show goes well and your mum enjoys it!

I haven't got any similar stories, if a show gets cancelled last minute we usually keep the fee as would have missed out on other bookings. Business is business.
Nana Mohs

Dannie Dimora
Been planning a evening with the patron at the loungebar we reside at, guy tells us that he already has a dj about 4 hours prior to the starting hour.
Went in there for a couple drinks that evening , the "DJ" was sitting at a table launching clips with his mouse from ableton, and sometimes adding youtube videos.
I congratulated the patron on the choice of dj, smiled sarcastically, and went out with my friends
Nana Mohs
Turns out, this isn't all bad. Sure we lost a sleazy venue, but now people won't stop asking if I want to throw parties at their house. Looks like the next few weekends are gonna be pretty damn fun in Santa Fe!
Joesph Kasian
Originally Posted by muffintop

I like this story man, it's really positive...so I really hope the new show goes well and your mum enjoys it!

I haven't got any similar stories, if a show gets cancelled last minute we usually keep the fee as would have missed out on other bookings. Business is business.

<< Back to Free word - say whatever you like which does not fit under the other topics.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy