Your first time in a club

Your first time in a club
Posted on: 10.07.2013 by Maranda Cowels
So, when was the first time you got into a club? Where? What kind of music? How was the whole experience?

For me, it was in Estonia, Talinn, whilst on the cooldown bit of a school trip (I live in France atm). It was about 3 months after my 18th, and about 6 months since I started DJing. Before DJing I'd shunned the whole clubbing culture of my fellow classmates, mainly due to the fact that I told my my metal loving "friend" that I couldn't like any other music other than metal (see Steel Panther's "Death to all but metal").
Mainly thanks to my loving parents, house music was my poison of choice when I got into DJing, and I was dying to go to a club and have a real experience. Thanks to my blossoming social circle, I'd never been invited out. Anywho, back to Estonia.

Youth Hostel. Midevening . Is that a bar next door? They have loud music. That's Daft Punk! Stay up all evening (everyone else in the room is asleep) listening to music leaking in through the walls. Wave at people on the terrace through my window. Get pumped. Decide that tomorrow, the 5 of us are going. We'll have to avoid teachers though....

Tomorrow comes. Midevening . The club is open. Go to the door. Get in. Bouncer and receptionist. I ask "Umm, how much is it to get in?". "5 euros each" is the reply. Friends start umm'ing and ahh'ing about the price. I reach into wallet and fork over 25 euros without any hesitation. Get inside. Where's the dancefloor? Walk along. Stairs! Go up the stairs. Music is getting louder. OHGODITSFINALLYHAPPENING!

We get there, and it's great. Dark, with just a few lights. The bar is a lit up, and looks incredible. In the middle of the floor are some soft cubes surrounding a vase of roses. We all get drinks (Iced water please, barkeep!). The music is good, my kind of sound: Tribal beats and electro house.

To cut a long story short we (most of us) stay 'til 4am, and I end up dancing like a funky octopus for most of the evening . It was a really amazing, and cemented my dedication to wanting to become a "real" DJ, and my love of clubbing.

For those interested, the club was Casablanca. And I believe the evening was Karamel electro house and techno.

Anyway, over to you guys.

Sorry for the text wall.
Matt Kane
my first time was around 1998. i was 14 and one of my older sisters took me to a techno party (still thankful for having such a cool sister). i can remember everything from that evening because it was so special and new and overwhelming. but also disturbing for a young lad like me. the line-up at this certain party was pretty wicked as well. v
Matt Kane
my first time was around 1998. i was 14 and one of my older sisters took me to a techno party (still thankful for having such a cool sister). i can remember everything from that evening because it was so special and new and overwhelming. but also disturbing for a young lad like me. the line-up at this certain party was pretty wicked as well. v
Matt Kane
Matt Kane
Matt Kane
Matt Kane
Matt Kane
Matt Kane
Matt Kane
Maranda Cowels
Originally Posted by Era 7
i was 17 and pretty drunk. that's about it.
Originally Posted by Kwal
x2
Originally Posted by The Mighty FV
This is a wicked post man, thanks for sharing.

Unfortunately mine is like the others above me - drunk with friends, didn't really believe about it too much as it was something they did every week.
I had a feeling there would be a few of these. Still, a good evening is a good evening , right?

Originally Posted by sarasin
LOL....I went to my first outdoor (underground) party when I was 15.

Being a tall lad....i did not get bounced.

The rest is not appropriate for this community .
Originally Posted by Sushi
Sneaking into Motion in Philly to see AK1200 when I was 17. Really wish that place was still open.
Sneakiness is always, always, great. It makes you feel slightly more alive, and like you've earned your evening .

Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50
First time I TRIED to go into the club was my 18th birthday... but then all the clubs were 21+ that evening

I believe I went to Avicii before I actually got into a club lol. Had an awesome time, so much fun.
Aw, damn. I presume you're in the states.

Originally Posted by johney
Hmmmm i believe a few months after i was 16,
Dubstep/dnb/breakcore party, i still have the flyer. It was awesome, even if i spent most of the evening awkwardly shuffling my feet in the back of the crowd lol
Went to few mainstream/student type of clubs after that, but that really wasn't my cup of tea and after some time i stopped going to those places overall. I'm rather picky about going 2 da clubz now, and i like it.
I wish I'd kept my flyer.
I have a feeling I'll turn into a bit of an elitist clubber in later life.... Not a bad thing.
Matt Kane
Tera Baragan

My first time consists of being 15 aswell haha.

My first time also was in an incredibly magical place, definitely not a club. Basically the epicentre of our local scene. Video anyone?

Too many things that cant be talked about on these here community s tho.
Joesph Kasian
Originally Posted by malyatrax
So, when was the first time you got into a club? Where? What kind of music? How was the whole experience?

For me, it was in Estonia, Talinn, whilst on the cooldown bit of a school trip (I live in France atm). It was about 3 months after my 18th, and about 6 months since I started DJing. Before DJing I'd shunned the whole clubbing culture of my fellow classmates, mainly due to the fact that I told my my metal loving "friend" that I couldn't like any other music other than metal (see Steel Panther's "Death to all but metal").
Mainly thanks to my loving parents, house music was my poison of choice when I got into DJing, and I was dying to go to a club and have a real experience. Thanks to my blossoming social circle, I'd never been invited out. Anywho, back to Estonia.

Youth Hostel. Midevening . Is that a bar next door? They have loud music. That's Daft Punk! Stay up all evening (everyone else in the room is asleep) listening to music leaking in through the walls. Wave at people on the terrace through my window. Get pumped. Decide that tomorrow, the 5 of us are going. We'll have to avoid teachers though....

Tomorrow comes. Midevening . The club is open. Go to the door. Get in. Bouncer and receptionist. I ask "Umm, how much is it to get in?". "5 euros each" is the reply. Friends start umm'ing and ahh'ing about the price. I reach into wallet and fork over 25 euros without any hesitation. Get inside. Where's the dancefloor? Walk along. Stairs! Go up the stairs. Music is getting louder. OHGODITSFINALLYHAPPENING!

We get there, and it's great. Dark, with just a few lights. The bar is a lit up, and looks incredible. In the middle of the floor are some soft cubes surrounding a vase of roses. We all get drinks (Iced water please, barkeep!). The music is good, my kind of sound: Tribal beats and electro house.

To cut a long story short we (most of us) stay 'til 4am, and I end up dancing like a funky octopus for most of the evening . It was a really amazing, and cemented my dedication to wanting to become a "real" DJ, and my love of clubbing.

For those interested, the club was Casablanca. And I believe the evening was Karamel electro house and techno.

Sorry for the text wall.

Unfortunately mine is like the others above me - drunk with friends, didn't really believe about it too much as it was something they did every week.
Hellen Mindrup
x2
Maranda Cowels

Sorry for the text wall.
Janyce Henningson
Yeah I was 15 too - it was just a local pissheads club where everybody seemed to want to fight all the time.
Took about 6 months for me to discover the new 'rave' clubs that had popped up (1989).
Erich Vallabhaneni
on my 21st about three years ago I saw Wick-It, DJ Kidsmeal, and PANTyRAID at a small club in Nashville. Been loving it ever since
Celestine Porebski
Does "I don't remember exactly" count? I was probably 16, definitely drunk and it must have been some kind of hiphop event. But that's as far as my memory goes. But not that much later followed my first steps in the direction of dance music, namely, DnB parties. I guess I must have been 17 or maybe 18 when I started going to those. And then ,also techno and house weren't that far off anymore, I believe I was 19 when I started going to 4-to-the-floor based parties (minimal and micro-house were quite big then: Taka, Taka; Alcachofa; etc., you get the picture).
Maranda Cowels
Originally Posted by Kwal
x2
Originally Posted by The Mighty FV

I had a feeling there would be a few of these. Still, a good evening is a good evening , right?

Originally Posted by Sushi
Sneaking into Motion in Philly to see AK1200 when I was 17. Really wish that place was still open.
Sneakiness is always, always, great. It makes you feel slightly more alive, and like you've earned your evening .

Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50
First time I TRIED to go into the club was my 18th birthday... but then all the clubs were 21+ that evening

I believe I went to Avicii before I actually got into a club lol. Had an awesome time, so much fun.
Aw, damn. I presume you're in the states.

Originally Posted by johney
Dubstep/dnb/breakcore party, i still have the flyer. It was awesome, even if i spent most of the evening awkwardly shuffling my feet in the back of the crowd lol
Went to few mainstream/student type of clubs after that, but that really wasn't my cup of tea and after some time i stopped going to those places overall. I'm rather picky about going 2 da clubz now, and i like it.
I wish I'd kept my flyer.
I have a feeling I'll turn into a bit of an elitist clubber in later life.... Not a bad thing.
Matt Kane
Tera Baragan

My first time consists of being 15 aswell haha.

My first time also was in an incredibly magical place, definitely not a club. Basically the epicentre of our local scene. Video anyone?

Too many things that cant be talked about on these here community s tho.
Elroy Sillman
Richmond, VA at the Canal Club. Got to see Cyberoptics and he absolutely murrdered it. Now, almost 3 years later i don't believe i could go see a Dubstep show anymore due to how mainstream it has gotten. Tiny Venues > Festivals any day, i feel like the tiny venues are way better just because you can get way closer and personal with the DJs there, rather than just be another face in the crowd.

oh and i was 17.
Aleta Afman
Augustine Mitzen
Lilliana Perris

Gaynell Rydberg

Joesph Kasian
Originally Posted by malyatrax

Sorry for the text wall.

Hellen Mindrup
x2
Tesha Freudenstein
Dia Laryea
It was in March 2013, I got to see Dillon Francis at a club in downtown D.C.

The whole floor was shaking from the bass, and I got pretty lucky too I believe, some hot girl was grinding up on me.

I was hooked up on this whole club feeling, so next month I went to see Kill The Noise and 12th Planet. KOAN Sound came around two months later, but I don't really listen to their music so I skipped it.

<< Back to Free word - say whatever you like which does not fit under the other topics.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy