Oh how times have changed

Oh how times have changed
Posted on: 13.07.2013 by Dia Laryea

The book I'm reading is from 2002. A brand new 1200 now is at least $1000, and second hand costs at least $500 if it's pretty beaten.
Dia Laryea
Originally Posted by makar1
Are beaten 1200s really $500 over there? Mk2s in decent condition without all the extras (box/lid/cart) are about
Alphonso Deitchman
Are beaten 1200s really $500 over there? Mk2s in decent condition without all the extras (box/lid/cart) are about
Werner Bile
The official reason:
Panasonic reactive statement - Production of analogue turntables has ceased

Panasonic has confirmed that it ceased the production of its Technics-branded analogue turntables this autumn.

After more than 35 years as a leading manufacturer of analogue turntables, Panasonic has regretfully taken the decision to leave this market. However, Panasonic will continue to sell headphones under the Technics brand.

We are sure that retailers and consumers will understand that our product range has to reflect the accelerating transformation of the entire audio market from analogue to digital.

In addition, the number of component suppliers serving the analogue market has dwindled in recent years and we brought forward the decision to leave the market rather than risk being unable to fulfil future orders because of a lack of parts.

Panasonic employees who have been working on the analogue turntable range have been redeployed elsewhere within Panasonic - many of them continuing to work in Panasonic
Ara Tima
Originally Posted by synthet1c
Tech's when new in Australia were always around $1200-$1400 each, used their about $400-600 each. We got ripped off
I paid $800 each for my set brand new (2003-04). They got cheap towards the end.

I still regularly see sets sell for $1000 a pair secondhand over here in Australia..
Dia Laryea
Alphonso Deitchman
Werner Bile
The official reason:

Panasonic has confirmed that it ceased the production of its Technics-branded analogue turntables this autumn.

After more than 35 years as a leading manufacturer of analogue turntables, Panasonic has regretfully taken the decision to leave this market. However, Panasonic will continue to sell headphones under the Technics brand.

We are sure that retailers and consumers will understand that our product range has to reflect the accelerating transformation of the entire audio market from analogue to digital.

In addition, the number of component suppliers serving the analogue market has dwindled in recent years and we brought forward the decision to leave the market rather than risk being unable to fulfil future orders because of a lack of parts.

Panasonic employees who have been working on the analogue turntable range have been redeployed elsewhere within Panasonic - many of them continuing to work in Panasonic
Dia Laryea
Originally Posted by AllDay
Thats what happens when a good product stops being produced...
Why did they stop being produced anyways?
Tera Baragan
Originally Posted by Danek

The book I'm reading is from 2002. A brand new 1200 now is at least $1000, and second hand costs at least $500 if it's pretty beaten.
Dia Laryea

Oretha Afful
We get them in pretty regularly at Guitar Center and pirce them at $350 USD a piece for good condition. That's not really that bad for them.
Ara Tima
Originally Posted by synthet1c
Tech's when new in Australia were always around $1200-$1400 each, used their about $400-600 each. We got ripped off
I paid $800 each for my set brand new (2003-04). They got cheap towards the end.

I still regularly see sets sell for $1000 a pair secondhand over here in Australia..
Brunilda Kora

I've got 2 custom pairs here in the UK that ain't sold yet. It might be worth offering free shipping to the US if I can get the kind of money people are paying for customs over there!
Hellen Mindrup
I do want some badly
Joesph Kasian
Thank god I've got 2 pairs sitting in the loft and a third right here in the studio with me.
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
Dia Laryea
Alphonso Deitchman
Werner Bile
The official reason:

Dia Laryea
Originally Posted by AllDay
Why did they stop being produced anyways?
Tera Baragan
Originally Posted by Danek

<< Back to Free word - say whatever you like which does not fit under the other topics.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy