The Gear Freaks on Amazon: Don't Buy From Them

The Gear Freaks on Amazon: Don't Buy From Them
Posted on: 20.07.2013 by Gaynell Rydberg
I just wanted to warn all of you guys about The Gear Freaks on Amazon. I don't believe they have an actual storefront, but they sell through Amazon.

I bought a Reloop Contour Interface Edition (or what I thought I bought), but I was sent a controller edition. I sent them an email and got a return label. I thought all was good, and I would get my money back. I actually completely forgot about the refund until 4 days after they had already received the product back from. Sent them some emails asking them for a refund, and I finally got a response after I filed a claim with Amazon stating that they would begin the refund process. 5 days after the claim (10 days after they received the returned item) and still no refund. They've actually stopped responding to my emails completely now. I'm hoping Amazon will get me my money back.

Don't want any of you guys to fall into the same situation as me.
Robert Danno
Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50
I just wanted to warn all of you guys about The Gear Freaks on Amazon. I don't believe they have an actual storefront, but they sell through Amazon.

I bought a Reloop Contour Interface Edition (or what I thought I bought), but I was sent a controller edition. I sent them an email and got a return label. I thought all was good, and I would get my money back. I actually completely forgot about the refund until 4 days after they had already received the product back from. Sent them some emails asking them for a refund, and I finally got a response after I filed a claim with Amazon stating that they would begin the refund process. 5 days after the claim (10 days after they received the returned item) and still no refund. They've actually stopped responding to my emails completely now. I'm hoping Amazon will get me my money back.

I know it sounds a little counter intuitive to say, but it has worked for me.. just calling Amazon. They've got great customer service, and in my situation - I got shipped an incorrect repair part for my laptop.. they refunded me the money then forced the Amazon marketplace member to process my refund. Stay with it and Amazon will make it right.
Erica Charvet
I've bought stuff from Amazon and had the credit posted back immediately. The debit card took a bit longer though.
Not if it was a credit return. Bank transactions do not occur in real time.

Credits take at minimum overevening while waiting for the banks to batch out at the end of the day. 1-3 business days is most common and it can sometimes take 4-5. Your situation is not at all uncommon given the time frame so far.
Erica Charvet
Credit should have been returned immediately.
That's not how the payment systems work. Even after they process the return it can take up to 5 business days for a credit to post.
Gaynell Rydberg

Gaynell Rydberg
Finally got my refund.

I called Amazon before, but the CS rep just said to wait.
Robert Danno

I know it sounds a little counter intuitive to say, but it has worked for me.. just calling Amazon. They've got great customer service, and in my situation - I got shipped an incorrect repair part for my laptop.. they refunded me the money then forced the Amazon marketplace member to process my refund. Stay with it and Amazon will make it right.
Hellen Mindrup
Just be patient
Gaynell Rydberg
No, it's not credit card. This is Amazon credit. Like a gift card.
Erica Charvet
I've bought stuff from Amazon and had the credit posted back immediately. The debit card took a bit longer though.
Not if it was a credit return. Bank transactions do not occur in real time.

Credits take at minimum overevening while waiting for the banks to batch out at the end of the day. 1-3 business days is most common and it can sometimes take 4-5. Your situation is not at all uncommon given the time frame so far.
Gaynell Rydberg
Erica Charvet
Credit should have been returned immediately.
That's not how the payment systems work. Even after they process the return it can take up to 5 business days for a credit to post.
Gaynell Rydberg
Yup, that's what the CS rep I talked to at Amazon said. 1 more week..
Emelina Chillson
it takes up to 7 days for amazon to wait on the seller to reply to the claim. After the 7 days, Amazon will attempt to directly charge the seller the refund amount and then issue the refund to you. The whole process takes betweekn 1 to 2 weeks.
Gaynell Rydberg
Nah, I know he's not processing it because it was a split payment with Amazon credit + debit card. Credit should have been returned immediately. I understand the bank account taking a while.

Either way, he should be replying to my messages.
Nana Mohs
It took me 10ish days (maybe longer) to get my refund from an amazon seller, and I'm 100% sure that the seller processed the refund as soon as he got the item.

Is it going to a bank or debit card? That could take longer because they have to credit the account, and that has to clear (from what I understand). Amazon taking their time + your bank taking their time = you waiting for your money.

Give 'em a little more time before you freak out too much. These things take time to process Especially in quite a few small businesses that don't have a "returns department" of any sort.

-muffintop

ps. fingers crossed
Kellie Myrum
Got my fingers crossed mate.

<< Back to Free word - say whatever you like which does not fit under the other topics.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy