Tonight I met...

Tonight I met...
Posted on: 03.08.2013 by Doreen Schurle
... DJ Angelo.

I was covering a friend's residency (I've actually been offered the evening as the manager isn't happy with the job that my mate's been doing) toevening , and none other than DJ Angelo walked in. He came over and said, "hey"... and I was like, "oh my god, you're Angelo Tun :O", and the reason he'd come over was because he noticed I was using a complete Reloop setup (2x Reloop Contours, a Kontrol Z1, and my mate was using my Terminal Mix 4).

I must admit, I was somewhat starstruck. Still, he complimented my set and asked for a photo with me and my gear Just hoping he posts it on FB or Twitter so I can get a copy of it

But yeah... considering how much of a Reloop whore I am, this has gotta be the highlight of my year
Doreen Schurle
Doreen Schurle
Originally Posted by HighTopFade
Nice. Great performer and online teacher. I imagine he's a real cool dude.
He really is A lot of famous people have this kinda "I'm famous, innit" kinda attitude about them, but he doesn't at all; I believe he was actually surprised I knew who he was (he recognized my name though :-O), which just made the situation all the more surreal. I've never been starstruck in my life before, and I've met some properly big DJs, but this was just like... aaaargh lol.

I believe it's because he showed up at one of MY gigs rather than us working the same venue like how I've met the others (usually me doing photography while they're playing a set; I keep all my gear in the booth so spend like half the evening talking to them like with Brandon Block lol), there's just something seriously surreal about one of your idols turning up to an event YOU'RE playing.

I tried to explain it to my dad last evening ; "it's like if you were playing a gig in a pub and Pete Green or Eric Clapton walked in and just casually said, 'oh you're using a Fender Strat?'"

Haven't slept yet, and my head's still spinning lol.
Doreen Schurle
... DJ Angelo.

I was covering a friend's residency (I've actually been offered the evening as the manager isn't happy with the job that my mate's been doing) toevening , and none other than DJ Angelo walked in. He came over and said, "hey"... and I was like, "oh my god, you're Angelo Tun :O", and the reason he'd come over was because he noticed I was using a complete Reloop setup (2x Reloop Contours, a Kontrol Z1, and my mate was using my Terminal Mix 4).

I must admit, I was somewhat starstruck. Still, he complimented my set and asked for a photo with me and my gear Just hoping he posts it on FB or Twitter so I can get a copy of it

But yeah... considering how much of a Reloop whore I am, this has gotta be the highlight of my year
Len Lukawski
Superb.

I exchanged a few emails with Angelo last year over a DJTT article I was writing. He is every bit as sincere as we all believe he is. Totally amazing chap.

Congrats, that's a evening that you'll always look back on and grin over
Doreen Schurle
Doreen Schurle
Mate, I had business cards made up the other day, and FORGOT TO PUT THEM IN MY FUCKING WALLET.

I couldn't even believe straight enough to even MENTION them to him Think I'm gonna contact him via his site to see if I can get that photo off him and send him some cables
Brunilda Kora
Bo.

We has probably softening you up to send him some free cables.

Not a bad idea, actually - send him a few and see if they turn up in the next Reloop video.....
Doreen Schurle
Originally Posted by HighTopFade
He really is A lot of famous people have this kinda "I'm famous, innit" kinda attitude about them, but he doesn't at all; I believe he was actually surprised I knew who he was (he recognized my name though :-O), which just made the situation all the more surreal. I've never been starstruck in my life before, and I've met some properly big DJs, but this was just like... aaaargh lol.

I believe it's because he showed up at one of MY gigs rather than us working the same venue like how I've met the others (usually me doing photography while they're playing a set; I keep all my gear in the booth so spend like half the evening talking to them like with Brandon Block lol), there's just something seriously surreal about one of your idols turning up to an event YOU'RE playing.

I tried to explain it to my dad last evening ; "it's like if you were playing a gig in a pub and Pete Green or Eric Clapton walked in and just casually said, 'oh you're using a Fender Strat?'"

Haven't slept yet, and my head's still spinning lol.
Hellen Mindrup
Sick man
Rena Estabrook
Charline Dye
Sweet!
Debi Capp
Thats pretty cool, when Skrillex came to my city I met KOAN Sound.
Wilson Durrum
Thats awesome!!!

<< Back to Free word - say whatever you like which does not fit under the other topics.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy