Car stereo suggestions?

Car stereo suggestions?
Posted on: 08.07.2013 by Vikki Guinyard
slightly OT, I know - but also not at all.

i'm looking to spend $600 or so on a new system, but I'm completely lost. I haven't been in touch with car audio in a long time.

def need a sub - bass!

anybody have suggestions? I'd really appreciate it!
Warren Warns
Originally Posted by mdcdesign
I always used Clarion head units and Alpine speakers. Personally I actually preferred the Type S' sound to the Type Rs. Their component speakers are also fantastic.

Looking at the new range of Clarion stuff, I'd personally be tempted to seek out a second hand older model; the quality on their previous ranges were second to none.
THIS. Don't get the type R's unless you want to get an even more expensive amp to go with it, the extra power it draws is kinda pointless to me if you know what you are doing when hooking things up correctly. The alpine CDA-9885 is the cheapest alpine model that has the sub outs on the back, go with this. You can find the matching amp with the sub and speakers (both type S), and deck easily on ebay for under 600. My setup right now is... 4 2-way 4" speakers in the front, 2 tweeters in the front, 2 2-way 4x6" speakers in the back, 2 3-way 6x9" speakers powered by an amp, 2 10" subs powered by an amp (obviously), and a capacitor (which in my opinion doesn't do much). ALL type S speakers. Sounds like a fuking concert in there.
Vikki Guinyard
slightly OT, I know - but also not at all.

i'm looking to spend $600 or so on a new system, but I'm completely lost. I haven't been in touch with car audio in a long time.

def need a sub - bass!

anybody have suggestions? I'd really appreciate it!
Warren Warns
Originally Posted by mdcdesign
I always used Clarion head units and Alpine speakers. Personally I actually preferred the Type S' sound to the Type Rs. Their component speakers are also fantastic.

Looking at the new range of Clarion stuff, I'd personally be tempted to seek out a second hand older model; the quality on their previous ranges were second to none.
THIS. Don't get the type R's unless you want to get an even more expensive amp to go with it, the extra power it draws is kinda pointless to me if you know what you are doing when hooking things up correctly. The alpine CDA-9885 is the cheapest alpine model that has the sub outs on the back, go with this. You can find the matching amp with the sub and speakers (both type S), and deck easily on ebay for under 600. My setup right now is... 4 2-way 4" speakers in the front, 2 tweeters in the front, 2 2-way 4x6" speakers in the back, 2 3-way 6x9" speakers powered by an amp, 2 10" subs powered by an amp (obviously), and a capacitor (which in my opinion doesn't do much). ALL type S speakers. Sounds like a fuking concert in there.
Jayson Azpeitia
Alpine type r sub and a hifonics amp 1500 rms with type r components and co axils in the back
Marva Cupid
I have competed in many spl comps, and if u want some serious bass you can't go passed the Orion hcca series. But I believe they. Will be out of ur price range, lol. The alpinesare are beastly, I had twin 15s a little while ago and managed to break my passenger window at 23hz.
For amps, aslng as it is a class d mono black for your sub u will be fine, and remember to always overpower your subs, that way you will get the most out of them, just don't put it in the reds and you will be fine.
For you mids and hi, I personally believe splits sound better, but have a listen around, these are usually up to personal taste though. Personally I like the vibe audio splits,
Doreen Schurle

Margie Pavell
what kind of car? getting a head unit also? amp and sub? I was Rockford Fosgate RTTI certified and also Clifford alarm certified...let me know if you need help...
Janyce Henningson
I always bought Alpine head units and loved em, never tried the subs but I'm sure they're good.
Brendon Marwaha
Don't discredit Alpine because the sub is named Type R. There is also a Type S if you're looking to save, both are high quality.
Yong Aptekar
^quality subs right there. Known a few people that swore by rockford fosgate.
Janyce Henningson
I haven't done a car system for about 10 years but when I did I always used Rockford Fosgate subs:
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/produ...s.aspx?catid=4

They are quite expensive but if you make your own box from mdf it's not too bad.

There's probably newer brands now as well, maybe cheaper - I'm going back to when I had a Nova GTE lol
Brendon Marwaha
Definitely go with an Alpine Type-R. 12" is great, but 10" does just fine. I usually pair it with a Rockford Fosgate amp since I often find them for a reasonable price.

Pioneer decks aren't top of the line but last forever. I prefer USB connectivity in the back so I can drop the cable into the glove box and plug in a usb stick.

Interior speakers will obviously depend on how much $ you have left.

<< Back to Free word - say whatever you like which does not fit under the other topics.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy