Same song in different labels?

Same song in different labels?
Posted on: 18.09.2013 by Waldo Lessing
i'm signed to a label that doesn't have exclusive copyrights. would it be ok if i were to send those songs to a different label? i was also believeing of changing my artist name, would it be ok to send that track under a different name? i've heard of artist sending their songs to different labels under a different name without issues before, but im not sure.
Tera Baragan
Originally Posted by de4thbyc4ke
i'm signed to a label that doesn't have exclusive copyrights. would it be ok if i were to send those songs to a different label? i was also believeing of changing my artist name, would it be ok to send that track under a different name? i've heard of artist sending their songs to different labels under a different name without issues before, but im not sure.
If they dont have copyright of your work then you can do what you please with the song im oretty sure.
Waldo Lessing
Augustine Mitzen
No.

it's rude and probably breaching the contract
Joesph Kasian
No, you can't send a track to a label, have it released under one name then ship it to another label using a different artist name with the same track - why would you want to do that anyway, it'll just confuse people.

Make a track, get it signed, have it released, rinse and repeat.
Katie Ahmady
If you plan on continuing to work with the label you're currently signed to, it might be in your best interests to "ask permission" even if you're gonna send those songs to a different label no matter what
Tera Baragan
Originally Posted by de4thbyc4ke
If they dont have copyright of your work then you can do what you please with the song im oretty sure.

<< Back to Free word - say whatever you like which does not fit under the other topics.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy