iPhone 5s, yay or nay?

iPhone 5s, yay or nay?
Posted on: 17.09.2013 by Dannie Dimora
Sup!
Just wondering, any of you believeing of buying the new model?
My 4 is getting VERY sluggish, and i oh-so-want that keylock on djay

I'll probably take advantage of the euro/dollar conversion, the 64gb in europe costs 900
Ming Devis
Originally Posted by Polygon

I don't mind lightning, it's a carefully designed connector unlike microusb (can't count how many cables i had failing on me because the internal pin broke, lightning doesn't have an internal pin and moreover is of a really durable construction.
Going to have to disagree with this point. While I like how its double sided and easy to plug in I definitely wouldn't say it is durable. Allot of people I know are onto their 2-3rd cable and I have had some issues with the phone connecting and disconnecting while moving it slightly (not sure if this is the cable or the port - either way its a design floor that is common after looking online)

That being said I still like iOS phones over Android the way the software and hardware work is allot smoother and stylish, the apps are still allot better as well.
Dannie Dimora
Originally Posted by typeomega
i work for Verizon cust care, i have to say wait for just one reason and thats the new tech there packing into these phones. thumb unlock is largely untested on this kind of device on this kind of scale, the a7 looks nice but no one is making 64 bit apps yet so its usefulness is limited at-least for the time being. and the overall camera improvements arr mehhhh,,,

there is some industry standard stuff that apple just wont pick up ether no usb, no sd card, no removable battery, no gorilla glass. make sure to get insurance so when you brake the screen you dont have to drop a extra 800 on a phone (insurance that cost 3 bucks more each month with a 50 dollar higher deductible than any other device)

to be honest its not a bad buy but i never advise anyone to buy a device within the first month of release, it like a beta period. when the 4s launched there was a huge issue with the software where the device would say it was on wifi but use you cell data up at the same time, bugs like these don't show up till half a million peeps use them for about a month and then it takes another month or so to get the correct stability patch out
I'll have to disagree with you on a couple points. I wouldn't buy it for touchid, more for the processor speed. A7 is faster than anything on the market right now, and i am really pleased with how responsive apple products are (touch latency on the iphone 4 is half that of the galaxy s4).

I don't mind lightning, it's a carefully designed connector unlike microusb (can't count how many cables i had failing on me because the internal pin broke, lightning doesn't have an internal pin and moreover is of a really durable construction.

Sd cards are slow compared to internal NAND flash , and there are compatibility issues with different SD cards. Apple wants uniform performance accross devices, and they cannot achieve that by letting customers swap components.

The only times i had to remove my battery in previous phones was because they locked up and couldn't be rebooted via buttons. I honestly cannot find an use for a removable battery when my 3yo 4 and my 5yo 3g still have the same battery life as when i bought them.

With apple you can have your phone repaired for a little over 240 dollars if anything happens to it (cracked screen, water damage)

The glass in the iphone is an aluminumsilicate strenghtened sheet, just as gorilla glass. Gorilla glass is just a easy to remember name, same as retina display. It is also thought that corning (makers of gorilla glass) actually do produce gorilla glass sheets for apple, it's just that apple doesn't market them as such (as it did with "apple's" M7 motion coprocessor in the 5s, which is actually a product by NXP)

And yeah, ios7 is hell buggy. But i'll be buying the phone mid-october/november anyway, so that'll get fixed by then.
Marcelina Hanaway
7 killed my ipt battery... Happy i restored back to 6 while apple still signed its ipsw...
Had this problem. Adjusted my Location Services. Problem solved.
Dannie Dimora
Originally Posted by keithace
I was happy just to get ios7. Makes my 4 brand new again.
7 killed my ipt battery... Happy i restored back to 6 while apple still signed its ipsw...
Dannie Dimora
Originally Posted by AllDay
Might as well get an android for half the price. Every iphone update makes it closer and closer to an android.
I disagree. The one thing that matters the most to me is fluidity and touch latency. And even with Butter and octacore processors, android still seriously lags behind iOS. So no to android for me.
Vada Branyon
http://macsfuture.com/post/618919609...-with-iphone-5

It's faster then my server
Ming Devis

Going to have to disagree with this point. While I like how its double sided and easy to plug in I definitely wouldn't say it is durable. Allot of people I know are onto their 2-3rd cable and I have had some issues with the phone connecting and disconnecting while moving it slightly (not sure if this is the cable or the port - either way its a design floor that is common after looking online)

That being said I still like iOS phones over Android the way the software and hardware work is allot smoother and stylish, the apps are still allot better as well.
Dannie Dimora
Originally Posted by typeomega
i work for Verizon cust care, i have to say wait for just one reason and thats the new tech there packing into these phones. thumb unlock is largely untested on this kind of device on this kind of scale, the a7 looks nice but no one is making 64 bit apps yet so its usefulness is limited at-least for the time being. and the overall camera improvements arr mehhhh,,,

there is some industry standard stuff that apple just wont pick up ether no usb, no sd card, no removable battery, no gorilla glass. make sure to get insurance so when you brake the screen you dont have to drop a extra 800 on a phone (insurance that cost 3 bucks more each month with a 50 dollar higher deductible than any other device)

to be honest its not a bad buy but i never advise anyone to buy a device within the first month of release, it like a beta period. when the 4s launched there was a huge issue with the software where the device would say it was on wifi but use you cell data up at the same time, bugs like these don't show up till half a million peeps use them for about a month and then it takes another month or so to get the correct stability patch out
I'll have to disagree with you on a couple points. I wouldn't buy it for touchid, more for the processor speed. A7 is faster than anything on the market right now, and i am really pleased with how responsive apple products are (touch latency on the iphone 4 is half that of the galaxy s4).

Sd cards are slow compared to internal NAND flash , and there are compatibility issues with different SD cards. Apple wants uniform performance accross devices, and they cannot achieve that by letting customers swap components.

The only times i had to remove my battery in previous phones was because they locked up and couldn't be rebooted via buttons. I honestly cannot find an use for a removable battery when my 3yo 4 and my 5yo 3g still have the same battery life as when i bought them.

With apple you can have your phone repaired for a little over 240 dollars if anything happens to it (cracked screen, water damage)

The glass in the iphone is an aluminumsilicate strenghtened sheet, just as gorilla glass. Gorilla glass is just a easy to remember name, same as retina display. It is also thought that corning (makers of gorilla glass) actually do produce gorilla glass sheets for apple, it's just that apple doesn't market them as such (as it did with "apple's" M7 motion coprocessor in the 5s, which is actually a product by NXP)

And yeah, ios7 is hell buggy. But i'll be buying the phone mid-october/november anyway, so that'll get fixed by then.
Izola Larose

Dione Haimes
My 5s gets delivereed on wednesday, coming from a 4, cant wait
Marcelina Hanaway
Had this problem. Adjusted my Location Services. Problem solved.
Dannie Dimora
Originally Posted by keithace
Dannie Dimora
Originally Posted by AllDay
Might as well get an android for half the price. Every iphone update makes it closer and closer to an android.
I disagree. The one thing that matters the most to me is fluidity and touch latency. And even with Butter and octacore processors, android still seriously lags behind iOS. So no to android for me.
Margie Pavell
Latoria Kavulich
Sold!

Tera Baragan
Joesph Kasian
I went from 4 to 5 and it is insane how much better the phone is. So 4 to a 5S will be unreal. Make it happen.
Alma Bernadotte
yay
Dannie Dimora
Originally Posted by DarioJ
..... I'll just leave this here for ya
http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/...p-in-iphone-5s
Erm..nope.
Samsung's the foundry of the chip, not the designer. Apple could've outsourced the production to TSMC or GlobalFoundries, but they sticked to samsung since they provide their memory modules at a lower price than competitors.

So while sammy manufactured the chip, it's designed in-house by apple. The exynos on the other hand is completely samsung made.

The fact still stands, thing beats the crap out of exynos' and latest-gen snapdragons.
Judi Sissel
Benches for the A7 have come in, thing is a bloody beast. Beats sammy's own octacores.
Not that i doubted apple, optimization > brute power
..... I'll just leave this here for ya
http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/...p-in-iphone-5s
Palma Hanslip
It's sold out every store that sells Apple locally here.. The phone is a huge step up to the 4, i loved going from my 4 to 5, the iPhone 4 is just like a slab now compared to the 5 and 5S. So go for it! If you're making a saving that's an extra bonus!

I'm gonna wait for the 6 though.
Dannie Dimora
Benches for the A7 have come in, thing is a bloody beast. Beats sammy's own octacores.
Not that i doubted apple, optimization > brute power
Candy Vardy
I already have the 5, and don't really need the 5s, but I'm pretty sure after I see the phone RGAS will kick in and I'll land up buying it anyway..
Judi Sissel
Originally Posted by deevey
He said he wanted something fast that can run real apps

Do it man, pull the trigger !
LOL... its funny cause its true.

The apps are 5x better on iOS, but that doesn't incite much for new users, people jumping ship. They need to update the platform before they lose the app developers too.
Rolanda Clodfelder
Originally Posted by DarioJ
Or just get an Android phone..........
He said he wanted something fast that can run real apps

Do it man, pull the trigger !
Judi Sissel
Or just get an Android phone..........
Marcelina Hanaway
Coming from the 4, you will crap your pants at the speed of the 5S. I upgraded from a regular 4 to a 5 last year. I can't even stand using my girl's 4 for anything. Treat yourself. You're worth it.

<< Back to Free word - say whatever you like which does not fit under the other topics.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy