Which controller is best on the market at the moment?

Home :: General Discussion :: Which controller is best on the market at the moment?Reply
Which controller is best on the market at the moment?
Posted on: 27.11.2013 by Alycia Niederriter
Hi guys,

I just want to know which controller is best on the market? My price range is anything up to
Alycia Niederriter
Originally Posted by robdquick
Have you looked at the Denon MC6000? It might be slightly above your budget at
Alycia Niederriter
Alycia Niederriter
Alycia Niederriter
Originally Posted by DjGeorgio
there is a sync & master deck button on each mixer channel below the monitor cue (headphones) button.

it is like 2x cdj 350 or 400 (with better tempo faders than the cdjs) with a 4 channel pioneer mixer but without rubber knobs. the whole feeling is great. i would only change it for cdjs 850-900-2000 pioneer.

definetly worth the money.

also sync button its not a sin. its an extra tool to make your life easier. its not shame to use it. if u know how to count tempo and the bars on a song. cause if u dont know how to count bars the mix will not be good, it would just be in tempo.

that said from a cd lover, and hater of the new technologies on music industry since they first came out. but no more.
the huge useability and easy to carry your whole music collection in a laptop instead of 3 or 4 big bags, the countless effects and so many other pros that come with them its a miracle!

these things are tools, and its up to you how u use them, sync button just put the track in tempo with the other deck just this, djing its about making people happy so they stay here to spend their precious money to drink ALOT so the place you work makes profit! and to come back again. all the others are just excuses from people who arent able to follow the rythm as life moves on.

by just putting 2 tracks on the same tempo u dont acomplish nothing, by keep the crowd in the rythm and the proper mood is the deal!

AND YES! i can beatmatch 2 tracks together without using sync button!
Indeed. I have learnt the hard way anyway without using sync, to be honest, just to shut the sync-haters up. I love this viewpoint. Who gives a shit how you mix it as long as you're playing some banging tunes. You could argue using FX, I hardly ever use FX in my mixes because to be honest I just believe you should just do what the DJ has to do just do one track after another... After all that's what the crowds turned up to hear right? The tracks.. not the FX. Although I can tolerate it a little... But not like Carl Cox where every second he's fucking with it (he was still brilliant live though). Another thing is I don't get why the DJ is always high up at festivals and clubs etc with all the people below with the DJ looking like they're some god high in the skies. It should just be the DJ in the corner and that extra room should be used as a dance floor, because after all it is DANCE music. Anyway, we're getting a bit off subject, rant over. Thanks for your opinion
Alaine Hanuman
Originally Posted by Daily Crisis
The t1 looks very professional and has that CDJ feel to it, also I don't believe I can see a sync button either. Although I do not press the sync button (that would be a sin), this will be good to help me perform on the CDJ's at clubs.
there is a sync & master deck button on each mixer channel below the monitor cue (headphones) button.

it is like 2x cdj 350 or 400 (with better tempo faders than the cdjs) with a 4 channel pioneer mixer but without rubber knobs. the whole feeling is great. i would only change it for cdjs 850-900-2000 pioneer.

also sync button its not a sin. its an extra tool to make your life easier. its not shame to use it. if u know how to count tempo and the bars on a song. cause if u dont know how to count bars the mix will not be good, it would just be in tempo.

that said from a cd lover, and hater of the new technologies on music industry since they first came out. but no more.
the huge useability and easy to carry your whole music collection in a laptop instead of 3 or 4 big bags, the countless effects and so many other pros that come with them its a miracle!

these things are tools, and its up to you how u use them, sync button just put the track in tempo with the other deck just this, djing its about making people happy so they stay here to spend their precious money to drink ALOT so the place you work makes profit! and to come back again. all the others are just excuses from people who arent able to follow the rythm as life moves on.

by just putting 2 tracks on the same tempo u dont acomplish nothing, by keep the crowd in the rythm and the proper mood is the deal!

PS: another con i forgot to mention was the lack of led bars on the channels and master out to show the volume levels.
Alycia Niederriter
i've always been playing with pioneer cdjs, now that i turn from cd's to digital with traktor i've bought a ddj wego, then i wanted something bigger. i looked for ergo, then s2 then s4. i finally went for ddj t1. cause its amazing. its a copy of pioneer cdj, all buttons are so similar to cdj, that its like playing with a cdj! the only disadvantage its the plastic feeling in mixer knobs, they could have been rubber.

its a 100% reliable machine, and i am very satisfied with it. also its pretty cheap these days.

s2 + s4 its NI controller so its probably the best for traktor BUT pioneer its the club standard.

sx is good also but its on a bigger budget and serato factory default. t1 its exclusively for traktor.

if i was to buy again, i would definelty go for t1.

its all about what u need, if u need pioneer cdj like controller go for t1 or maybe sx. if u dont care about the layout go for whatever else you or ur pocket like.

greetings!
The t1 looks very professional and has that CDJ feel to it, also I don't believe I can see a sync button either. Although I do not press the sync button (that would be a sin), this will be good to help me perform on the CDJ's at clubs.
Alycia Niederriter
It's built like a tank as well!!! It's got everything that I need as a mobile DJ, 2 mic inputs (with 3 band eq, which I love!!), 6 other inputs (2 phono/4 line), booth out with eq, 4 decks, enough buttons to do what I need. Jog wheels are small (although probably not any smaller than the S4) but they are sturdy and work really well.
At the moment it's a decision between Traktor S4 or Numark 4Trak.
Alycia Niederriter
Cassie Sangermano
Alycia Niederriter
Originally Posted by jdownesbaird
I thought you said you just finally got your gear already (in the thread you started about you teaching others how to DJ). What are you using now?
I'm still using Mixtrack Pro. No, not yet, haven't got round to it.
Tera Baragan
Originally Posted by deevey
The vci-400 can be had for around $450-$500 at the moment (guitarcenter/unique squared) and is seriously one of the best built and fully featured controllers out there.

Lol at OP talking nonsense. Who told u reloop was poor quality? The vci 400 is the tits. Only other controller I would buy right now(owner of a vci400). Is the ddj sx, only for its slicer and roll function.
Alycia Niederriter

Indeed. I have learnt the hard way anyway without using sync, to be honest, just to shut the sync-haters up. I love this viewpoint. Who gives a shit how you mix it as long as you're playing some banging tunes. You could argue using FX, I hardly ever use FX in my mixes because to be honest I just believe you should just do what the DJ has to do just do one track after another... After all that's what the crowds turned up to hear right? The tracks.. not the FX. Although I can tolerate it a little... But not like Carl Cox where every second he's fucking with it (he was still brilliant live though). Another thing is I don't get why the DJ is always high up at festivals and clubs etc with all the people below with the DJ looking like they're some god high in the skies. It should just be the DJ in the corner and that extra room should be used as a dance floor, because after all it is DANCE music. Anyway, we're getting a bit off subject, rant over. Thanks for your opinion
Alaine Hanuman

PS: another con i forgot to mention was the lack of led bars on the channels and master out to show the volume levels.
Alycia Niederriter
i've always been playing with pioneer cdjs, now that i turn from cd's to digital with traktor i've bought a ddj wego, then i wanted something bigger. i looked for ergo, then s2 then s4. i finally went for ddj t1. cause its amazing. its a copy of pioneer cdj, all buttons are so similar to cdj, that its like playing with a cdj! the only disadvantage its the plastic feeling in mixer knobs, they could have been rubber.

its a 100% reliable machine, and i am very satisfied with it. also its pretty cheap these days.

s2 + s4 its NI controller so its probably the best for traktor BUT pioneer its the club standard.

sx is good also but its on a bigger budget and serato factory default. t1 its exclusively for traktor.

its all about what u need, if u need pioneer cdj like controller go for t1 or maybe sx. if u dont care about the layout go for whatever else you or ur pocket like.

greetings!
Damion Panyanouvong
4trak for life. No arguments.
Alaine Hanuman

greetings!
Jetta Drenzek
I was set on the T1, went to buy the last one in the shop (Discontinued), thought "Wait, let's try the DDJ-SX", absolutely blew the T1 out of the water. Was absolutely 100% about to drop the money on the SX when I suddenly stopped, turned around to the other cabinet, and said "Let me try the S4."

I bought the S4 and have no regrets. I hated it at first but in half an hour it grew on me. Be prepared to explain to lots of people how good Traktor is and then have them disregard everything you say though in favour of Serato and VDJ.

EDIT: Also, they had the 4TRAK which I didn't try because it is MAHUSIVE. Jesus, the only thing that annoys me about the S4 is that it's a bit cumbersome at times, with that 4TRAK I would have been stuffed.
Hui Fluck
Ddj sx
Alycia Niederriter
It's built like a tank as well!!! It's got everything that I need as a mobile DJ, 2 mic inputs (with 3 band eq, which I love!!), 6 other inputs (2 phono/4 line), booth out with eq, 4 decks, enough buttons to do what I need. Jog wheels are small (although probably not any smaller than the S4) but they are sturdy and work really well.
At the moment it's a decision between Traktor S4 or Numark 4Trak.
Cassie Sangermano
Alycia Niederriter
Cassie Sangermano
Shanel Batch
Let hope I'm not late to contribute here to your question about what is the best controller in the market right now. I believe is not all about which is the best controller but what is that you are looking on a controller. To be honest I own a S4 and it is great for what I was looking at the time. I since had put together a DVS system using Sc3900 and DJM-850, F1 and X1 mk2. I did all this in order to have a backup plan to possible some crazy last minute issue like the laptop crashing or some other bull sh*t. What I mean by all this is to believe about the versatility as well as the quality of the controller so that you get the best choice of controller. The S4 is great as well as it is some of the Pioneer controller and other brand but many only work while the computer is working. Think a bout that for a sec.
Trula Willadsen
I'd go for Beamz.. yeah, def Beamz!
http://www.beamzbyflo.com/
Alycia Niederriter
The 4 Trak looks solid as fuck! It looks pretty sweet. I am definitely considering purchasing it.
Vickie Scheier
I have a Novation Twitch and I love it. For the money I don't believe anything can touch it imo. It has it's pros and cons like everything else but for the type of music you mix I believe it would be a good fit. If you are new to controllers then it is a good introduction to controllers without breaking the bank. You can pick one up for about $199 (Guitar Center) used and not much more than that new, so it comes well below your mentioned budget. I also use it as a midi controller with my DVS setup mapped to SSl. Take a good look at it and and I strongly recommend it. I added a couple of links...

Annalisa Shogren
Don't write off the Numark 4Trak. I definitely recommend going to a shop and trying all these out.

The 4Trak is 100% the best built of them all. The only gripes I have with it (a friend has one, I don't personally) is that it only has master output LED for levels. And if you're manually beat matching, for some reason the pitch fader will not move unless you radically move the fader up and down to unlock it. And the volume faders are a bit scratchy, but apart from that, the jogs feel great and I actually prefer the look and feel of them to Pioneer CDJ jogs.
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
to be fair to the OP the first series of reloops gear like the digital jockey 1 & 2 were pretty bad compared to the newer options but since the jockey 3 reloop have been spot on.

I have a VCI-400 it's great and would definitely recommend it to anyone, especially over the S4, the jogs are fine in Traktor for anything other than scratching... But I would upgrade to a DDJ-SX in a heartbeat if I had the funds to blow as I would prefer the space between the controls it offers as the vestax is a little cramped.
Cira Ditz
Not really a controller but it can double up as one, I'm still very much in love with my XDJ-AERO. Very versatile and very high quality 2 channel DJ unit (but if you use hot cues a lot it's maybe not the best option)
Alycia Niederriter
I thought you said you just finally got your gear already (in the thread you started about you teaching others how to DJ). What are you using now?
I'm still using Mixtrack Pro. No, not yet, haven't got round to it.
Tera Baragan
The vci-400 can be had for around $450-$500 at the moment (guitarcenter/unique squared) and is seriously one of the best built and fully featured controllers out there.

Lol at OP talking nonsense. Who told u reloop was poor quality? The vci 400 is the tits. Only other controller I would buy right now(owner of a vci400). Is the ddj sx, only for its slicer and roll function.
Sonja Roybal
The problem with the R-1 and the Aero is the "almost" pioneer workflow - but not quite.

E.g. The Aero works on reckordbox for iPad and USB (pretty cool), the R1 does not (well it can for USB drives) - it works on its own internal software and the iPad controls the playlists etc, but the R1 has CD drives which the aero does not and can play even if the iPad disconnects (as the songs are stored on USB :-S )

Very confused pioneer - hopefully a single app can do the trick in future for all units.

If it were a toss up between the R1/Aero or SX I'd go SX hands down, Sure it lacks the iPad stuff but has Nicer jogs, nicer pitch control, better build .. and is probably closer to the pioneer workflow than the other two anyhow.

You could also look at the SX's baby brother the DDJ-SR which is basically a 2 channel SX

Classic Pioneer, randomly spreading out features amongst various pieces of gear. I look at controllers as a cheap way to practice. That's why the R1 is attractive. I'm not a big fan of people brining controllers with them at a gig that already has gear.

I wish Denon would come out with a controller that integrated similar technology to their 3900's. I wouldn't buy it, but I love those decks.
Hellen Mindrup
Virtual DJ
Delena Katherman
Hi guys,

I just want to know which controller is best on the market? My price range is anything up to
Rolanda Clodfelder
Originally Posted by b1sh0p
From what I can tell, the R1 would be a great choice if your aspirations are to play out. It's like practicing on cdj's without actually paying for cdj's. I've never played on one though. I know they were buggy as hell on launch. That might be fixed now.
The problem with the R-1 and the Aero is the "almost" pioneer workflow - but not quite.

E.g. The Aero works on reckordbox for iPad and USB (pretty cool), the R1 does not (well it can for USB drives) - it works on its own internal software and the iPad controls the playlists etc, but the R1 has CD drives which the aero does not and can play even if the iPad disconnects (as the songs are stored on USB :-S )

Very confused pioneer - hopefully a single app can do the trick in future for all units.

If it were a toss up between the R1/Aero or SX I'd go SX hands down, Sure it lacks the iPad stuff but has Nicer jogs, nicer pitch control, better build .. and is probably closer to the pioneer workflow than the other two anyhow.

You could also look at the SX's baby brother the DDJ-SR which is basically a 2 channel SX

The VCI400 doesn't look great to be honest. Also it is over my budget
Sonja Roybal
From what I can tell, the R1 would be a great choice if your aspirations are to play out. It's like practicing on cdj's without actually paying for cdj's. I've never played on one though. I know they were buggy as hell on launch. That might be fixed now.
Horacio Stranathan
There is the XDJ-Aero and XDJ-R1. Trying to decipher.
Horacio Stranathan
I am kind of torn between the two as well. I would like to see a Pioneer XDJ-R1 vs DDJ-SX. 4 channel does not really matter.
Hellen Mindrup
Originally Posted by b1sh0p
If I was going to go that route, it would be the xrdj 1, or whatever the hell it's called. A controller that plays cd's, USB and incorporates RekordBox.
True. I've never looked into those though, I didn't want to blindly recommend a product.
Sonja Roybal
Originally Posted by Kwal
I'd pick the T1, it'll get you slightly dialed in with Pioneer gear seeing as it's basically the industry standard when you play out.
If I was going to go that route, it would be the xrdj 1, or whatever the hell it's called. A controller that plays cd's, USB and incorporates RekordBox.

<< Back to General DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy