Cables, anyone?

Home :: Marketplace :: Cables, anyone?Reply
Cables, anyone?
Posted on: 04.07.2013 by Doreen Schurle
UPDATE: 22/07/2013

These beauties are now for sale
Doreen Schurle
Quick update folks, the cables at BPM were a big hit, and I'll shortly be receiving them back from the guys at Reloop; which means...

Yes, you too can own a set of cables as used by DJ Angelo and DJ Fong Fong for their performances at BPM!

There are 6 pairs of red/black 1m premium RCA cables, 2 pairs of blue/black 3m premium RCA cables, 5 pairs of red standard RCAs and 5 pairs of blue standard RCAs available for sale; if you're interested, drop me a PM!

These are some of the best quality cables I've EVER produced, so if you're looking to treat yourself to something special, there's never been a better time
Doreen Schurle
Originally Posted by addictive
Looks amazing Michael, great job! And super to hear that things are going so well

How thick are these cables, whats the diameter? Im always afraid of those thin OEM cables, but the solid Audioquest cables arent flexibel enough...
Cheers! The premiums are 6mm in diameter, but VERY flexible; the standards are 4mm x 8mm shotgun-style, and flexible in one directly only (they curl along the flat axis).
Doreen Schurle
Originally Posted by kooper1980
whats made you want X1's?
The Denon DJ competition tbh... I got so frustrated swapping pages on the Contours, so I want a device which has 8 cue points for each deck, and a device which has 4 performance pads for each deck. A pair of Contours and my F1 will let me do exactly that but on a four deck setup. Just need to see how the cuepoint buttons feel on the X1, but I'm off to the NI stand in a few minutes so will have a play with them there
Doreen Schurle
NICE!! My CMP800's have red LED rings on the jogwheel so they will look sexy!!

In other news have you used the RMX80 yet? Im seriously tempted by that thing.
Used the RMX-80 for about an hour at the Reloop tour in Manchester; it's probably the best 4-channel DJ mixer ever produced. And I'm not even exaggerating there. It was being demoed next to a 92, a DB4 and a 900NXS; and despite the lack of an audio interface, it stomped all over all three in terms of sound quality, build quality, and flexibility.

No, it doesn't offer per-channel send returns; no, it doesn't have sound colour FX; and no, it doesn't have per-channel FX, BUT... and this is the key thing about it - everything it DOES do, it does brilliantly. The HPF/LPF is probably the smoothest I've ever seen on a mixer, and as far as my personal taste goes, the nicest sounding. The upfaders are the beautiful oil-damped ones from the TM2/4, and as far as customization goes it goes farther than any other mixer on the market. Full matrix audio routing, adjustable EQ bands down to the Hz, infinite crossfader AND upfader curve adjustment (via knobs, not a menu setting or multi-position switch), PFL (cue) mode selectable from Solo or Mix (a BIG feature for me as I hate multi-channel cueing), and so much more.

I'll probably do a video review of it at BPM as I'll most likely be playing with it for most of the weekend haha.
Kandy Ahdoot
same
Debbra Sciutto
Are you still making cables I'd like to grab some!
Lynetta Stanislav
Are you still making cables pmed you a few weeks ago .
Chris Palu
Hey, I've looked through the photos and I've got to say you've definitely piqued my interest with those premium RCA!
How much is a pair in orange and black (also compared to the standard cables)? Thanks.
Vikki Jeannoel
pmed
Hanna Ridenbaugh
Msgd
Doreen Schurle
Quick update folks, the cables at BPM were a big hit, and I'll shortly be receiving them back from the guys at Reloop; which means...

Yes, you too can own a set of cables as used by DJ Angelo and DJ Fong Fong for their performances at BPM!

There are 6 pairs of red/black 1m premium RCA cables, 2 pairs of blue/black 3m premium RCA cables, 5 pairs of red standard RCAs and 5 pairs of blue standard RCAs available for sale; if you're interested, drop me a PM!

These are some of the best quality cables I've EVER produced, so if you're looking to treat yourself to something special, there's never been a better time
Dione Haimes
Think these could fit inside the cable grip of 1200s?
Doreen Schurle
Originally Posted by addictive
Looks amazing Michael, great job! And super to hear that things are going so well

How thick are these cables, whats the diameter? Im always afraid of those thin OEM cables, but the solid Audioquest cables arent flexibel enough...
Cheers! The premiums are 6mm in diameter, but VERY flexible; the standards are 4mm x 8mm shotgun-style, and flexible in one directly only (they curl along the flat axis).
Kalyn Billodeau

Doreen Schurle
The Denon DJ competition tbh... I got so frustrated swapping pages on the Contours, so I want a device which has 8 cue points for each deck, and a device which has 4 performance pads for each deck. A pair of Contours and my F1 will let me do exactly that but on a four deck setup. Just need to see how the cuepoint buttons feel on the X1, but I'm off to the NI stand in a few minutes so will have a play with them there
Kristofer Krauel
Doreen Schurle
Just a quick one here; I'm after a pair of X1s and would be willing to pay whoever gives me 'em in cables I'm guessing there's a few people out there ditching their MK1s for the MK2s, so let me know if you're interested
Doreen Schurle

Used the RMX-80 for about an hour at the Reloop tour in Manchester; it's probably the best 4-channel DJ mixer ever produced. And I'm not even exaggerating there. It was being demoed next to a 92, a DB4 and a 900NXS; and despite the lack of an audio interface, it stomped all over all three in terms of sound quality, build quality, and flexibility.

No, it doesn't offer per-channel send returns; no, it doesn't have sound colour FX; and no, it doesn't have per-channel FX, BUT... and this is the key thing about it - everything it DOES do, it does brilliantly. The HPF/LPF is probably the smoothest I've ever seen on a mixer, and as far as my personal taste goes, the nicest sounding. The upfaders are the beautiful oil-damped ones from the TM2/4, and as far as customization goes it goes farther than any other mixer on the market. Full matrix audio routing, adjustable EQ bands down to the Hz, infinite crossfader AND upfader curve adjustment (via knobs, not a menu setting or multi-position switch), PFL (cue) mode selectable from Solo or Mix (a BIG feature for me as I hate multi-channel cueing), and so much more.

I'll probably do a video review of it at BPM as I'll most likely be playing with it for most of the weekend haha.
Kristofer Krauel

Doreen Schurle
The red and black looks awesome!!
That's what we thought

If you haven't seen it yet, there's a whole gallery of the red and black ones over here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/9979900...7635207909248/

EDIT: Just noticed you were the first person to comment after I posted some of those photos before haha

It's such a relief to have finished "the big order"; can start working on other customers' stuff now. Only problem is going to be finding a box large/sturdy enough to ship all this stuff to the Reloop guys in haha. The entire set of cables (19 in total), probably weighs about 10 kilos, mostly due to the locking RCAs which are literally made up of solid chunks of gold plated copper with anodized aluminium (about 2mm thick) hexagonal cladding. I've used 36 of those bastards, as well as 40 "normal" RCAs, so that's a lot of connector weight

The blue ones are also 3m long apiece, and in total there's over 40m of cabling gone into this order; all in all, a HUGE project but very satisfying to have finished

The ironic thing is, despite having a flat FULL of cables now (they're literally EVERYWHERE - floor, chairs, desk, TV stand) and over a kilometre of cablestock and sleeving, I STILL haven't made myself a set Got something rather special planned for my own cables
Kristofer Krauel
The red and black looks awesome!!
Doreen Schurle
3.5mm jacks are tricky due to the small cable entry diameter, but I'm looking into it

In other news...

Marcelina Hanaway
OHHHHHH SNAPPPPPPP!!!!! http://www.digitaldjtips.com/2013/09...tom-dj-cables/
Kristofer Krauel
Originally Posted by Kwal
1/8*

3.5mm

I asked him about these too lol
Fingers crossed.

just need to decide what colours. I hate all this choice!
Hellen Mindrup
My new desk build is underway so i'll be ready to order over the next week or so. I have a dual TRS to single (1/4 inch?) headphone jack that goes from my mixer to my mac for recording. Do you produce these cables?

Also have you considered offering USB cables with the coloured sleeving? It be in for 4 red if you did!!
1/8*

3.5mm

I asked him about these too lol
Kristofer Krauel
My new desk build is underway so i'll be ready to order over the next week or so. I have a dual TRS to single (1/4 inch?) headphone jack that goes from my mixer to my mac for recording. Do you produce these cables?

Also have you considered offering USB cables with the coloured sleeving? It be in for 4 red if you did!!
Doreen Schurle
You got stock now?!?!?!?
Didn't you see all the photos I posted of INSANE amounts of sleeving etc? :P

But yeah, I made up some RCAs for a guy a while ago but he never got around to paying me and his order was the same as yours (plus 2x 1m red RCAs as well), so they've been sitting here on the shelf for like 3 weeks lol.
Hellen Mindrup
Originally Posted by mdcdesign
How about like... now? :P

If it was 2x 1m Blue RCAs I've got some here ready to go
You got stock now?!?!?!?
Doreen Schurle
I want a duplicate order, sir. Let me know when it can be available.

No rush
How about like... now? :P

If it was 2x 1m Blue RCAs I've got some here ready to go
Hellen Mindrup
I want a duplicate order, sir. Let me know when it can be available.

No rush
Kristofer Krauel
Mate props for that review. Its awesome seeing one mans idea turn into something like this. Well done man. Hats off to ya!
Doreen Schurle
Thank you so much guys I started getting random follows on Twitter and was like wtf, then checked DDJT and started freaking out (in a good way) haha.

I can't stress enough just how supportive everyone here has been; at the risk of sounding like an awards acceptance speech, I really couldn't have done any of this without the support of you guys, my girlfriend, and my family Endless evening mares about RCA connectors, heated negotiations with suppliers and problems with quality control would've felt like this otherwise:

Hellen Mindrup
Originally Posted by 031999
damm they really ripped him off on the pictures, Michael could have sent them much better pictures to put up on the review.

But the review was good. 5 stars....um yeah definitely!!
So sick. Glad to see this coming around for Mike.
Lannie Kutay
Originally Posted by SJJVEN
Just a heads up, Digital dj tips have published the review for your cables! Review is on point and I agree 100% with this review. Anyways review at the link : http://www.digitaldjtips.com/2013/09...tom-dj-cables/
damm they really ripped him off on the pictures, Michael could have sent them much better pictures to put up on the review.

But the review was good. 5 stars....um yeah definitely!!
Marcos Zelko
Just a heads up, Digital dj tips have published the review for your cables! Review is on point and I agree 100% with this review. Anyways review at the link : http://www.digitaldjtips.com/2013/09...tom-dj-cables/
Lashay Walchak
Shoot me a quote! Bulk order!

2 pair 3' RCA>RCA
1 pair 6' RCA>RCA
2 single 15' RCA>RCA
2 single 15' TRSM>XLRM

I work at GC and get a screaming deal on cables. Not pumped about Mogami RCA's being sold as singles. I like the look of your cables over Monster Cable for sure.
Arielle Posso
These are beautiful cables. Gave me a lot of ideas for my own cables
Doreen Schurle

Just finished the three blue 2.5m premium cables for Reloop
Doreen Schurle
Originally Posted by ProfessorStrangeman
Aaaaaaaaand I came. Can't wait till you get TRS jacks to make mine!
Got 'em the other day Just PM me your specs (colour, length etc) and whether you want the fancy connectors or the standard ones and I'll get you a price
Wilton Keuning
Aaaaaaaaand I came. Can't wait till you get TRS jacks to make mine!

<< Back to MarketplaceReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy