Virtual Logics dj setup

Virtual Logics dj setup
Posted on: 18.06.2012 by Marva Cupid
Hey guys,
pretty fun setup, nothing two out of the ordinary though.

*UPDATE*
IMG_5985.jpg

Pictured :
Macbook pro 2010 4gb 2.26 core duo (need to upgrade soon)
2xtraktor kontrol x1 ( one sitting on the UDG z1 hardcase, and the other on the native instruments case)
Maschine (sitting on the UDG maschine hardcase)
Behringer ddm4000
American audio radius 3000 for the occational time i play a cd or friends music from a usb.

Not pictured:
another American audio Radius 3000
old numark dd turntable
2x 12 inch 400w rms pa speakers
2x vibe audio black air subs, made myself, running about 3000w rms into them.
Lappy bag, which can surprisingly can hold all but the mixer and cdj, which i dont take out anyway.

The next thing to upgrade for me will be the mixer, get away from the low end stuff, looking to pick up a xone 92 or even a db2 would be sweet.

Marva Cupid
*UPDATE*

IMG_5985.jpg

Pictured :
2xtraktor kontrol x1 ( one sitting on the UDG z1 hardcase, and the other on the native instruments case)
Behringer ddm4000
American audio radius 3000 for the occational time i play a cd or friends music from a usb.

Not pictured:
old numark dd turntable
Lappy bag, which can surprisingly can hold all but the mixer and cdj, which i dont take out anyway.

The next thing to upgrade for me will be the mixer, get away from the low end stuff, looking to pick up a xone 92 or even a db2 would be sweet.
Marva Cupid
My set up befor the maschine.

389683_300211510072503_562608648_n.jpg

also just bought a Denon DN-X1500 to replace the korg, got it for a steal, $200 off ebay
Marva Cupid
Hey guys,
pretty fun setup, nothing two out of the ordinary though.

*UPDATE*
IMG_5985.jpg

Pictured :
Behringer ddm4000

Not pictured:
old numark dd turntable

Marva Cupid
yeah, they have little level meters on them, they look great, and sound great.
Corey Ganer
Am I right to assume your speakers have DB meters integrated? That looks awesome
Marva Cupid
*UPDATE*

IMG_5985.jpg

Pictured :
Behringer ddm4000

Not pictured:
old numark dd turntable

Marva Cupid
Basically I had the maschine routed so that it came out both channels of the soundcard, and then a deck out of each. so nomatter which side the crossfader is on u can always use maschine and then just mix normally.
I have recently bought a four channel mixer though. so I just split the two channels into four and then just use an output for maschine. if that makes sense.
Nereida Stidd
nice setup!!!
Carmelo Politowicz
Hopefully this makes sense, but is the maschine connected at any way through the mixer? I didn't really understand your comment about it being connected directly through the audio 4 (I mean, I get that), but how is the sound being routed? I guess, with a two channel mixer, is the final sound being re-routed through the mixer and then to the amp, or is the maschine/audio 4 connected directly to the amp and that way when the maschine is sending audio, it's just going to the speakers instead of having some other gain control?

I am asking because I just purchased a maschine, and while I am more interested in it's beat production capabilities, I would also find it fun to incorporate into my set up, which is very simply two Technics 1200's and a Korg Zero 4 mixer with TSP2 with some control vinyl. I used the onboard efx since I don't have any controllers - although I believe there is a way to make the Korg send midi to control the efx banks in TSP, but I haven't really figured out how to make that work yet, so I am very much in the stone ages I feel. Thanks.
Marva Cupid
It isn't to hard, basically i took some usb game controllers (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Black-USB...item4167c1244f) and attached arcade buttons to the contacts inside. I couldn't find any good quality 10k pots or faders in Australia, so i ordered them off Element14.
Then for the case i tried to make it look like the old custom midi fighter, i took perspex, and sat there with a small saw and a set if micro flies for about five hours straight.
Software wise, on mac i used junxion, and when i had windows i used fergo midi joystick, although fergo seemed to crash alot.
Hope this helped you.
Tobi Rabuse
Can you post a tutorial or something on how you made you Midi Fighter. I live in Australia also and it's expensive to get all the proper parts shipped so I was wondering what trickery you actually used.
Marva Cupid
My set up befor the maschine.

389683_300211510072503_562608648_n.jpg

also just bought a Denon DN-X1500 to replace the korg, got it for a steal, $200 off ebay
Marva Cupid
hahaha, good question. Dad works for vodafone, and he got a whole lot from work one day.
Sally Walkowiak
Why do you have so many iPhone boxes?
Marva Cupid
Yeah i enjoy it ], although believeing to moving to something with a few more channels as i have aquired afew more bits of gear since i made this video. Ohh and no more midifighter.
Terra Merigold
Nice Setup. Always thought that would be a fun mixer to own. Good work on the self made midi fighter..

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy