Stewe's Traktor setup

Stewe's Traktor setup
Posted on: 30.04.2013 by Kellie Myrum
Hey guys,

It's been a while now that I'm member of community and I'm glad to share a few pics of my Traktor setup with all of you.

I started with this guy, the good old Behringer BCD3000! Although this is not the original unit because someone permanently damaged it with full glass of coke so I needed to get another. Took it in used condition for around 50$ and it still works very well, pretty solid unit for it's price

Made some mappings for 3k in a while back:

http://www.traktorbible.com/freaks/m...ew.aspx?id=206
http://www.traktorbible.com/freaks/m...ew.aspx?id=392
http://www.traktorbible.com/freaks/m...ew.aspx?id=429

Soon after that I had this small DIY project and made myself the arcade button controller to add more expression to my mix so I mapped some of instant effects and hotcues. I'm planning to add another row of buttons there and full LED feedback, well, one day... I'm also considering to order the Livid Brain junior in there to install some RGB LED's and even build bigger box so I could add some knobs as well.

Here are some more pics of my current setup:

Stewe,
Nga Mcquarter
Originally Posted by Stewe
The MM-1 is really nice. Faders are solid and that's most important for me, the rotary pots are made of plastic and feel a bit loosed but the buttons are great - I believe this buttons will last for long time. I have an issue that my MM-1 seem to be picking some voltage from the USB once I unplug the DC from the unit (dimmed LED) so I need to unplug the USB as well to shut them off. Although, this is the pre-production model that I have and most likely and hopefuly this issue is not present in production units. As for original knobs, they are plastic with soft touch finish and fader caps are really nice - now with glow-in-dark faders on my MM-1 I took that original caps and placed them on CNTRL:R where they fit perfect. The body is also plastic and has thin metal plate finish on the top.

I'd say it's fear price for the quality you're getting with CMD controllers. If you're looking to finger drum I wouldn't suggest you to get DC-1 due the pads are clicky/hard to trigger and express yourself as easy as you could do using the MIDIfighter for fast finger drumming or beat juggling.. For just launching clips, samples and other transport controls DC-1 is good choice.

PL-1 is I like the most (check out my mappings link for the traktor mapping I'm using it with).
thx for the fast and incredibly good answer now it's time for me to work on my own and check what would fit me better, but I believe that anyways I'll pick the MM-1, maybe also the PL-1 and the DC-1, but only maybe xD
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by LoveBeat
ohh, you're welcome! we need to keep the good vibes in the community

I might be looking at the OHMRGB, I believe it's a beast and I could use it for both DJing and production

last question!! xD How's that MM-1 treating you? One of the most cheap solutions I could find was MM-1 with PL-1 and DC-1 (mixer with deck control and fingerdrum), and then buy the Audio2DJ in order to get traktor, in order to make typical DJing, also with remix decks and stuff, then maybe map a modifier in the MM-1 in order to control in one page mixer functions and in the other FX controls...? (I believe I need FX knobs, I couldn't work with Instant Gratification, at least for now... whatever). Do you like those CMD series controllers? good build quality? how are the original knobs and faders? (cause it would be a little bit hard to buy chroma caps from spain, shipping is EXPENSIVE) please tell me your experience with them thanks a loot man!
The MM-1 is really nice. Faders are solid and that's most important for me, the rotary pots are made of plastic and feel a bit loosed but the buttons are great - I believe this buttons will last for long time. I have an issue that my MM-1 seem to be picking some voltage from the USB once I unplug the DC from the unit (dimmed LED) so I need to unplug the USB as well to shut them off. Although, this is the pre-production model that I have and most likely and hopefuly this issue is not present in production units. As for original knobs, they are plastic with soft touch finish and fader caps are really nice - now with glow-in-dark faders on my MM-1 I took that original caps and placed them on CNTRL:R where they fit perfect. The body is also plastic and has thin metal plate finish on the top.

I'd say it's fear price for the quality you're getting with CMD controllers. If you're looking to finger drum I wouldn't suggest you to get DC-1 due the pads are clicky/hard to trigger and express yourself as easy as you could do using the MIDIfighter for fast finger drumming or beat juggling.. For just launching clips, samples and other transport controls DC-1 is good choice.

PL-1 is I like the most (check out my mappings link for the traktor mapping I'm using it with).
Nga Mcquarter
Thanks for positive vibes LoveBeat. If youre a lovebeat a could definitely call myself a lovemap

OHM RGB is their best sell product far as I know dude. Used by many professionals all over the world and proved. If they had any technical issues I'm sure it's nothing that support ticket can't take care of. Except for taking it for a swim

I might be looking at the OHMRGB, I believe it's a beast and I could use it for both DJing and production

last question!! xD How's that MM-1 treating you? One of the most cheap solutions I could find was MM-1 with PL-1 and DC-1 (mixer with deck control and fingerdrum), and then buy the Audio2DJ in order to get traktor, in order to make typical DJing, also with remix decks and stuff, then maybe map a modifier in the MM-1 in order to control in one page mixer functions and in the other FX controls...? (I believe I need FX knobs, I couldn't work with Instant Gratification, at least for now... whatever). Do you like those CMD series controllers? good build quality? how are the original knobs and faders? (cause it would be a little bit hard to buy chroma caps from spain, shipping is EXPENSIVE) please tell me your experience with them thanks a loot man!
Kellie Myrum
Man it seems dope dope dope!! It's so cool what you're doing! I really like it! I'd try to do it if I had the money to buy cool controllers... and to buy traktor xD. But everything will come along.
Thanks for positive vibes LoveBeat. If youre a lovebeat a could definitely call myself a lovemap

Is the livid's stuff good quality? I've been doing research on the OHMRGB Slim but I've read too many complains about it...
OHM RGB is their best sell product far as I know dude. Used by many professionals all over the world and proved. If they had any technical issues I'm sure it's nothing that support ticket can't take care of. Except for taking it for a swim
Nga Mcquarter
I'm still in mapping stage for this controller and actually have one mode reserved for focus remix deck and slice to remix deck. I have double deck focus, beatjumps/slicer, mixer, loop rec, prep tool, browse, IG, slicer and unit selector already mapped and running. There's a psy gig next week when I'll give this mapping a go.

Also gonna make two simple track/remix deck mappings to release in wild before this ultimate should be ready.
Man it seems dope dope dope!! It's so cool what you're doing! I really like it! I'd try to do it if I had the money to buy cool controllers... and to buy traktor xD. But everything will come along.

Is the livid's stuff good quality? I've been doing research on the OHMRGB Slim but I've read too many complains about it...
Kellie Myrum
The livid base is INSANE! I love it! Do you use them for the remix decks?
I'm still in mapping stage for this controller and actually have one mode reserved for focus remix deck and slice to remix deck. I have double deck focus, beatjumps/slicer, mixer, loop rec, prep tool, browse, IG, slicer and unit selector already mapped and running. There's a psy gig next week when I'll give this mapping a go.

Also gonna make two simple track/remix deck mappings to release in wild before this ultimate should be ready.
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by Jester
BCD3K was actually supposed to be my first controller, but i drank my tech allowance
Haha can't tell how many of first controller went down the pipe I actually gave my whole month pay check to get mine.

Originally Posted by tekki
You got two? DAYUMN SON!
Damn awesome combo eh bro?

I've spent past few days making my custom mapping which will be pretty complex so I'm currently using the second one as a modifier state display feature to keep me looking of the screen and still have a track on all my modifiers.
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by mdcdesign
Needs more buttons Stewe.

Plenty enough buttons to start the robot army.
Nga Mcquarter

thx for the fast and incredibly good answer now it's time for me to work on my own and check what would fit me better, but I believe that anyways I'll pick the MM-1, maybe also the PL-1 and the DC-1, but only maybe xD
Kellie Myrum

Nga Mcquarter

Kellie Myrum

Nga Mcquarter

Kellie Myrum

Nga Mcquarter
Random X
Yups, big and bulky, while being amazingly light, and deliver extreme big for buck!
Kellie Myrum
Sounds great Les. I'm really loving all the stuff coming from Behringer BC series

Cool designs!
Random X
Wow, nice.... I am getting back to my BCR roots to be honest.
Kellie Myrum
BCD3K was actually supposed to be my first controller, but i drank my tech allowance
Haha can't tell how many of first controller went down the pipe I actually gave my whole month pay check to get mine.

Originally Posted by tekki
You got two? DAYUMN SON!
Damn awesome combo eh bro?

I've spent past few days making my custom mapping which will be pretty complex so I'm currently using the second one as a modifier state display feature to keep me looking of the screen and still have a track on all my modifiers.
Random X
You got two? DAYUMN SON!
Latoria Kavulich
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by mdcdesign

Plenty enough buttons to start the robot army.
Doreen Schurle
Kellie Myrum
Major update in my traktor setup

Livid Instruments BASE

... and some fresh Chroma Caps for my MM-1

Kandi Odom
Really sweet setup!!! Also is great to see a Techno lover here on DJTT!!!
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by ProfessorStrangeman
You just won the rights to all my imaginary points I've racked up on all my accounts. All my Reddit Karma, all my Fallout XP, just take them. You've won.
lol! Thanks mate, just paste and I'll store them :P
Wilton Keuning
Yeees that is correct. I mainly mix techno and that sticker came with my CNTRL:R. I'm glad you dig it
You just won the rights to all my imaginary points I've racked up on all my accounts. All my Reddit Karma, all my Fallout XP, just take them. You've won.
Kellie Myrum
nice one! BCD 3K is still pretty badass after all these years
Thanks! I absolutely love BCD3000 unique control layout, can be mapped in various ways and it still keeps simplicity and intuitiveness. I owe most of my mapping skills to this guy!

I keep wondering if Behringer will come up with updated BCD4000 at some point... Would love to see new product from BCD family.

Originally Posted by ProfessorStrangeman
Is that a Plastikman sticker I spy on your CMD MM-1????
Yeees that is correct. I mainly mix techno and that sticker came with my CNTRL:R. I'm glad you dig it
Wilton Keuning
Is that a Plastikman sticker I spy on your CMD MM-1????
Latoria Kavulich
nice one! BCD 3K is still pretty badass after all these years
Kellie Myrum
I'll have pic of my full setup for sharing tomorrow.

BTW, here is the mix from last year competition

http://www.mixcloud.com/djttcommunity mixcomp12/techno-2/
Wilton Keuning
Originally Posted by julamy0109
Could we get a big picture of your whole setup?
That.
Judi Sissel
It's sad, but I've been waiting to see your setup thread. Figured it would look something like this...

Do you have a link to the mix you won the lasts years mix comp with? Loved that mix!
Jorge Furber
Looks great! I'm all about the DIY part! Could we get a big picture of your whole setup?

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy