BradCee's new 'Battle Station' (better name pending)

Home :: What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup. :: BradCee's new 'Battle Station' (better name pending)Reply
BradCee's new 'Battle Station' (better name pending)
Posted on: 03.08.2012 by Dorcas Bassignani
So i've ditched the VCI, and switched to external mixing and a modular setup - the all-in-one thing wasn't doing it for me anymore.

I'm now running a pair of Reloop Contours and Numark M6 4ch mixer - the Reloops aren't that bad tbh and once you get over the small paddles for effects and lack of pitch fader (there's a knob instead) they can be great fun

Only problem now is my busted ass win 7 (formerly vista) laptop that is struggling with TP2.5, upgrade in a couple of weeks though

le pic;
WP_000084.jpg
Dorcas Bassignani
Originally Posted by Coldfuzion
Welcome back Brad! I was wondering how you liked your mixer. I just shelled out all the cash I can really afford to spend on CDJ's and need a budget mixer to use them with and I was actually looking into the Numark M6 that you're using. Any feedback on how you like it or what you dislike would be appreciated!
tbh for the money it's almost perfect as no frills mixers go, solid build, knobs and faders are pretty much spot on and smooth. only real complaint is the steeper fader curve hasn't got as much of a cut as i would like, some slight fade at the edges - if i wanted that i'd use the softer curve. also the x-fader select knobs are a bit stiff, but that does stop accidental reassignment.
Latoria Kavulich
Originally Posted by BradCee
loving the extra space on an actual mixer, lol
i hear ya
Random X
I can only imagine. The VCI was such a crowded controller!
Dorcas Bassignani
Originally Posted by zimfella
Hey brad, have you done a custom tsi for the reloops? If so I'd be interested to give it a try please.
i haven't tweaked the map on these
tbh they are exactly what i'm after - unlike my vci that changed all the time

Originally Posted by sarasin
Hey Brad....good to see you back here.

All in one systems are balls. I have the hybrid setup now too.

good to be back

Ciara Cuttill
Originally Posted by padi_04
Unless you are desperate for cash, do it
x2!!!
Shira Narwold
Cool! Finally someone else who uses an M6!
Dorcas Bassignani
Originally Posted by Coldfuzion
Welcome back Brad! I was wondering how you liked your mixer. I just shelled out all the cash I can really afford to spend on CDJ's and need a budget mixer to use them with and I was actually looking into the Numark M6 that you're using. Any feedback on how you like it or what you dislike would be appreciated!
tbh for the money it's almost perfect as no frills mixers go, solid build, knobs and faders are pretty much spot on and smooth. only real complaint is the steeper fader curve hasn't got as much of a cut as i would like, some slight fade at the edges - if i wanted that i'd use the softer curve. also the x-fader select knobs are a bit stiff, but that does stop accidental reassignment.
Latoria Kavulich
i hear ya
Carlee Pickard
Random X
I can only imagine. The VCI was such a crowded controller!
Hanna Ridenbaugh
yeah i thought the map for them is good, only thing i've changed so far is the pan knob to Amyphones freeze delayed woosh chained effect. And the effect buttons 2/3 for decks to preview player and scroll through preview player.
Dorcas Bassignani
Hey brad, have you done a custom tsi for the reloops? If so I'd be interested to give it a try please.
i haven't tweaked the map on these
tbh they are exactly what i'm after - unlike my vci that changed all the time

Originally Posted by sarasin

good to be back

Lilliana Perris

Hanna Ridenbaugh
Latoria Kavulich
Noodles taste so good .. maybe not after a year and the added buyers remorse but hey ..
Ciara Cuttill
x2!!!
Random X
+60!
Nedra Fresneda
Dorcas Bassignani
woop! new laptop, i5 processor and 6GB ram!!

tempted to keep old one, grab a midi thru box and try run some kind of 'mostly robot' style midi synced visuals as a side project
Random X
Go for it, trust me, it's one of _the_ most underestimated setups I know of, today.
Tilda Hoage
those reloop contour looks very nice.. very nice setup.. im believeing of doing something similar..
Random X
Great to hear mate, great to hear!
Dorcas Bassignani
Originally Posted by tekki
Been way too long bro'!

Glad to see you amidst us again. Doing quite well, the girls are growing up steadily and the fiancee is awesome.
Music wise, doing well. Working on a nice few tracks that we hope to push for EP material.
And expecting an MC-303 to join my setup.

Yourself?
sounds good mate

i'm all good, moved into new place with new gf and due a payrise at work soon, things are going well tbh

Welcome back mate! Sexy looking rig

thanks dude!

lol
Random X
Tekki! long time no see! how you doing man?
Been way too long bro'!

Glad to see you amidst us again. Doing quite well, the girls are growing up steadily and the fiancee is awesome.
Music wise, doing well. Working on a nice few tracks that we hope to push for EP material.
And expecting an MC-303 to join my setup.

Yourself?
Nedra Fresneda
Welcome back mate! Sexy looking rig

Dorcas Bassignani
thanks Jest
Latoria Kavulich
Long time no footrub brad nice lookin' mixer ya got there
Dorcas Bassignani
Nice setup. Cool to see some contours, very underrated controllers
they are, most reviews i read didn't seem to be showing much love for them, it feels a little bit like a budget A&H setup
Hanna Ridenbaugh
Nice setup. Cool to see some contours, very underrated controllers
Katelyn Hoctor
that's a good point, you'd lose fader fx if you drop the vci - unless you keep purely as an fx box, but that seems a bit ott
id be selling the vci to fund the mixer id start using my MF more again for effects its kinda sat barely used atm coz of fader fx, if i dont go the mixer route im believeing of selling the MF and getting an F1 so i can use remix decks properly
Dorcas Bassignani
Tekki! long time no see! how you doing man?
Random X
Nice setup bro'!

The Contours are awesome controllers!
Dorcas Bassignani
that's a good point, you'd lose fader fx if you drop the vci - unless you keep purely as an fx box, but that seems a bit ott
Katelyn Hoctor
i sometimes use them depends on my mood but most of the time its a sync and then pitch fader to return to default after bringing the track in so i could manage without them and do sometimes as i use fader fx mode a fair bit
Dorcas Bassignani
ah, was trying to figure out IE, lol, kinda obvious in hindsight. tbh as I moved from a similar setup (vci 1.4 and dicers) to a 2xcontour i'm a bit biased in opinion, but honestly believe it was the best move for me, depends on your play style really.
do you actually use the pitch faders as pitch faders for beat matching? i ended up using mine as faders for c & d channels and lazily used sync (my defence is i learned on turntables over 10 years ago so i deserve to be lazy). cos if your not using for them for mixing you might not miss them that much, i really only used mine to change the tempo of the overall mix when i had them.
Katelyn Hoctor
its Mk1 with 1.4 firmware and interface atm is a contour interface edition so i actually have 3 jogs currently and yeah id agree with your analysis of the jogs.
Dorcas Bassignani
mk 1 vci or mk 2? what sound interface you running atm? cos for the little bit extra on the interface contour you get 4xstereo out, absolute bargain imo
the jogs on the contour are surprisingly good, little less weight that vci, but just as responsive, but you may miss having 2 jogs. moving onto an external mixer feels so much less cramped too
Katelyn Hoctor
im on 2 decks but do like arcade button mashing hence having a MF myself, im believeing of getting rid of my vci100 and getting a mixer and controller version of the contour to go with my IE but the lack of pitch fader is my only thing stopping me and the jogs on the vci feel nicer to me
Dorcas Bassignani
tis the idea

never got into the arcade button mashing thing, prefer a simple 4 deck mixing set-up - not a massive fan of the sample decks these days tbh either...
Katelyn Hoctor
nice simple setup

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy