Liambo's setup - The start of going digital!

Home :: What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup. :: Liambo's setup - The start of going digital!Reply
Liambo's setup - The start of going digital!
Posted on: 09.09.2012 by Palma Hanslip
So after years of being pure vinyl and CDJ, i'm in the middle of shifting over to Traktor (DVS). Trying to bring Touch OSC and Ableton into play aswel along with Maschine (Maschine not pictured).. Considering Serato with the Bridge but will see how that goes!

In the middle of trying to get the iPad with TouchOSC into play and added the RMX1000 about 2-3 months ago.. Got the Maschine on the side also but not in view.
Plans in the next few weeks are to mount the CDJ on stands each side of the MBP.

Latest Images:

Kasandra Kreindler
Originally Posted by fokaisnake
What stand are you using for your RMX?
Looks like a black stanton uberstand
Palma Hanslip
Originally Posted by fullenglishpint
I'm with you on that and I kinda wish I had a DJM-900 for the pro DJ link and proper send return, but I wouldn't swap my DB4 for anything.
I know what you mean! I wouldn't swap it either, just wish that Pioneer released the mixer with the pro DJ Link included

Originally Posted by tekki
As long as it works! I like to keep things as simple as well. It often works best!
It definitely works, if i feel adding Touch OSC is over complicating it i will just take it straight out and implement it into production instead. Your right simple is best hence why i'v stuck with vinyl/CDJ for so long.
Random X
Originally Posted by Liambo
Yeah your right, i already was digital but ya get what i mean Thanks dude! It looks more than what it actually is, it's quite a simple setup to work your way around
As long as it works! I like to keep things as simple as well. It often works best!
Tatum Ansaldo
I really want to see how tight the RMX, DJM900 and CDJ Nexus integrates with each other.
I'm with you on that and I kinda wish I had a DJM-900 for the pro DJ link and proper send return, but I wouldn't swap my DB4 for anything.
Palma Hanslip
Yeh I'll be there, I started a thread about it a while ago. Got a very similar plan to you actually, believe I'm driving up with a mate and my girlfriend's off to Birmingham while I coo over new shiny. We should meet up.
I really want to see how tight the RMX, DJM900 and CDJ Nexus integrates with each other. I definitely believe we should meet up. I did keep an eye on the community last year for people but couldnt find much mentioned on it

Originally Posted by IznremiX
deadly set up dude!
Thanks!

You already had CDJs, so you were already digital.

Just having fun, awesome setup bro'!
Yeah your right, i already was digital but ya get what i mean Thanks dude! It looks more than what it actually is, it's quite a simple setup to work your way around
Palma Hanslip
Update 1.10.13

Not much has changed this year but things have changed since i last posted photos..

I've built a stand for my CDJ's and RMX which is pretty solid. Have the Macbook Pro off to the side as i don't like having it in front of me and have my 1200's close to me which i enjoy! I also have my trusty glass head for holding my headphones!

I disconnected my 1200s which are in new condition to test 1210s i purchased a few year ago before a gig on Thursday as i had refurbished them and not tested them since. The all black looks good but still prefer my 1200s! You can also see my Tetris blocks at the right!

One last image of my 1210s and Macbook at the gig i mentioned above. The first time i've properly used Traktor out!

Kasandra Kreindler
Originally Posted by fokaisnake
Looks like a black stanton uberstand
Nevada Edgette
Rose Schneeberg
So awesome
Palma Hanslip
How my setup currently stands - Updated to the DJM900 Nexus and CDJ2000 Nexus'. I was deciding on what mixer to get for around 2 months. Very unsure but happy with my decision.

Got two Technics 1200 mk2's still at each side and the X1 inbetween the right CDJ and the right Tech. The 1000 will be going on Friday and then going to be building some sort of stand for my CDJ2000's so my 1200's can lay closer to the mixer.

Not really using Traktor no more but if i do it will be 100% on my TT's rather than CDJ's now that i have USB/SD/RB possibilities.

Will get some more images soon
Palma Hanslip
Thanks for the compliment
Ossie Pooley
Really nice set up mate
Palma Hanslip
I know what you mean! I wouldn't swap it either, just wish that Pioneer released the mixer with the pro DJ Link included

It definitely works, if i feel adding Touch OSC is over complicating it i will just take it straight out and implement it into production instead. Your right simple is best hence why i'v stuck with vinyl/CDJ for so long.
Random X
Tatum Ansaldo
I really want to see how tight the RMX, DJM900 and CDJ Nexus integrates with each other.
Palma Hanslip
Yeh I'll be there, I started a thread about it a while ago. Got a very similar plan to you actually, believe I'm driving up with a mate and my girlfriend's off to Birmingham while I coo over new shiny. We should meet up.
I really want to see how tight the RMX, DJM900 and CDJ Nexus integrates with each other. I definitely believe we should meet up. I did keep an eye on the community last year for people but couldnt find much mentioned on it

Originally Posted by IznremiX
deadly set up dude!
Thanks!

Random X

Valeri Holderness
deadly set up dude!
Tatum Ansaldo
Palma Hanslip
You fancy coming down to BPM Liam? I guess it's quite a long way for you...
I'm planning it, i was down last year with the girlfriend, she went shopping while i randomly walked around myself lol. Will be coming down with a mate that i'm trying to teach a bit. It is quite a long way though but enjoyable! You got any plans for BPM?
Tatum Ansaldo
You fancy coming down to BPM Liam? I guess it's quite a long way for you...
Palma Hanslip
I want to sell off a load of stuff like my old DJM-800, one of my 2 pairs of technics, the CDJs etc and pick up a pair of the new 2000nexus. I have quite enough in the way of FX processors not to need the software ones, and I believe those new 2000s look perfect for what I enjoy. I also spend way too much time staring at the laptop screen atm, so removing it seems like a good plan.
Understand what your saying mate! I'm with you on selling everything except the Techs! I own 2 1210's and 2 1200's and can't see myself ever selling any of them!

The 2000 Nexus do look pretty good! I believe that's the sensible option for me to go down once i want to upgrade (hence why i haven't bought any 2000's) but not sensible for my bank!

I understand what your saying about staring at the laptop that's what's starting to bother me already!
Tatum Ansaldo
I want to sell off a load of stuff like my old DJM-800, one of my 2 pairs of technics, the CDJs etc and pick up a pair of the new 2000nexus. I have quite enough in the way of FX processors not to need the software ones, and I believe those new 2000s look perfect for what I enjoy. I also spend way too much time staring at the laptop screen atm, so removing it seems like a good plan.
Palma Hanslip
Thanks FEP! I love your setup also! Very envious of you being able to get HID mode on the 850s and the DB4!

Yeah it's quite funny that we are doing that! I have spent long enough using vinyl and CDJ I just fancy dabbling in the waters of digital and see where it takes me! I want some sort of happy medium like James Zabiela..

What's your aims?
Tatum Ansaldo
Funny that we're going in opposite directions with similar gear - I'm in process of removing the laptop. Love your setup though, always have!

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy