Mike Vad's Setup: back again for the very first time

Home :: What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup. :: Mike Vad's Setup: back again for the very first timeReply
Mike Vad's Setup: back again for the very first time
Posted on: 30.09.2013 by Kristi Killingworth
I started out not knowing too much about DJing, so I started w/ the S4 mk1. Played a few places w/ it. Loved it. The Rane is the club's. I'm using it here b/c the S4 doesn't have XLR outs.

IMAG0642.jpg

Decided to start adding more pieces as I figured out midi mapping and such Maschine is in midi mode mapped to one shot fx, and the nanokontrol mapped to macro chained fx:

IMAG0714.jpg

More recently I've been mixing some deeper music, so I didn't need so much custom midi mapped stuff for fx, so I decided to splurge a bit and traded in the S4 for a xone 92 rotary, 2 X1s, an audio 8, and audio 2. I also realized that i was completely underutilizing maschine in a live setting if I was only using midi mode.

IMAG0814.jpg

Sorry about the poor picture quality. My phone kinda sucks
Kristi Killingworth
Originally Posted by Sandlag
Looks sweet. Is that that ball in cup game on your window sil?
That is indeed the cup and ball game. A friend of mine had one, and let me have a go on it. It's a very addictive, very useless hobby

Originally Posted by DJPushplay
love the set up! How do you use the maschine in your workflow?
I use it to put in some extra percussion if i believe a mix needs it. It's kind of useful when you want to also impov a fill. I really only use it if I play music that has a lot of space between the sounds, like deep house or tech house, otherwise it gets too busy. It's really a small part of my mixing workflow and it takes up a lot of space, so I'm debating not gigging w/ it anymore. The midi clock also occasionally drifts out of sync, and I am constantly nudging tracks to get them back in.
Kristi Killingworth
I started out not knowing too much about DJing, so I started w/ the S4 mk1. Played a few places w/ it. Loved it. The Rane is the club's. I'm using it here b/c the S4 doesn't have XLR outs.

IMAG0642.jpg

Decided to start adding more pieces as I figured out midi mapping and such Maschine is in midi mode mapped to one shot fx, and the nanokontrol mapped to macro chained fx:

IMAG0714.jpg

More recently I've been mixing some deeper music, so I didn't need so much custom midi mapped stuff for fx, so I decided to splurge a bit and traded in the S4 for a xone 92 rotary, 2 X1s, an audio 8, and audio 2. I also realized that i was completely underutilizing maschine in a live setting if I was only using midi mode.

IMAG0814.jpg

Sorry about the poor picture quality. My phone kinda sucks
Kristi Killingworth
Originally Posted by Sandlag
That is indeed the cup and ball game. A friend of mine had one, and let me have a go on it. It's a very addictive, very useless hobby

Originally Posted by DJPushplay
I use it to put in some extra percussion if i believe a mix needs it. It's kind of useful when you want to also impov a fill. I really only use it if I play music that has a lot of space between the sounds, like deep house or tech house, otherwise it gets too busy. It's really a small part of my mixing workflow and it takes up a lot of space, so I'm debating not gigging w/ it anymore. The midi clock also occasionally drifts out of sync, and I am constantly nudging tracks to get them back in.
Nichelle Loggia
Felipe Rasper
Great setup you've got there, love the rotary 92!
Hellen Mindrup
I really want that mixer
Macie Mcgorty
Marcelina Hanaway
dope

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy