Handbag's setup

Handbag's setup
Posted on: 31.08.2013 by Alphonse Hack
Home setup

What you can't see.
Traktor Audio 10
Peavey GPS 900 Amp
2 X Peavey Bins 15" with horns
Apple airport express (so I can use the system from my phone remotely)
The 1200's have had the click removed and quartz lock disabled as a personal preference.

Here's the prototype with the macbook hooked up and my old PMC 25
IMG_0298a.jpg

This is from the front so you can see the whole desk with doors open
IMG_0391b.jpg
Alphonse Hack
Now with the new lid before the veneer is applied. Might be waiting a while though as it seems the type I want is out of stock in NZ

IMG_0477a.jpg

IMG_0480a.jpg
Alphonse Hack
Originally Posted by Daily Crisis
You must need very long arms
Yeah it's probably not the most ergonomically efficient setup but I don't (read can't) scratch so it works fine for me. This really is more a piece of furniture than an optimum dj set up. Although it gets a lot of use.
Alphonse Hack
I purchased a couple of X1's. Therefor having to extend the tray.

Heres a pic of the progress thus far
IMG_0476a.jpg
Alphonse Hack
Originally Posted by Patch
Have you got a good guide for that? I've found a couple but nothing that I'd say are great...
I saw Panotaker post a link that explained the mod quite well. I actually didn't do the mod myself. I know a guy that fixes turntables all the time and has done the mod hundreds of time so I let got him do it rather than me blundering around with the soldering iron.

I've found it makes the platter more sensitive to dragging or twisting the spindle. I feel it's easier to nudge your track into time like this. I also got rid of the click. The downside.... no quartz lock light
Audry Tucson
Sick man
Alvin Finucane
wow, this is like a radio station set up. i dig it!!!
Lannie Kutay
ohhhh never knew that mixer existed.....obviously I'll have to buy one today!
Petra Arra
impressive! i wish i knew carpentry.
Beata Adamsky
Handbag this is a very great and nice work !!! Congrats !! :-)
Alphonse Hack
Now with the new lid before the veneer is applied. Might be waiting a while though as it seems the type I want is out of stock in NZ

IMG_0477a.jpg

IMG_0480a.jpg
Alphonse Hack
Originally Posted by Daily Crisis
Yeah it's probably not the most ergonomically efficient setup but I don't (read can't) scratch so it works fine for me. This really is more a piece of furniture than an optimum dj set up. Although it gets a lot of use.
Felipe Rasper
Such a cool setup/ booth!
Alycia Niederriter
Nadia Shelmadine
Forget the DJ setup. I love that Aarnio's chair!

Not really underestimating your setup. It's really nice and I have that mixer too.
Loyd Cilek
Lovely set up. Definitely got me drooling.
Alphonse Hack
I purchased a couple of X1's. Therefor having to extend the tray.

Heres a pic of the progress thus far
IMG_0476a.jpg
Rebbecca Fennell
very slick
Vallie Pac
The mod only requires a small pair of side cutters, a phillips screw driver, and a piece of electrical tape. You only need a soldering iron to undo the mod incase you don't like it. Taking the ball bearing out of the pitch control is more complicated. Personally, I like the click, so I don't mess with the pitch control on my tables. The mod is explained in detail in the link I posted. It also explains what the mod does. If you have any questions about it, just ask. I don't talk about removing the ball bearing out of the pitch control. That is a different mod all together.
Elnora Disanti
Great work!!!! This set up looks simple and clean. I like the rotary mixer
Alphonse Hack
Originally Posted by Patch
Have you got a good guide for that? I've found a couple but nothing that I'd say are great...
I saw Panotaker post a link that explained the mod quite well. I actually didn't do the mod myself. I know a guy that fixes turntables all the time and has done the mod hundreds of time so I let got him do it rather than me blundering around with the soldering iron.

I've found it makes the platter more sensitive to dragging or twisting the spindle. I feel it's easier to nudge your track into time like this. I also got rid of the click. The downside.... no quartz lock light
Brunilda Kora
Originally Posted by Handbag
Wish I had done the quartz lock mod years ago. It gets rid of that pesky pitch ditch.
Karleen Kuzel
Now that's what we call a setup..damn that is good.
Alphonse Hack
Thanks for all the positive responses. It was quite an effort to build and meant to go with the house and furniture. Building a cabinet for my records at present to match.

Wish I had done the quartz lock mod years ago. It gets rid of that pesky pitch ditch.

Pics with IMG_0392a.jpg, and without the top on IMG_0469a.jpg
Vallie Pac
Nice Table and Mixer. Extra points for doing the quartz lock mod to the 1200's. You must be an old skool DJ. If anybody is interested in the quartz lock mod, you can read all about it in my article here: http://www.new-line.nl/?i=62
Mora Sobieck
I Love!

That whole room and its furnishings look amazing.
Alphonse Hack
The mixer is a Vestax PMC 46 mk2. I actually found it brand new a few months back with was amazing and it completely suited the table which was built for a PMC 25 originally.

I built the table myself. I was trying to give it a retro 60's 70,s feel. It's MDF with a Mahogany veneer which is glued on.

Heres a pic from the the other side where you can see the legs.
IMG_0388a.jpg
Both sides have doors that open in. The Amp takes up most of the closer leg. The other I use for storage.
Johnna Callery
more details on the table...love all flush mount setups!
Len Lukawski
500 Points for the brilliant set up
2000 Points for calling yourself Handbag.

Corey Ganer
Neat! Which Vestax is this?
Lashay Walchak
+1 on the Vestax
Antonetta Wikel
Nice, clean and a rotary vestax FTW!!! That table is sick. Did you make that yourself or have it made?

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy