Tryst's lil Setup

Tryst's lil Setup
Posted on: 15.11.2013 by Norbert Thysell
Well time to contribute, this is my current setup. I've got them split between production and mixing. All Ikea stuffs too.

On the dj side of things I've been moving through setups pretty regularly. I guess it helps to keep it exciting for me? I started out with mixing on Ableton with an APC40 but that got dull pretty fast and I hated how uncustomizable the APC40 was without bomes or something, which was a evening mare to set up. Then I moved on to a DJM 400 and a launchpad with some funny Ableton routing to get 2 channels plus samples in through with the Mic channel, and then using the launchpad for clip launch and for tempo changes with some cool midi clip envelope automation.

2012-09-08 17.51.50.jpg

But I finally decided I had had enough with pre-arranged sets and got an X1 and Traktor Pro which I continued to use with the DJM400 (cause it's great), used that for about a year in Bristol.

When I came back to Vancouver I had the cash to upgrade and went all in on a DVS with the Z2 which was top, but I started getting tired of having to unplug my laptop from my desk and bring to over anytime I wanted a cheeky mix. So I've sold the turntables, picked up an F1 to keep me interested in the gap, and am now waiting to find a good deal on some pio CDJ's to use CD's or USB with mostly, while still being able to use them in an HID mode of some sort for traktor if I wanna get my more technical with the f1 and x1.

Production side is the HS80m monitors with Ableton running on a rMBP and then the lil MPK 25 hiding underneath and hasn't really changed much.

IMG_9853 small.jpgIMG_9745 small.jpgIMG_9859.jpgIMG_9761.jpgIMG_9807.jpg
Norbert Thysell
Well time to contribute, this is my current setup. I've got them split between production and mixing. All Ikea stuffs too.

On the dj side of things I've been moving through setups pretty regularly. I guess it helps to keep it exciting for me? I started out with mixing on Ableton with an APC40 but that got dull pretty fast and I hated how uncustomizable the APC40 was without bomes or something, which was a evening mare to set up. Then I moved on to a DJM 400 and a launchpad with some funny Ableton routing to get 2 channels plus samples in through with the Mic channel, and then using the launchpad for clip launch and for tempo changes with some cool midi clip envelope automation.

2012-09-08 17.51.50.jpg

But I finally decided I had had enough with pre-arranged sets and got an X1 and Traktor Pro which I continued to use with the DJM400 (cause it's great), used that for about a year in Bristol.

When I came back to Vancouver I had the cash to upgrade and went all in on a DVS with the Z2 which was top, but I started getting tired of having to unplug my laptop from my desk and bring to over anytime I wanted a cheeky mix. So I've sold the turntables, picked up an F1 to keep me interested in the gap, and am now waiting to find a good deal on some pio CDJ's to use CD's or USB with mostly, while still being able to use them in an HID mode of some sort for traktor if I wanna get my more technical with the f1 and x1.

Production side is the HS80m monitors with Ableton running on a rMBP and then the lil MPK 25 hiding underneath and hasn't really changed much.

IMG_9853 small.jpgIMG_9745 small.jpgIMG_9859.jpgIMG_9761.jpgIMG_9807.jpg

UPDATE 13/01/14
Still waiting to find a palatable deal on some CDJ's but got my hands on some TMA-1's for half price in the interim :3

2014-01-13 22.10.01.jpg
Norbert Thysell
You bet ^_^
Annalisa Shogren
What lighting is that? Ikea?
Norbert Thysell
Finally found some foam and isolated the monitors! I couldn't be assed to buy the pro auralex pads which is why I've put it off for so long but I definitely notice the difference just with some hand cut foam!
Lawana Mileto
Nice and clean this.

But isolate them yamaha's! You'll be amazed at the difference.
Charline Gossom
This is really cool, I love the lighting

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy