- Maschine MK2
- Midi Fighter 3D
- KRK Rokit RP8
- Traktor Audio 10
- Ikea DJ booth custom build
- MacBook Pro 15" retina, 2.6GHz i7, 512GB, 16GB
- MacBook Air 11", 1.8GHz i7, 256GB, 4GB

Link to full size image

This is my latest video of my first radio show with the gear in action, mixing tech house, deep house and techno:

Hulda Ramprasad
Originally Posted by HigherFi
I've found KRK 8's can be tamed quite nicely with a few minor mods and a dash of parametric EQ. The internal batting gets settled in the bottom corner during shipping [guessing] and, the slot port tuning can be improved upon. It's geared for max bass, but it will deliver far better if you just tend to it, a bit. Pull them apart, spread out that fill and make sure it's not blocking the port. I'll have to find the pix, but, I believe about 3 pencils/dowells in the port improved the midrange tuning handsomely. Just tape them together and slide them in to one side. They're not Dynaudio, or anything, but you can have them shooting way above their station in short order.
Interesting - that quote probably deserves its own thread.
Shan Bauerly
Originally Posted by cheef
Sadly they had to go.

As much as I loved the Denon 39's, I haven't regretted the additional outlay for the Pioneer's. In fact, they've been my best purchase so far.
Great rig!
Hulda Ramprasad
Originally Posted by doctoreasy
The glow from the LED on the 1210 looks awesome. But how come you got rid of the F1? Just wasn't working out well?
Cheers. Yea I've got a couple of LED's mounted under the laptop stand. I have it on rotation so the white control vinyl changes colour smoothly every few seconds.

I still have the F1, just not shown in the latest image. I've wanted to strip back and just give myself in front of me just what's necessary for a while without over complicating. It'll be re-introduced at some point, no doubt.
Hulda Ramprasad
Originally Posted by HigherFi
I've found KRK 8's can be tamed quite nicely with a few minor mods and a dash of parametric EQ. The internal batting gets settled in the bottom corner during shipping [guessing] and, the slot port tuning can be improved upon. It's geared for max bass, but it will deliver far better if you just tend to it, a bit. Pull them apart, spread out that fill and make sure it's not blocking the port. I'll have to find the pix, but, I believe about 3 pencils/dowells in the port improved the midrange tuning handsomely. Just tape them together and slide them in to one side. They're not Dynaudio, or anything, but you can have them shooting way above their station in short order.
Interesting - that quote probably deserves its own thread.
Shan Bauerly
dan samo
You're right, they are perfectly adequate And their bass signature/muddiness isn't really so much of a problem just for playback or mixing. An incredible set-up, nonetheless! I'm very envious. Hopefully going to get a 92 and the aforementioned Adam speakers this month, focusing on keeping an analogue signal-chain.

Will check your Youtube channel!
Hulda Ramprasad
I'm happy with the KRK's and have had them for a couple of years. To be honest, the wall backs onto a neighbours property so I can't pump too heavy or I'll start upsetting people - I mainly mix in headphones full-on so they're probably more than I actually need anyway.

I'm believeing of moving my set-up around - it's currently in a corner of my living room - and making a proper studio in one of the spare rooms. If I do that, then I may look at other monitors but it's not priority for now.

A few people have said about the KRK's not being the best, understood. For what I use them for, though, they're fine for me.
dan samo
Great set-up - however it's crazy that you have CDJ2k Nexuses, a DB4, and such other great gear, but you're still using entry-level monitors! The KRK RP8's add way too much heft in the low-end, in my opinion, and that range are only really good for beginner producers.

With the amount of investment you are making on your set-up, I would heartily recommend some Adam A7X or Yahama HS-series. Maybe even some Genelucs. It's the last thing on your perfect set-up list! Trust me, if you are playing vinyl or high-quality digital files especially, you WILL hear the difference. I feel like KRK's are way over-represented thesedays.
Hulda Ramprasad
Thanks for watching
Ericka Pippens
Always enjoy listening to some Cheef (Fuzed, etc.) It's great to get a static look at your setup. Clean and beautiful. Thanks for the pix and the inspiration.
Camille Scillieri
Every time I play on something with that many knobs and lights I get confused and actually play worse than if I just had 2 cd decks and a simple mixer. Still, look tits. Just would be wayyyyy too much going on for me to be able to use.
Shan Bauerly
Originally Posted by cheef
Sadly they had to go.

As much as I loved the Denon 39's, I haven't regretted the additional outlay for the Pioneer's. In fact, they've been my best purchase so far.
Great rig!
Gudrun Ferniza
Nice work as always my friend!! One Love
Hulda Ramprasad
Originally Posted by doctoreasy
The glow from the LED on the 1210 looks awesome. But how come you got rid of the F1? Just wasn't working out well?
Cheers. Yea I've got a couple of LED's mounted under the laptop stand. I have it on rotation so the white control vinyl changes colour smoothly every few seconds.

I still have the F1, just not shown in the latest image. I've wanted to strip back and just give myself in front of me just what's necessary for a while without over complicating. It'll be re-introduced at some point, no doubt.
Jeremiah Arvanites
Rufus Ondrick
it looks gorgeous
Felipe Rasper
Wow, that looks great!
Lawana Mileto
Nice and clean setup that! Do like a tidy setup.
Hulda Ramprasad
Set-up has changed a bit over the last few months, I've simplified a tad and added a 1210.

Hulda Ramprasad
Sorry, ThinAir - I don't recall getting an notification of this and appreciate I'm nearly a year late. ;-)

The desk is the Ikea build discussed on this here community .
Ngoc Ninow
Where did you get your stand from? I love it. Or are you going to make me very jealous and disappoint me, and tell me you made it yourself?

Looks sick, dude!

Great show by the way...*subscribed*!
Malorie Suriano
Digging it man! Love the setup and the music. Keep up the good work!
Hulda Ramprasad
Originally Posted by 0Notice
Where did the Denon CDJs go??
Sadly they had to go. Whilst they work in Hybrid with Traktor through timecode, there were various niggles that ultimately meant I needed tighter integration. The 2k nexus', with their Traktor certified status have given me that, along with the ability to continue to learn mixing without Traktor through Rekordbox.

Valeri Millstein
Where did the Denon CDJs go??
Hulda Ramprasad
Nah, easy enough. Piece of software, web cam, audio and you're off and running - assuming you have a server to stream to.
Arla Seniw
I just wondered if there was a lot of background set up or anything.

Ive seen people do it from their own computers/IP addresses.

DJTT should definitely do something similar.
Hulda Ramprasad
Cheers - yeah, last thing people want is a shit load of my voice and accent. It's cool that we have pretty much creative licence to do what we want on our shows, which is nice.

What do you want to know streaming wise? Flash Media Encoder in this instance, which is commonly used...
Arla Seniw
Really like the set up and the radio show mate!

Seems really well crafted and you don't talk too much (pet peave of mine)

Care to run us through your set up and logistics to be live streaming on another website/server?
Tatum Ansaldo
FYI I got my colour changing LED strips from amazon, about the same price. Remote control included as well.
Hulda Ramprasad
cpetticrew: been trying to find them on the online store from where I bought them, but I can't find them... I'll keep looking and post the link when I find it, but they're nothing overly special. I bought two sets, about
Judi Sissel
Fused 01 was great! It got me through work after lunch . Keep it cranking.
Tommy Thiner
That setup is sick! Im in the process of building a workstation for my new house. Although we dont have an Ikea anywhere close (which blows) I still managed to order some CAPITA brackets through Ikea online.

What kind on LED lighting did you use for your workstation?
Hulda Ramprasad
Originally Posted by pokerdawg
Awesome setup!

I subscribed to your channel a few weeks ago. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks bud, appreciated.
Hulda Ramprasad
Originally Posted by monogammee
Can't watch video at work, but the setup looks fantastic. I love how ordered and ergonomic everything is.
I'm a bit of a symmetry freak
Hulda Ramprasad
Originally Posted by NoizeuNit
loving your setup mate, checked out your Fused 1st episode yesterday was really great! you and i share very similar tastes in music, do you find F1 or maschine is better or what you use more for adding to the mix (filler, hi hats, etc etc)? ive been believeing about adding maschine to my setup almost solely for the step sequencer (id use maschine for production eventually), but also saving for some cdj 2ks. anyways glad you finally made a setup thread

also, you believeing of going xone K2 route since you have the db4 'n' all?
Thanks for your comments mate. I'm still fairly new to this (just over a year now), so feedback is appreciated - I'm still learning a lot...

For now I'm using Maschine purely as a MIDI controller, using the pads for loop setting, cue points, waveform zooms, plus loads of other stuff - the units 'page' functionality comes in handy to manage multi decks mappings.

Nah on the K2 - I know it links up well with the DB4 but I don't believe it'll give me anything extra.
Ardith Leabo
Awesome setup!

I subscribed to your channel a few weeks ago. Thanks for sharing!
Carisa Ridgel
Can't watch video at work, but the setup looks fantastic. I love how ordered and ergonomic everything is.
Kasandra Kreindler
loving your setup mate, checked out your Fused 1st episode yesterday was really great! you and i share very similar tastes in music, do you find F1 or maschine is better or what you use more for adding to the mix (filler, hi hats, etc etc)? ive been believeing about adding maschine to my setup almost solely for the step sequencer (id use maschine for production eventually), but also saving for some cdj 2ks. anyways glad you finally made a setup thread

also, you believeing of going xone K2 route since you have the db4 'n' all?

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy