What is the best amp and sound card on the market at the moment?

Home :: General Discussion :: What is the best amp and sound card on the market at the moment?Reply
What is the best amp and sound card on the market at the moment?
Posted on: 09.12.2013 by Alycia Niederriter
Hi DJTTers, yes, it's another one of these posts again.

My budget is about
nayit ruiz jaramillo
Originally Posted by Daily Crisis
All these mixed opinions......... is so fucking confusing.. .
Honestly dude, you are the ONLY one that is confusing yourself. Please for the love of God, put down the West End DJ catalogue, close this community and take a closer look at the controller you already have. It has a soundcard inside it.
Alycia Niederriter
Originally Posted by makar1
You don't seem to have any need for a high power amplifier or sound card at the moment. Do you have anything powering your Mordaunt speakers already?
My subwoofer
Dannie Dimora
Originally Posted by Patch
Well what's wrong with a little more...

Alycia Niederriter
Originally Posted by deevey
Oh also anyhow you'll notice bugger all difference with a decent and crap sound card on a $300 PA anyhow

Why not just post your ENTIRE budget for everything and what you want to be able to do rather than posting countless threads on individual pieces of gear you don't have a clue about ?

Honestly I believe you should stick with your Mix Track Pro, as I genuienly don't believe you have even almost "grown out of it" - you just have a serious case of GAS*

Get some cheapo $50 powered speakers for home use and spend some time at home learning how to hook that up correctly rather than shelling out on more gear.

IF it happens you are going to be playing at a party / field / event / school disco .. HIRE the gear until you are making money. Nothing worse than spending tons of money on speakers/amps etc that aren't up to the task and have them blow up after running for 10 hours in a forest rave.

Thats "Gear Acquisition Syndrome"
Thanks for your advice. I now have fuck loads of money lying around. Business cards
Lawana Mileto
Oh also anyhow you'll notice bugger all difference with a decent and crap sound card on a $300 PA anyhow

Why not just post your ENTIRE budget for everything and what you want to be able to do rather than posting countless threads on individual pieces of gear you don't have a clue about ?

Honestly I believe you should stick with your Mix Track Pro, as I genuienly don't believe you have even almost "grown out of it" - you just have a serious case of GAS*

Get some cheapo $50 powered speakers for home use and spend some time at home learning how to hook that up correctly rather than shelling out on more gear.

IF it happens you are going to be playing at a party / field / event / school disco .. HIRE the gear until you are making money. Nothing worse than spending tons of money on speakers/amps etc that aren't up to the task and have them blow up after running for 10 hours in a forest rave.

The man is talking sense!
Hellen Mindrup
Grr... All these mixed opinions about sound cards and how my basic set up should be is so fucking confusing.. I'm just going to do what works best for me.
Ok
Alycia Niederriter
Originally Posted by amadeus
But you keep asking for opinions, and everyone has different opinions so your gonna end up with a lot of options.

And you don't seem to be able to make your mind up about what set up you want, as your looking for a big controller too which will also have built in soundcard?

The audio two is a solid choice.
That is very true. Cheers man
Lawana Mileto
Grr... All these mixed opinions about sound cards and how my basic set up should be is so fucking confusing.. I'm just going to do what works best for me.
But you keep asking for opinions, and everyone has different opinions so your gonna end up with a lot of options.

And you don't seem to be able to make your mind up about what set up you want, as your looking for a big controller too which will also have built in soundcard?

Alycia Niederriter
You do realize that the controllers you've been asking about in the other thread decent sound cards
Rolanda Clodfelder
I just thought it would optimize my set up. (Obviously I'm a novice at this kind of shit)
You do realize that the controllers you've been asking about in the other thread have decent sound cards
Alycia Niederriter
Originally Posted by Polygon
No no no no why would you use an amp on powered speakers?
I just thought it would optimize my set up. (Obviously I'm a novice at this kind of shit)
Petra Arra
and you said that you have been DJing 3 years already? you should have already figured things out if you are really passionate in DJing.

if you want to ask for opinions then you will get plenty and will surely confuse you. get the one you always wanted (what you feel comfortable with and what you need) not what people believe what is better. and maybe do a research first before you ask, because its mostly common sense.

Best answer to your questions will be to just try those things out for yourself. go to a freaking store and test it. internet has made people lazy.
nayit ruiz jaramillo
All these mixed opinions......... is so fucking confusing.. .
Honestly dude, you are the ONLY one that is confusing yourself. Please for the love of God, put down the West End DJ catalogue, close this community and take a closer look at the controller you already have. It has a soundcard inside it.
Alycia Niederriter
Originally Posted by makar1
You don't seem to have any need for a high power amplifier or sound card at the moment. Do you have anything powering your Mordaunt speakers already?
My subwoofer
Dannie Dimora
Originally Posted by Patch
Well what's wrong with a little more...

Brunilda Kora
2 x 1,200 Watts into 2 Ohms
...in my bedroom
Alphonso Deitchman
Dannie Dimora
No this is not about opinions at all You DON'T couple an amp with powered speakers. Period. Active speakers have their own amps.
If you want to use an amp, especially a big chunky one like the Behringer, you need some passive 12s at least.
Alycia Niederriter

Thanks for your advice. I now have fuck loads of money lying around. Business cards
Lawana Mileto

The man is talking sense!
Hellen Mindrup
Ok
Alycia Niederriter

That is very true. Cheers man
Rolanda Clodfelder

Lawana Mileto

Alycia Niederriter
You do realize that the controllers you've been asking about in the other thread decent sound cards
Rolanda Clodfelder
You do realize that the controllers you've been asking about in the other thread have decent sound cards
Alycia Niederriter
Dannie Dimora
Alycia Niederriter
Originally Posted by funke
I'm assuming you are trying build a small mobile rig? Or this going to be for bedroom use?
Bedroom use. The amp was going to be mobile for both indoor and outdoor events such as woodlands and warehouses shit like that. But things came up... So yes bedroom use

BTW: I have an Acoustic Energy Aego-M
http://www.acoustic-energy.co.uk/#!aego/cgnd

120V Model - 120V @ 60Hz; 80VA, 240V Model - 240V @ 50Hz; 80VA, 90 Watts RMS total system power rating... What the fck are all these letters and numbers!?

Sub is 50Hz-250Hz
Satellites are 250Hz-16KHz (I'm only using one satellite as my center speaker, can just use my floorstanding speakers if needed)

Moudant-Short MS906

Couldn't find any specifications really. Apparently they are 150w RMS.

So do you reckon the amp will fry them?
Ninfa Mazariegos
I'm assuming you are trying build a small mobile rig? Or this going to be for bedroom use?
Ninfa Mazariegos
The ep2500's are some of the best products made by Behringer and one of the best bang for the buck. Are you set on using a passive system though? Why not some powered speakers like some Altos? The 12's can be had for $180 a pop. Can't beat em for the price.
Alycia Niederriter
Oh sorry, i mixed stuff up. I meant the tripath t-class amps. The t.amp is a thomann trademark. No experience with them
Ohh okay :P I believe I'm going to go with the t.amp any way as I got recommended them on Speakerplans community s and I can't find a EP2500 anywhere anyway.
Dannie Dimora
Oh sorry, i mixed stuff up. I meant the tripath t-class amps. The t.amp is a thomann trademark. No experience with them
Alycia Niederriter
[QUOTE=amadeus;664869]

It's just the bit where you said your paying for the brand, tickled me, as your really not the stuffs cheap as. It is a brand that has based the majority of it's products copying other brands, and they do not have a great rep. They use cheaper components which simply aren't that good.

Unfortunately I've had the experience of it's mixers.
Well, thank you. I'll consider purchasing better stuff in the future than Behringer. Anyway, I can't see a EP2500 around any where. the t.amp looks like the best bet and also it looks pokey as fuck.
Lawana Mileto
[QUOTE=Daily Crisis;664868]

Well, I suppose everyone's entitled to their opinions. I've heard a lot of good stuff about Behringer and bought some good stuff from them.
It's just the bit where you said your paying for the brand, tickled me, as your really not the stuffs cheap as. It is a brand that has based the majority of it's products copying other brands, and they do not have a great rep. They use cheaper components which simply aren't that good.

Unfortunately I've had the experience of it's mixers.
Alycia Niederriter
[QUOTE=amadeus;664867]
sI know that Behringer is an extremely good brand and I have never heard of t.amp, although saying that, am I just paying for the Behringer brand?QUOTE]

Seriously? brilliant!! I'm sorry to say but no Behringer is not an extremely good brand, it is however cheap and would like to say cheerful but it isn't.
Well, I suppose everyone's entitled to their opinions. I've heard a lot of good stuff about Behringer and bought some good stuff from them.
Lawana Mileto
[QUOTE=Daily Crisis;664865]sI know that Behringer is an extremely good brand and I have never heard of t.amp, although saying that, am I just paying for the Behringer brand?QUOTE]

Seriously? brilliant!! I'm sorry to say but no Behringer is not an extremely good brand, it is however cheap and would like to say cheerful but it isn't.
Alycia Niederriter
t-amps are fantastic. I built my fair share of small amps. Never had any experience with the bigger ones tho. If they sound as analog as the smaller ones, then you're set.
What will you be driving with it?
What do you mean driving? well, I'm believeing of going for the Behringer EP2500 as I know that Behringer is an extremely good brand and I have never heard of t.amp, although saying that, am I just paying for the Behringer brand? Well, as you're an expert in these things could you help a brother out and compare the two and see what's better? I already know that the TA1050 MK-X B Stock is x2 525w into 4ohms / x2 350w in to 8ohms... All the rest of the specifications is complete gibberish and meaningless letters and numbers to me.

Where as the Behringer is x2 1.2kw into 2ohms / x2 2.4kw in to 4ohms.

Basically the t.amp has less wattage and more ohms, whereas the Behringer has more wattage and less ohms. So which is better? Unless you can provide me with an even better amp? Cheers.
Dannie Dimora
t-amps are fantastic. I built my fair share of small amps. Never had any experience with the bigger ones tho. If they sound as analog as the smaller ones, then you're set.
What will you be driving with it?
Lawana Mileto
Well, indeed I do. Looking back at some previous threads on this community , I've noticed that the Audio 2 is very popular

Also, my mate at college has it and he says it makes his tunes sound 10 times better.. If you use this card, is this true?
Its a nice sounding card, believe it has the same converters as a4 and a8, so the sound is good and usable in a club, it isn't gonna make tracks sound 10 times better. Your mates talking up a bit more than he should.

I've got rid of mine, but it was a good bit of kit, that I used in my studio setup for over a year.

<< Back to General DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy