DJ Agencies

Home :: General Discussion :: DJ AgenciesReply
DJ Agencies
Posted on: 14.02.2013 by Sherie Lame
Hi everyone! Is there anybody heard about Dj Agency called Blumoo?They send me an application form, but they asking me to pay for my profile on their website monthly.
Can anybody reccomend me any good Dj agencies in the UK that is not scam?

I would be greatful for any information.

Many thanks!
Kristel Daume
Originally Posted by DJ Ade
Have been with Danco for a few months now they got me work ok but I've never been paid for it. They got me onto cruise ships and I know they have had the money from company but they ignore my emails and never answer phone.
Cruise Ships, wow thats cool, wouldnt mind a bit of that. Wouldn't even want paying if it didnt cos me anything. Where did you go on the cruise. Would love to play on a cruise ship
Shawn Vanhaitsma
Originally Posted by mdcdesign
Doesn't sound like a scam as such, just people trying to profit off the work of others without actually doing anything themselves, kinda like IamVIP and Picture-Pal in the photography scene.
Yep because their websites wrote themselves, pay their hosting fees for them, and maintain any issues that may arise. Wouldnt that be juicy
Nickolas Alencar
Originally Posted by city_boy07
Hope u get it sorted!!!

I'd still stay clear of agencies etc
Agreed if there charging you it's not an agency. A real agency won't charge you. It's just like any job agency you wouldn't walk into Reed looking for a job and pay them to find you one would you. These people know up and coming djs are vulnerable and want work and nick a bit of cash of you.
Nickolas Alencar
I looked at your website and u only had 2 on ur roster two!!

Pot kettle?

DJTTers wanna get booked? Network, network and network! No easy way it takes work
We have only just re-launched we don't need loads of djs its quality not quantity. Pot ? I don't understand your point.. This thread is about agency's charging and no work which is what charging agency's is all about. WE DONT CHARGE was my point. But yes the way to get work is to go out and find it. Its there if you look hard enough.
Hayden Raugh
Originally Posted by sowndboi
Yh see if anyone else had any bad shit with them,

Wanted my 6 month fee back, but no answer to emails, no fone number.. Wanna know who else has been done over
Hope u get it sorted!!!

Kristel Daume
U was with blumoo or w.e for 6 months then was googling them?

Wanted my 6 month fee back, but no answer to emails, no fone number.. Wanna know who else has been done over
Kristel Daume
Originally Posted by agency
more scam
First time in my life I've ever thought "oh ill reply to this" as you do on the net, and u always get a bunch on c**ks

Daftys

Oh and for the record, I was doing some research into blumoo and this community is on google nobs
Hayden Raugh
more scam

Pot kettle?

DJTTers wanna get booked? Network, network and network! No easy way it takes work
Kristel Daume
Originally Posted by Coldfuzion
Wow, that's really cool! Do you get club bookings? Or just like small parties, weddings, etc?
The bookings are for Clubs/Bars.. I've had a lot of requests for mobile work (Fashion Show events) etc but im more in my zone playing in the clubs and bars.. I'm always recommending them, been a big help to me
Nickolas Alencar
Just joined and 1 post....

Hmmmmmmmmmmm
more scam
Hayden Raugh
"Slightly Disagree"

i was with an agency for around 6 months (the one mentioned in this post) and i was not happy. didnt receive any bookings - they charged me monthly and all i got was a DJ profile?

i am now on the books at another UK Agency "Danco Agency for DJs" & "Club-DJs.net" and im really happy with the service they provide! very friendly staff, and my bookings diary is nearly always rammed.

the way i look at it, is i am paying Danco to promote me as a DJ for bookings, they dont act as my management, more of a PR Team, all im saying is not all DJ promotion agencies are pirates, im really chuffed with this company, and so are my 2 other DJ mates.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm
Kerstin Luehr
Have been with Danco for a few months now they got me work ok but I've never been paid for it. They got me onto cruise ships and I know they have had the money from company but they ignore my emails and never answer phone.
Nickolas Alencar
Any business costs a little bit to set its part of the game... 95% of djs that pay for these get NO! work. The point is people are setting them up to charge people to join knowing they'll be no work. And like the guy earlier when you want to speak to someone about it there gone or not interested.
Shawn Vanhaitsma
Originally Posted by mdcdesign
Doesn't sound like a scam as such, just people trying to profit off the work of others without actually doing anything themselves, kinda like IamVIP and Picture-Pal in the photography scene.
Yep because their websites wrote themselves, pay their hosting fees for them, and maintain any issues that may arise. Wouldnt that be juicy
Nickolas Alencar
Hope u get it sorted!!!

Agreed if there charging you it's not an agency. A real agency won't charge you. It's just like any job agency you wouldn't walk into Reed looking for a job and pay them to find you one would you. These people know up and coming djs are vulnerable and want work and nick a bit of cash of you.
Nickolas Alencar

Pot kettle?

We have only just re-launched we don't need loads of djs its quality not quantity. Pot ? I don't understand your point.. This thread is about agency's charging and no work which is what charging agency's is all about. WE DONT CHARGE was my point. But yes the way to get work is to go out and find it. Its there if you look hard enough.
Hayden Raugh

Hope u get it sorted!!!

Kristel Daume

Hayden Raugh
Kristel Daume
more scam
First time in my life I've ever thought "oh ill reply to this" as you do on the net, and u always get a bunch on c**ks

Daftys

Oh and for the record, I was doing some research into blumoo and this community is on google nobs
Hayden Raugh
more scam

Pot kettle?

Kristel Daume
Originally Posted by Coldfuzion
Wow, that's really cool! Do you get club bookings? Or just like small parties, weddings, etc?
The bookings are for Clubs/Bars.. I've had a lot of requests for mobile work (Fashion Show events) etc but im more in my zone playing in the clubs and bars.. I'm always recommending them, been a big help to me
Nickolas Alencar

Hmmmmmmmmmmm
more scam
Hayden Raugh
"Slightly Disagree"

i was with an agency for around 6 months (the one mentioned in this post) and i was not happy. didnt receive any bookings - they charged me monthly and all i got was a DJ profile?

i am now on the books at another UK Agency "Danco Agency for DJs" & "Club-DJs.net" and im really happy with the service they provide! very friendly staff, and my bookings diary is nearly always rammed.

the way i look at it, is i am paying Danco to promote me as a DJ for bookings, they dont act as my management, more of a PR Team, all im saying is not all DJ promotion agencies are pirates, im really chuffed with this company, and so are my 2 other DJ mates.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm
Carlee Pickard
"Slightly Disagree"

Kristel Daume
Originally Posted by The Mighty FV
Absolutely DO NOT pay to be on someones agency site - that is complete garbage and as another user said just a way for them to make money by not doing any work off your talent.

An agency will contact you and become your agent when you are in a position to make them money through your sets - the average is 10%, then 10% to your manager and so on.

Agents that ask for 'monthly fees' are nothing but pirates.
"Slightly Disagree"

Nickolas Alencar
^^^
exactly right
Joesph Kasian
Absolutely DO NOT pay to be on someones agency site - that is complete garbage and as another user said just a way for them to make money by not doing any work off your talent.

An agency will contact you and become your agent when you are in a position to make them money through your sets - the average is 10%, then 10% to your manager and so on.

Agents that ask for 'monthly fees' are nothing but pirates.
Nickolas Alencar
Originally Posted by Cook
A lot of London DJs got scammed last year by agencies, got uncovered by mixmag. Find out agencies used by people on here (havent heard of any so far) or ones your mates have used, go out and ask DJs at clubs if they use an agency.

Paying for agencies is very common, my mate used one once, paid
Dione Haimes
A lot of London DJs got scammed last year by agencies, got uncovered by mixmag. Find out agencies used by people on here (havent heard of any so far) or ones your mates have used, go out and ask DJs at clubs if they use an agency.

Paying for agencies is very common, my mate used one once, paid
Sherie Lame
If you did join them, what did they say is your resposability each month for this money?
and by the way...... how much per month are they charging anyway?
This is what they have send me via email!

SECTION 3

Please select which agency subscription you
Libbie Orion
personally i wouldnt pay them unless they produce something for you
a booking and they get a percentage of the pay
but just to have your profile on their site and thats it? how can you be sure they are actually trying to book you?

If you did join them, what did they say is your resposability each month for this money?
and by the way...... how much per month are they charging anyway?
Doreen Schurle
Originally Posted by Mixmaker
Hi everyone! Is there anybody heard about Dj Agency called Blumoo?They send me an application form, but they asking me to pay for my profile on their website monthly.
Can anybody reccomend me any good Dj agencies in the UK that is not scam?

I would be greatful for any information.

Many thanks!

<< Back to General DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy