technics Turntables - HONEST opinions required!!!

Home :: General Discussion :: technics Turntables - HONEST opinions required!!!Reply
technics Turntables - HONEST opinions required!!!
Posted on: 19.12.2013 by Brunilda Kora
Can anyone tell me why these turntables are NOT selling???

http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=71324
http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=71325

Is it just because they are over priced? What do you guys believe is a fair price for a pair of modded 1210's???

Genuinely interested in your opinion, guys (especially the UK massive!)
nayit ruiz jaramillo
Originally Posted by makar1
They would fly at 350 USD here in the UK too, as that's the going rate for standard non-modded Mk2s.
350$ is
nayit ruiz jaramillo
They would fly at 350 USD here in the UK too, as that's the going rate for standard non-modded Mk2s.
350$ is
nayit ruiz jaramillo
350$ is
nayit ruiz jaramillo
350$ is
nayit ruiz jaramillo
350$ is
nayit ruiz jaramillo
350$ is
nayit ruiz jaramillo
350$ is
nayit ruiz jaramillo
350$ is
nayit ruiz jaramillo
350$ is
Annalisa Shogren
Yeah, I must admit when I first saw these I was doubting whether you'd sell them at the price you were asking.

I believe personally if you can buy a nice standard set that has been calibrated and known to be fully functioning, then you're onto a winner.

I purchased my MK5s for
Hipolito Scionti
Too expensive matey for all the reasons above.

But basically too dear... if you drop to
nayit ruiz jaramillo
350$ is
Annalisa Shogren
Yeah, I must admit when I first saw these I was doubting whether you'd sell them at the price you were asking.

I believe personally if you can buy a nice standard set that has been calibrated and known to be fully functioning, then you're onto a winner.

I purchased my MK5s for
Hipolito Scionti

nayit ruiz jaramillo
350$ is
Annalisa Shogren

I purchased my MK5s for
Hipolito Scionti

Hellen Mindrup
Originally Posted by b1sh0p
You need to look harder, especially living in Chicago. They pop up on Craigslist for as low as $400 for the pair all the time.

To the Op: 1. You want too much for them.
2. If I wanted a modded pair, it's going to be my vision, not yours.
I have never really looked on Craigslist man, mostly eBay lol.
Sonja Roybal
Originally Posted by Kwal
I haven't seen any for this low, yet I haven't really searched too hard either. That's a nice price.
You need to look harder, especially living in Chicago. They pop up on Craigslist for as low as $400 for the pair all the time.

Lauretta Ehrhorn
I'd buy then in a heartbeat Patch but unfortunately I have a pair.
Lovely work mate.
nayit ruiz jaramillo
350$ is
Alphonso Deitchman
Gaynell Rydberg
I believe the problem is just that you live in the UK. Most of us are in the US.

Those would fly at 350 USD.
Len Lukawski
A few of suggestions:

1. Remove the decals if possible.
2. Find some different Slipmats. Plain white or black. The ones you have side great but they are really busy and and the look is leaning more towards your average turntablist. I know it's lame and people cognitively know you can replace mats for a couple of quid but buyers make rapid, irrational selection decisions on those details.
4 do a quick video. No music, very chilled out. Show the strobe, the anti skate, go through the features.

I know this is all cosmetic bs but it's the cosmetic bs that might make all the difference.

S

-
Annalisa Shogren

I purchased my MK5s for
Julissa Serrone
I believe these tables are awesome. Possibly if you were selling these in the US they might go quicker? Also I'd guess this site has more traffic regarding controllers than it does turntables....and the guys that have ore into 1200's probably already have a pair.

Either way, I believe they are a bad ass pair.
Hipolito Scionti

Ervin Calvery
A lot of you guys should check out the sticky with Xonetacular's insight on the used technics market. #truth

If you are without 1200s (shudder! ) and in the market for a pair, it's definitely worth it to check craigslist and ebay every day. It might pay to check out community 's sale sections as well, but not always.
Rolanda Clodfelder
But these are "rescue" Technics. I've nursed them back to great health, and made them presentable.
I can pick up a rescue dog in the pound for free once I convince them my home is a loving environment
Hellen Mindrup
Originally Posted by b1sh0p

I have never really looked on Craigslist man, mostly eBay lol.
Sonja Roybal
I haven't seen any for this low, yet I haven't really searched too hard either. That's a nice price.

Celestine Porebski
I don't believe you can really compare European and US 2nd hand prices. In Germany a pair of 1210s is usually around the 700€ mark
Lakeesha Storman
I looked for a while and $600 for a pair is a really good price for good ones. Based on my searching, $700 - $800 is a more typical price that I've seen, but that's not too much of a difference. I paid $850 from guitar center for my pair of 1210 MK II's, but they're in really good condition, and I like the piece of mind of having the 30 day return period in case anything is wrong. I know I could have gotten some in similar condition cheaper, but the peace of mind is what sold me on them. As it stands, I'd say it was one of the better investments I've made.

Regarding OP's post...customized or not, that's a hefty price and it's going to be tough as others have said to sell them because a non-customized set can be had for so much cheaper. Trust for used gear that's been customized to hell being sold on the Internet is not easily obtained and in many cases not worth the risk to pay so much more for most people.
Hellen Mindrup
Originally Posted by botstein
In the states, the going rate for a reasonable-condition pair is basically $600 (USD).
Antone Kazim
Originally Posted by kindaFAST
Absolutely not trying to jack the thread...don't even want to sell anything but I'm curious. I have a pair of PRISTINE 1200 mk2's, original boxes, dust covers, never opened up (the tech's themselves, not the boxes), zero mods, no stickers, kept in flight cases since day one. I dunno, maybe 200 hours of use. I completely understand the modification mentality. I track cars and understand fully that I'll never see that money back during resale but cars and turntables are really two completely different things. Patch's mods have improved the gear and made it better for everyday use where as putting a bigger turbo on a motor certainly isn't going to prolong the life of a car. Patch's mod do just that...keep the older gear up to date and preforming better. My question is, would people be willing to pay more, less or the same as what Patch is asking for what I have? Again, not selling, just interested.
Interesting point- to take it back to the car analogy it's like when you see an ultra-low mileage 25yr old classic car come up for sale at a high price. The only person willing to pay a big premium for it will be a collector who will wrap it up and basically keep it as a time capsule- because as soon as you started using it (adding mileage), the exclusivity (and hence value) falls.

As for your 1210s that analogy would probably only be true of a pair that were still in sealed boxes (as new). You would probably get a higher price for yours I would have thought, but maybe not a big premium. Hang onto them in that condition for a few years though and who knows?

I recently purchased a Mk2 here in the UK in similar condition (had apparently been purchased as a spare and hence only used a handful of times, totally original, kept in a flightcase and left in a cupboard for around 7 years)- I had no real way of proving the provenance beyond the usual 1210 checks but it certainly suggested it had lived a quiet life and was essentially immaculate- I purchased it for
Evalyn Voges
Yeah, I bought a pair of 1210s (individually) for a total of
Ervin Calvery
Hey Patch - These look very close to my own custom white 1200s. In the states, the going rate for a reasonable-condition pair is basically $600 (USD). Since you've customized them, you're asking for almost double that. A lot of pros have their 1200s already, and a lot of the kids on ranking s can't really afford paying double.
Brunilda Kora
Good condition originals are fetching good money. People tend to hold on to Tech's that are in good condition, and a lot of the ones that are available on ebay, etc, are usually quite bashed about from years of use. (Chips/scratches, etc...)

And everyone knows that Silver MKII's are the greatest Turntable ever made by anybody.
Orval Locascio
Absolutely not trying to jack the thread...don't even want to sell anything but I'm curious. I have a pair of PRISTINE 1200 mk2's, original boxes, dust covers, never opened up (the tech's themselves, not the boxes), zero mods, no stickers, kept in flight cases since day one. I dunno, maybe 200 hours of use. I completely understand the modification mentality. I track cars and understand fully that I'll never see that money back during resale but cars and turntables are really two completely different things. Patch's mods have improved the gear and made it better for everyday use where as putting a bigger turbo on a motor certainly isn't going to prolong the life of a car. Patch's mod do just that...keep the older gear up to date and preforming better. My question is, would people be willing to pay more, less or the same as what Patch is asking for what I have? Again, not selling, just interested.
Alycia Niederriter
I would love these if I had a spare

<< Back to General DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy