Reply to Taking care of speakers.

Taking care of speakers.
I've got a mackie mk2 mr5 studio monitors and for some reason I have damaged the speakers bass amplifier or what ever you call it twice and I dont know what exactly caused it.

The first speaker I had was damaged due to very loud music I used to play and later the bass just dissapeared. Then I got them replaced with the new ones and tryed to keep sound level's not too high, but later on one of the speakers started to pop and crack and it was the Bass, which dissapeared later on as well, ofcourse I'm getting them replaced.

Now what I want to find out is how to determinate how loud I could play the speakers on. For example I got a denon x1600 mixer and I can see the level's of db on every channel I play a track or any sound, and there is a main limiter who shows how loud in db's the sound is being played overall. Most of the time I was using these speakers on around +2 to +4db and maybe that caused the problem.

Since I cant play them out loud, after I get the replacement with new one's I might sell them and get something louder or more stable atleast.

Thanks for the feedback. Some of you might experienced this.
You need to login in order to write on our forum

<< Cancel

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy