Reply to Custom MF Classic based on ATMEGA32U2 (teensy dev board)

Custom MF Classic based on ATMEGA32U2 (teensy dev board)
Hey guys new to the community s but thought I'd share what I've been up to from just lurking in here for the past two months.

I had an AT90usb162 dev board from a previous project sitting around unused and thought that since the midifighter is built on a similar atmel chip I'd give it a go in building a shield for my dev board. So far it seems to work although I got the wrong footprint for the led driver on the board so I'm waiting on new led drivers that will hopefully fit and allow me to have a replica of the midifighter.

I was able to get the midifighter firmware loaded up on the board and ableton recognizes it as a midifighter classic. Just waiting on the led drivers to see if it's fully functional. What do you guys believe? Has anyone else tried using the schematics from the sourceforge midifighter project files to build their own?

Gotta say it was my first time soldering smd resistors by hand and I went with the bigger 0805 which were still a pain to solder.

IMG_20120509_004623.jpgIMG_20120510_091659.jpg

I nicknamed this project RYO (rig your own) since my approach to this was to replicate the midifighter functionality but allow for easy wiring of any type of buttons. I couldn't find cheap sanwa's and got a deal on some other china made arcade buttons so this project is totaling around $80. I still have spare parts to build a couple more if only I can find some more buttons and order additional breakout boards.

My dev board isn't a a teensy but a similar AT90usb162/ATMEGA32U2 based breakout board from mattair which I purchased for $13+shipping.
You need to login in order to write on our forum

<< Cancel

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy