Reply to DDJ-SX or the Felix-set-up?

DDJ-SX or the Felix-set-up?
Hi! Quick story; Since a couple of months I've been registered as a DJ at the Chamber Of Commerce. This means I have to pay taxes over the profits I make. Long tax story short, I want to sell my privately owned T1 and invest money I made DJ'ing into a new set up so I have to pay less taxes in 6 months.

Have DDJ-T1, am in love with the SX. Told myself to wait for the DDJ-TX (guess they would've called a Traktor version like that). However, the SX has almost been a year on the market now and there is still no talk of a TX. Then I saw the Felix with the X1's video and I fell in love. 2 x X1, an Audio 10 soundcard and your pretty much done cause almost any place has a mixer. The freedom of not having to carry 8kg+ around anymore is so tempting! However, this comes at a price as well.

The options!
DDJ-SX = €930,-. It offers me a mixer with room for add-ons. I can easily plug in a live musician (I sometimes play with a live sax) and it's pretty much just an awesome machine. Would need to learn how to use Serato though (but am interested in Serato VJ as well!).

Pro's
+ Looks awesome!!
+ All-in-one
+ Price / resale value (it's Pioneer...)
+ Build quality
+ Could be mapped to Traktor...
+ Option for Serato VJ

Cons
- Need to learn to operate Serato (but don't necessarily see this as a minus)
- Even more heavy than my DDJ-T1
- Not sure if I will use half of its functionality

Kontrol X1 MK2 x 2 + new Audio 10 = €675,-. I've already purchased Traktor Pro 2. Thing is; I'm planning on doing more weddings and mobile gigs so not having a mixer might become a problem. I guess I can solve this problem with buying a Z1 for an addition €190. But I would also need two stands for the X1's to place them at mixer hight at €45,- each. €955,- grand total. More expensive than the SX. But way easier to transport with public transportation (right?) or on a plane.

Pro's
+ Very mobile set-up (max 3 kg's inc cables and usb-hub)
+ Traktor, so no need to learn new software
+ Very flexible set-up
+ Looks really slick as well
+ Option for expansion if I would ever get more creative

Cons
- Price, I'm not sure if I really want to spend Pioneer money on non-Pioneer products
- I won't have a cdj-feel like the DDJ-SX offers (no platters etc)
- Is it really so portable? It needs a lot of setting-up (much more cables needed)
- I'm just really hot for the SX...

What would you guys suggest? I barely have any gigs where I can just show up with a USB-stick only. If there aren't USB-ready CDJ's I'd rather bring my own set-up. I guess 95% of all my gigs require me to do so. I play on average 3 times a week and carrying around alot of KG's all the time is starting to irritate me. Especially if I play across the country and have to carry a second bag with clothes and stuff as well.

TL;DR
The SX is like Gisele B
You need to login in order to write on our forum

<< Cancel

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy