Reply to MP-X10/Versadeck/Synchron/DMC2000/DJinn/S20 firmware update - programmers please help

MP-X10/Versadeck/Synchron/DMC2000/DJinn/S20 firmware update - programmers please help
Note: Started new thread as the Voxoa S60 thread (current thread) will not be found when people search for MP-X10/Syncron etc, or people won't realise that the Voxoa S60 is actually a clone of their deck. This is why I tried to include all variations of this deck in the title.
DJTT Mods: If this is wrong, then delete my account and bar me for life - or just move my post into the S60 one, but it really needs to be retitled with ALL the names of this oft-cloned controller!

Quick Info: Need help flashing/modifing the Citronic MP-X10's firmware with the firmware from another (identical) unit:

Details: I have the Citronic MP-X10 MP3/MIDI unit.

It's also known as:

American Audio Versadeck

Synq DMC2000

Audiophony DJinn

Akiyama Synchron

Voxoa S60 (sounds more like a car!)

... there may be (and most probably are) more aliases for this unit. Actual unit made by HANPIN (Taiwan).

They are all the same hardware spec (as far as I can tell). HOWEVER the firmware is different:
The DMC2000/Synchron units have beat-synched FX, whereas on the Citronic the fx are timed in ms... annoying having to calculate 60/bpm all the time to get the ms value of a beat - also impossible to go from 2/1 to 1/1 quickly. Also the Synchron has autoloop (like Traktor's), so no need to be highly (frame) accurate on loops.

So... I tried to flash my unit with the Synchron unit's firmware, but without success. I am unsure on this, but have looked through the DSP firmware files (all in gobbledegook) and it seems that the header of the Synchron's fw file is at the footer of the Citronic's. The main firmwares though look almost identical (some extra stuff in there on the synchron's, and a different name of the unit in the f/w (obviously - but is this what is stopping the f/w from taking?)).

NOW, is there any way to decompile the firmwares in order that I can hack it and get the Synchron's Firmware loaded on to my MP-X10?

I include Citronic's and the Synchron's firmware files, for info. Of the files enclosed, the ones starting U are the Citronic ones that are currently on my unit. The ones starting C are the Synchron ones that I want to use. Also, the larger file (UDJ202C1100_AL.BIN and C0202FC1400.BIN) is for the unit, and the smaller 448k file (udj20206_avsl.bin & c202f_05.bin) is for the DSP on the unit.

UPDATE: Couldn't get DJTT upload working, so files are available hyar:[ame="http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TS6FFERL"]MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service[/ame]

If anyone knows of a way how to do this, or can point me in the directon of how to (I have worked in IT fixing PCs for 15+ years, so I have a reasonable idea of what I am doing... it's just that I cannot program!). Dunno if decompiling the FW is possible, but if I could, it would help a lot.

Many thanks in advance for any advice or info. I really want to work this out, as Citronic have never updated their firmware since I got my unit, and since then Sync have introduced better track search (by letter) and BPM-linked FX, THEN Akiyama have introduced the autoloop funtion.. I want to be able to flash my unit with the newest (usually best) firmware available to get all these functions! Not just for now either, but in the future as well (e.g. if new features get added on to the DeeJing Q7 unit (yet to be released!)).

I am sure that there must be other DJTT readers out there with incarnations of this unit - it's a good bit of kit already, let's try to make it kickass!

Thanks again,

escapemcp

Citronic MP-X10, Behringer BCD3000, Echo Layla 3G, Numark EM-460 with built in Kaoss Pad, Win7/MacOS dual boot
You need to login in order to write on our forum

<< Cancel

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy