Reply to Ex turntablist getting back in

Ex turntablist getting back in
Hi.Needles ex turntablist from the early 2000s and local DMC champ who's been totally out of the game for 10 years plus. I want to build a new setup incorporating a DVS system. I've never used Traktor or Serato. My old setup was two Gemini 500s and a Vestax 06 mixer.

Important hardware concerns for me are :

1. The fader. Must be smooth as silk, hamster button, realllly durable, and have curve adjust.
2. Transform switch ideal but not mandatory
3. I would like to be able to sample something I play quick and loop it (maybe a scratch beat or quick juggle) and the layer other live samples over top. Do I need a separate box, or do some mixers do this stock?
4. Computer. I have an old AMD dual core laptop, and realize I will probably have to upgrade. Are macs 100% necessary? I prefer windows but don't mind switching. What about something like Rain?
5. DVS. Are there say big differences between the two? Can both handle really technical scratches and juggles? Could I throw my old DMC set at either one without a hiccup?
6. Needles/cartridges. I used to use shure m44-7 (or - g). Have better ones come out. Should I consider the long skinny ortophone type?

I've done a bit if reading and my mixer choices seem to be

Rane 56/57
Rane 61/62
pioneer 909
pioneer t1
traktor z2

I realize if I get a non - DVS mixer (eg. 909) I will have to get the interface box too. What are the pros and cons of integrated interface/standalone box. If I got say a 57, could I use it with traktor? And vice versa with the t1?

Thanks a lot for all the help.
You need to login in order to write on our forum

<< Cancel

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy