Reply to BCR2000 advanced programming

BCR2000 advanced programming
I am in the process of setting up 2 x BCR2000 for my DJ set-up.

I want to configure an encoder two control more than one parameter depending on the state of a shift button. To this end I rely on Traktor's modifiers.

Say I want an encoder to adjust Level, and to adjust Gain if a Shift button is being held down. That's would be fairly easy to set up and works fine, in both Relative and Absolute modes.

The problem is not the encoder but the LED feedback: As you turn an encoder in the BCR, Traktor will send LED feedback to the encoder LED ring (typically the same CC number as the encoder). However, the BCR ignores this feedback by design. It only accepts feedback if the encoder is not being turned, but Traktor only sends feedback while the encoder is being turned!

It's easy for this problem to go unnoticed because we usually configure each encoder to control a single parameter. However, when two parameters are associated with the same encoder this problem becomes apparent.

Is there any way to get Traktor to output MIDI to a parameter different from the triggering parameter, e.g. CC 100 (the Shift button) triggers but output goes to CC 102 (an LED ring)?

Or alternatively, is there any way to get Traktor to "refresh all parameters"?
You need to login in order to write on our forum

<< Cancel

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy