Reply to Re-labelling a controller

Re-labelling a controller
Hi everyone, first post here - apologies if this has been discussed in depth already.

Basically, I am looking for any tips on re-label a controller so that each knob/slider/button, etc corresponds to its user-defined mapping. I have remapped every inch of my VCM-600 and it now meets all my needs with regards to controlling Ableton; yet very few of the knobs and buttons are now used for what the original labels suggest...

As I may sell or pass on the controller in the future I don't want to make any permanent changes to it. I'm also a bit of a pedant when it comes to keeping my gear neat and tidy..

(I did break this latter rule once: a while back I went to work on a cheap midi-keyboard with various bits of coloured paper and lots of sellotape.. Sounds terrible but I loved how crazy it looked, and it was immediately clear what everything did. When I decided to take everything off, however, I was left with a mess of a controller. The VCM-600 is metal so maybe I wouldn't have the same problems..)

Anyway! If anyone has any tips and tricks to share I'd be very interested! Is there a neat, non-permanent way that doesn't involve creating a whole new faceplate? Are there certain ideas that will backfire in, say, a hot evening club?

Any advice would be great!
You need to login in order to write on our forum

<< Cancel

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy