Reply to Blackie Lox's Setup

Blackie Lox's Setup
Was interested in DJing from a young age (around 11 years old) but obviously didn't have money to buy turntables/records, so I ended up using the original PCDJ software.

Was fed up of using the keyboard and mouse to crossfade, so I ended up spending $99 on a Radio Shack Mixer when I was about 15 (1999).

Bought my first set of used Technics 1200's in 2002. Also grabbed a pair of Sony MDR-V700DJ headphones.

Later I upgraded my mixer to an American Audio Q3433-SX. Then bought my first set of CD decks to match it (American Audio Velocity). Added a Boss SP-303 Dr. Sample for triggering one-shots.

After that I sold my Velocity and upgraded to a pair of Denon DN-S5000's when they were released. LOVED those decks.

Picked up a Serato SL-1 in 2005 so i could start using vinyl with MP3's (as I hated burning and labeling CD's).

My American Audio Mixer was starting to crap out on me so I picked up a Behringer DJX 700 (just for home use, as it had HORRIBLE sound quality when hooked up to big systems).

I then traded in my pair of Denon DN-S5000's for a Denon DN-HS5500, to use as a third MP3 deck.
When the SP-6 sample player was added to Serato Scratch Live, I decided to sell my Boss sampler. I used the money to put toward a Denon DN-HC4500, as I've always wanted a midi controller for Scratch Live.

CIMG0005.jpg
CIMG0006.jpgCIMG0007.jpgCIMG0008.jpgCIMG0009.jpgCIMG0010.jpg

I then gained an interest in video mixing, so I purchased the VSL upgrade and replaced my Behringer mixer with a Denon DN-X500 so that I can use the X-control fader function to crossfade videos. Also picked up some KRK Rockit 5's and 10s Subwoofer since the home theatre system I was using wasn't cutting it.

IMG00024.jpg

When the Denon DN-S3700's were released, I tested them out at a local gear store and instantly fell in love again. Wanted to trade in my DN-HS5500, but nobody would take it as it was a quickly discontinued product Nonetheless, I saved money and bought a pair . My Tech 12's were safely tucked away in their cases, as I had no space for them (but would NEVER sell them).

I also wanted to get into production, so I bought Ableton Live 8 and an M-Audio Axiom 25 MIDI keyboard. One of my friend's was selling some acoustic foam for cheap so I grabbed that as well.

CIMG1162.jpgCIMG1163.jpgCIMG1184.jpg
You need to login in order to write on our forum

<< Cancel

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy