Reply to Dustin V's Set Up

Dustin V's Set Up
Hey guys, well it all started way back in 2001, but at that time I didn't have any gear of my own. Instead I was using my friends gear which was 2 crappy Gemini TT's, a Gemini PS626 mixer, and a crate of vinyls. Thats where I first learnt to mix, and fell in love with DJ'ing.

Fast forward a few years to 2005, and I started taking DJ'ing a little more seriously. I still had no gear of my own, but I knew it was something I wanted to do which was more than just a hobby. At this time I had only a pair of shitty Sony headphones and a CD case full of CD's, still none of my own gear....

Fast forward again to 2007, and this is where I actually really bought my first gear. This is the time when a friend introduced me to digital Dj'ing by giving me copy of his VDJ. Until this time I was only playing with CD's, but soon fell for the convenience, and potential of digital DJ'ing. I then decided to get something more professional than mixing with a copy of VDJ, laptop, and a mouse, so I went to GC, and bought a Hercules RMX, and a pair of Senneiser HD205's.

I loved it, it opened a whole new world of DJ'ing for me. The RMX was awesome, but after some time though I started to feel very limited with VDJ. Fast forward to 2009, and a friend of mine also a DJ, then told me about Traktor. He gave me a cracked copy.... I know.... Anyway it was awesome, Traktor with my RMX was wayyyyy better than VDJ for me, and I loved Traktor. It was then that R.G.A.S. set in and I wanted to get something more serious, and professional.

Fast forward to last year 2010, the release of the world famous Kontrol S4. Well what more can I say, I just had to have it. So in early 2011 after saving and saving, I sold my RMX, and upgraded to the S4, an X1, and an Audio 2. I was in love... Also just to mention, a few months before that I had also bought a new MBP, crane stand, and some new Pioneer HDJ 2000's.... R.G.A.S. I'm telling you!!!

So the S4 was amazing, I loved it except for one thing.... It was too big. I travel a lot, and it was just too big for me, so after believeing long and hard I decided to sell it. It was a sad day indeed, but it had to be done. After that I was back in the market for something new, professional, and more compact.

Fast forward a few more months, and to my joy, the Novation Twitch was released. Well after seeing, and reading all the hype on it, I just had to have it. I bought the Twitch and my set up was complete again.

So at the time of this going to print my set up currently consists of:

2011 MBP 15" i7 8GB 500HDD
Novation Twitch
Traktor Kontrol X1
Pioneer HDJ 2000
Traktor Audio 2
Crane stand
UDG 21" Backpack trolley

You need to login in order to write on our forum

<< Cancel

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.