Reply to Ozei's setup

Ozei's setup
I started DJ'ing from scratch about two years ago. With nothing to play with, I bought Numark Mixtrack and Lexicon Alpha USB-interface. With Alpha hooked up to my JVC BoomBlaster and some cheap headset to my computer sound card, and Traktor LE loaded on my shi**y laptop, I was rockin... trainwrecking all over my one room apartment.

My beloved Mixtrack

Two different sound cards caused some troubles; first of all, the Alpha was really bad quality (volume knob didn't affect both stereo channels in the same way) and different sound cards drifted out of sync after a while (yea...).

Big improvement was when I picked up a pair of monitors, Behringer B2030A Truths. For the price they are propably the best piece of studio speakers there are; clear sound with punchy bass.

So then, last christmas, my girlfriend gave me NI Komplete Audio 6 and I was all like
We also moved together and now we have this HUGE apartment and I got my own corner for all my stuff.

Komplete Audio 6 & B2030A Truth

Then, few months back, I bought Traktor Kontrol F1. I don't really use it for anything groundbreaking, mostly launch some complimentary loops and samples out of there. Neat piece of hardware and great build quality, though.

My current stuff

My corner in our apartment

And yes, I am mostly a bedroom DJ. I have done a couple of "gigs" for local sports club, playing at their events (and it's been great for everyone), but really nothing that would have paid me some money. At the moment this is my beloved hobby, but maybe in the future...

Speaking of future; I'm selling my Mixtrack (hurts a bit, though, it has served faithfully) and I'm waiting for my new gear to arrive... Not telling what, at least not yet But more controllerism, I promise

Edit: Tried to fix the pics, derpbox is a new thing for me...

Update 9/8/2013:

New gear:

Mixtrack sold.
Got myself CMD MM-1 and X1 Mk2.

Update 10/31/2013

Kontrol stands.

(And yes, that's foam from Kontrol Stand package under the MM-1, kind of impromptu stand for it )

Gearlist
Acer laptop
Behringer CMD MM-1
Traktor Kontrol X1 Mk2
Traktor Kontrol F1
NI Komplete Audio 6
Behringer B2030A Truth's
Sennheiser HD438 headphones (not the best there are, but good enough)
Traktor Kontrol Case
Magma KNTRL RMX case (for MM-1)
2x Traktor Kontrol Stand
Millenium laptopstand (for occasional gig, if I happen to get any)
You need to login in order to write on our forum

<< Cancel

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy