Reply to Farringt0n mountain cabin setup

Farringt0n mountain cabin setup
Ok, so I have been lurking here for quite some time, and got the general ideas from many of the Ikea builds here, had a lot of the parts already, so I have been slowly building it up over time. Some of my gear is pretty ancient :P

I started out with this (pretty sparse) and after loading it up, I found that the upper shelf could not really handle much weight, so I switched things around and rebuilt it.

So, I moved it out to the living room, put it all on wheels, and flipped the red tabletop over and rotated it 180 degrees and used the same holes to extend a lower platform and had more usable room, but still wasn't happy.

At the same time, I took apart my desktop that had most of my music software on it, and started mounting it in the upper left cubby. Took quite a while to get it all right and get the Lexan cut just how I wanted it, but after a while, I got it done.

Finally toevening , in anticipation of a few more upgrades that are to be coming shortly, I took another picture of the 95% finished booth.

Things that are going to be added:
Keyboard drawer under front shelf so that I can bring mixer out
Building speaker stands
Turntable shipped so that I can use my vinyl again

Both the laptop and the built in desktop can use the monitor, have another monitor if I want to install it.

Gear involved:
Mid 2009 Macbook OSX 10.7
Traktor Kontrol S2
Alesis Multimix 6FX
Alesis M1 Active Mk2 Monitors
Novation Launchpad
Two Pioneer CDJ-100s (have owned these tanks for more than 10 years now, still practically brand new)
Pioneer DJM-300 2 Channel mixer for the CD players
IBM Model M Keyboard from 1984
You need to login in order to write on our forum

<< Cancel

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy